Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush Lobbyist Caught on Tape Taking Bribe.

Atheist God

Times Online

During an undercover investigation by The Sunday Times, Payne was asked to arrange meetings in Washington for an exiled former central Asian president. He outlined the cost of facilitating such access.

“The exact budget I will come up with, but it will be somewhere between $600,000 and $750,000, with about a third of it going directly to the Bush library,” said Payne, who sits on the US homeland security advisory council.

He said initially that the “family” of the Asian politician should make the donation. He later added that if all the money was paid to him he would make the payment to the Bush library. Publicly, it would appear to have been made in the politician’s name “unless he wants to be anonymous for some reason”.

Payne said the balance of the $750,000 would go to his own lobbying company, Worldwide Strategic Partners (WSP).

Asked by an undercover reporter who the politician would be able to meet for that price, Payne said: “Cheney’s possible, definitely the national security adviser [stephen Hadley], definitely either Dr Rice or . . . I think a meeting with Dr Rice or the deputy secretary [John Negroponte] is possible . . .

Judge men by the company they keep.... nuff said.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• __Kratos__

• Atheist God

• itsnotoutthere

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty lame if anything. Why would anybody want to give money to meet Cheney of all people?

Seems pretty lame if anything. Why would anybody want to give money to meet Cheney of all people?

to get a contract to supply socks to Iraq?

There is some dark stuff going on in the white house. I don't trust them. I could picture Cheney in the basement casting evil spells for people and kissing a goats butt. :devil:

There is some dark stuff going on in the white house. I don't trust them. I could picture Cheney in the basement casting evil spells for people and kissing a goats butt. :devil:

lets hope the goat has had its jabs.