Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problem's replying to a post...

Jackofalltrades

Hi,

I have been having a problem replying to a topic...

I have refreshed my browser and even restarted my PC, and still have the same issue

When I finish typing it and click post, it starts off trying to post then just hang's there with the word's "Saving post..." and not really doing anything else

Is there any way to sort this ?

Thank's in advance :tu:

Edit : Obviously I can make a post here... lol

Edited by Jackofalltrades

Which browser are you using ?

How often does this occur, any specific topic(s) ?

Which browser are you using ?

How often does this occur, any specific topic(s) ?

IE 9 is browser

Just started happening today

The only one that it does it on is the "conspiracy theories" tried replying to no avail, I have posted a reply to one in the "shadow people" which worked...

I have not tried replying to any more since then, except this one now

Will it finally go ahead and post it.

No, just hang's there for ages

Just a curiosity... could it be due to the length of the post ?

Possibly, especially if you have some mismatched tags or a lot of code in there.

Sounds most likely to be something specific to the post you are trying to make if it only happened for that one post.

Possibly, especially if you have some mismatched tags or a lot of code in there.

Sounds most likely to be something specific to the post you are trying to make if it only happened for that one post.

Thank's for replying... :tu:

There is quite a few quotes in there...

I will try and post it again, if that does not work I will try two post's see if that help's

Hi ........... again! Remember me? Ms why-can't-I-delete? I occasionally have this problem but can usually make it work by scrolling up to the top of the page and clicking on something else there ........ suddenly, original reply finds it can post itself! Or, I go to another page and discover when I come back that my reply has been posted after all.

Hi ........... again! Remember me? Ms why-can't-I-delete? I occasionally have this problem but can usually make it work by scrolling up to the top of the page and clicking on something else there ........ suddenly, original reply finds it can post itself! Or, I go to another page and discover when I come back that my reply has been posted after all.

Hi...Yes I remember You... :tu: How You doing ?

I have tried that and everything else I can think of, restart the PC refresh browser etc, even tried splitting the post in two (it is quite large) and still to no avail....

It must be something that is in the actual reply that is corrupt, mismatched tag's or something, like what Saru said....

Going to re type my reply from scratch and see if that work's, if it does not work this time round then I give up LOL

Just hope, every time I have tried to post my reply it does not post after a long delay like You have described happening to You in the past, as I dont think the admin or mods will like deleting them all :whistle:

Still having problems replying to just that one topic..... :hmm::unsure:

Tried for a few hour's and got nowhere..... even typed it out again from scratch :unsure:

Time to give up I think, on that topic... LOL

You might find it works later on today ....... that's what happened with my problem yesterday, it just suddenly disappeared.

Hopefully it will....

It is getting a bit frustrating to say the least, also starting to play up on other reply's I try to post

Have you tried it with a different browser ?

Have you tried it with a different browser ?

No not yet.... that is one thing I have not tried

I will do if or when I decide to reply to the topic and it still does it

I have given up for now... LOL

It is still doing the exact same thing...... on the same topic that I am trying to reply to....

I have used a different browser....

I have retyped it from scratch...

I have even just quoted once, and put my reply in once without quoting different part's of the post and splitting each section up...

This is the very first time I have ever come across this, on this or any other forum :hmm:

If you e-mail me the text you are trying to post and the topic you are trying to reply to I'll try it myself and see if I get the same problem.

Send it to: webmaster@unexplained-mysteries.com

Ok thank You

I will do that.... :tu:

If you e-mail me the text you are trying to post and the topic you are trying to reply to I'll try it myself and see if I get the same problem.

Send it to: webmaster@unexplained-mysteries.com

You got mail

Thank's again :tu:

I'm really not sure what to tell you, it posted fine for me without any problems. :hmm:

Would you like me to post this ( under your name ) on your behalf ?

I'm really not sure what to tell you, it posted fine for me without any problems. :hmm:

Would you like me to post this ( under your name ) on your behalf ?

First time ?... :hmm: I had been trying for two days to post that reply, and without success...

I have had second thought's on posting it any way, maybe it was not meant to be posted :hmm:

Please delete it....

Thank's again for helping out :tu:

Yep first time, I also tried it more than once to make sure and it worked both times.

Bit of a strange one that.

Yep first time, I also tried it more than once to make sure and it worked both times.

Bit of a strange one that.

Strange indeed... :hmm:

Even stranger that I have replied to the same topic, last night and it also worked first time

First time I have ever come across it, on this forum or any other

Hey! Just curious :D Did you use the Quick Reply editor or the actual reply page?

Hey! Just curious :D Did you use the Quick Reply editor or the actual reply page?

Quick reply is the main one I was using, but did try the reply page once also

That's a good point. I'd forgotten about that ...... I've had more problems with Quick Reply.