Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destruction of Hell

markprice

This made me wonder if hell could ever be destroyed.

You wouldn't have a problem detonating a demonic version of a nuke in whatever demonic realm demons inhabit, would you?

The idea of using a "nuke" is obviously ridiculous considering much of hell is a firestorm etc.--they would probably enjoy that--but I have heard hell would be destroyed eventually. Something about casting hell into a lake of fire seems possible, but then the lake of fire would be hell, right? I don't think God destroys energy and the energy of evil balances the divine, so that would be more of a method of containment. I'm not sure of the biblical details so I wonder if hell is destroyed when earth is destroyed. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and then the new hell will be a lake of fire?

it depends on how you conceptionalise hell, actually.

I'm f the Dante disposition, and hell is cold. the fiery pits are for those who defy God in the final conflict.

it depends on how you conceptionalise hell, actually.

I'm f the Dante disposition, and hell is cold. the fiery pits are for those who defy God in the final conflict.

Icy in the lower section, where the devil resides, and small lakes of fire above that(firestorm is not all there is to it). I think of hell as a vast place, as big as heaven, with all kinds of bizarre landscapes. Evil permeates hell the way divine energy permeates heaven. Completely different creatures would have to exist in each realm, like a fish not able to survive in the air etc. I doubt anyone could be on a spiritual path without recognizing hell eventually, even if it's the last thing they do. Artists have been a big help with this.

According to Jesus Christ, God-the-Father has the power to destroy soul [Matthew 10:28]. Hell vs. Lake of Fire vs. River of Fire?? The Book of Revelation provokes controversy, even though it echoes the Book of Daniel, let me put it that way.

Peace.

• Like 1

According to Jesus Christ, God-the-Father has the power to destroy soul [Matthew 10:28]. Hell vs. Lake of Fire vs. River of Fire?? The Book of Revelation provokes controversy, even though it echoes the Book of Daniel, let me put it that way.

Peace.

To destroy soul is not the same as destroying energy, if that's what you meant. There are many echoes in the bible...

To destroy soul is not the same as destroying energy, if that's what you meant. There are many echoes in the bible...

What most people think of energy is still based on material context. Soul has nothing to do with energy, and I say this from my experience of the afterlife and the Void. I mentioned Jesus because apparently He, alone, said that God has the power to destroy it. Jesus has my 300% allegiance (if you know what I mean) because He was the only one who took me out of that Void. It makes me wonder, however, who spread this rumor that energy cannot be destroyed. Then again, I'm not surprised because there are other sons of God... It just happens that Jesus is "unique" among them. Plus, this is not His kingdom, at least not yet. Edited by braveone2u

What most people think of energy is still based on material context. Soul has nothing to do with energy, and I say this from my experience of the afterlife and the Void. I mentioned Jesus because apparently He, alone, said that God has the power to destroy it. Jesus has my 300% allegiance (if you know what I mean) because He was the only one who took me out of that Void. It makes me wonder, however, who spread this rumor that energy cannot be destroyed. Then again, I'm not surprised because there are other sons of God... It just happens that Jesus is "unique" among them. Plus, this is not His kingdom, at least not yet.

That's interesting, but how do you know soul has nothing to do with energy? If you take away the soul the person dies; so people don't live on material energy alone.

The void is also interesting. You could say it is a lack of souls and everything else--lack of energy, then a soul not being a void is energy, right? Physics came to the conclusion that energy cannot be destroyed. If you agree that God is All then that would include all kinds of energy, and I don't think you want to limit God even with speculation that parts of Him can be destroyed. Individuals can be destroyed but not energy IMO.

I destroyed hell a long time ago, I don't believe in it.

• Like 1

Hell is a spiritual state you may willingly descend into.

If you don't want to go there, clean up your life.

It's not really a question of destroying it - rather, one of avoiding it.

• Like 1

Hi markprice,

Nothing in this world is what it seems. Our definition of things will always fall short, including mine because you have to understand that I'm not in Paradise yet. I am, however, informing you my truth (as a "born again" Christian), the way I perceived the afterlife, and the way my "awareness" [cognition in the Void] grasped and retrospected the reality of things on earth during my Void sojourn. Keep in mind, the Void is just one reality of the afterlife.

There's also a plane of existence that's "just a breath away" from our earth plane; a thin veil separates us from it. Some psychics have a gift to see through that veil. Deep meditation is another way to catch a glimpse of it. An additional example is right before you die or before the spirit leaves or get ejected from the body. Have you ever seen a dying person? Part of him or her is already on the otherside, and more often than not, an ethereal aura surrounds that person, as if the soul is already separating from the body. Sometimes, that dying person has a sudden burst of spiritual (or spirit) revelation. This other realm is not paradise, and I believe this "Shadow World" is where the "gods" (the Bible said that there are other sons of God) and other beings or spirits reside. I say shadow because they were like tall, huge shadows.

After my Void incident (the year 2000), I've been doing quite a bit of research on this matter. There's so much to say. I even wrote a fictional screenplay and a book about the subject, and received a number of awards; the keyword here is fiction/art, not a biography.

One major thing about Jesus: I felt this "unconditional love" power or presence while I was with Him compared to the other "awesome" beings outside(?) of the Void. Those "awesome" beings were devoid of love, but they were not scary, more like weary and suspicious of my presence. Yes, they were "awesome," the correct use of the word.

There's so much to say, and I'm still putting my puzzle together (after all these years). Nevertheless, my Void experience has dramatically changed my life, and I'm back to my Christian root after 13 years of being a kundalini meditation teacher under an ancient lineage. Before teaching, however, I was a yogi and a mystic for 15 years; therefore, a total of 28 years of being a non-Christian.

Peace.

I think we can destroy hell by challenging the devil to release all his prisoners. When there is only one tiny man down there all by himself god will give him a campfire, some marshmellows and tiny stick.. and then all will be fine.

• Like 2

Hell has no power to a "born again" or Christian because Jesus protects the soul of His believer. On the other hand, we are still in the body... Hell is also being away from the presence of the Holy Spirit. To be with Jesus Christ/God, 24/7, is my definition of paradise.

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 2

Glad that worked for you but sadly it had no effect on hell (you knew that, or at least you knew I would say that?).

True except for the willingly part that is half right.

Like the braveone, I had a void experience recently--not sure about his details--and there was nothing willing about it. It was a total loss of gravity in spinning darkness; as I rushed downward I thought: this is that damned tunnel to hell again and I've been there and done that so I decided to stop by finding sort of a vertical compass. It was like pushing my feet down against the walls of a tube until I stopped. I snapped out of it but then my life fell apart a month later with blood-clot-paralysis etc.

I would never willingly do that.

Very interesting indeed! Well firstly I wonder what is HELL? the Hell as we are taught is a place somewhere deep under ground that is hot and has fire and smoke and torture left, right and centre....sounds really petrifying right? well....

Hell to me is The negative choices we make in this JOURNEY called life.... meaning every single one of us have the gift called CHOICE...

Let's say there is a powerful entity that created every living thing, and so every living creature great and small was set upon this earth to LIVE, to SURVIVE or try to survive at least... Now we are told MAN is the superior creation! he is the most intelligent animal walking this EARTH, and please don't feel offended when I call US HUMANS animals because frankly that is exactly what we are, we are apart of the animal KINGDOM, we however are an amazing creation! :) yet, we are so riddled with FLAWS!! we LIE, CHEAT,KILL,STEAL,DESTROY,FIGHT,HATE, the list goes on and on.... however there are some of us who are KIND,CARING,HONEST,JOYFUL,THANKFUL and so forth....

Now the problem with this scenario is that you have some people who CHOOSE to live a more peaceful LIFE, and you have some people who CHOOSE to live a more destructive LIFE! Well, the way I look at it, the ones who choose to pollute this EARTH with their manipulation, LIES and CURROPTION have created HELL!! hell is a CHOICE! you have brought HELL right to our doorstep! what I don't understand is all the people who choose to LIVE in EVIL and sadistic thought, why don't you all get together, find a spot somewhere on earth and Live by yourself, go on Kill eachother, bomb eachother, fight and LIE to eachother!!!! and leave the rest of us peaceful beings ALONE.... now picture the HEAVEN this world would be if there was a system that banished ALL you HELL SEEKERS!!! :)

I'm just saying we as people need to mentally EVOLVE this viscious cycle repeats itself OVER AND OVER again,it's really PRIMITIVE to say the least.... you think after all these years MAN would realize that this system of THINKING does NOT WORK! meaning it's time for a CHANGE, it's time to understand that we are creating CONFUSED societies because of SELFISH DEEDS and manipulated ways of thinking... so what should we do, CHANGE yes thats right once again I will state that we all as beings need to start with OURSELVES recondition the MIND into a more evolved way of thinking and looking at LIFE.... we are here for a purpose and for a short time really if you think about it. I believe we were suppose to be carers of the MOTHER EARTH, we were suppose to learn compassion, unity and LOVE and so we would raise our vibration spiritually into higher beings, so much so that we EVOLVE as a race of people!

NO child is born EVIL always remember that! it is the SEED PLANTED within the MIND that erodes and corrupts over time weither it is the childs environment or abuse he/she suffered in life.the truth is LIFE is the most simplest gift it is WE HUMANS who make life COMPLICATED! think about it...all you have to do in life is LIVE! GET ON! stop the HATE! and work together to build and evolve.

unfortunately at this time because of selfishness, hate and pure EVIL choices WE ARE IN HELL... wars, starvation, co-operate greed, murder etc!! so folks all you can do is create your HEAVEN for heaven resides within the choices you MAKE!

Edited by truthseekerforall

Mankind has always had an unusual fascination with Hell. The Bible describes it as an actual place and I believe that is exactly the case. Jesus mentioned that Hell is in the "heart of the Earth" so does that literally mean the center inside the Earth? Years ago, a recording surfaced that claimed to be the screams of those being tormented in Hell. It was taken by Russian scientists drilling the Earth back in 2007 and it was from deep within the Earth. Now, most scholars on the Bible and most people will say that Hell is just a state of mind or that it is a scare tactic used by Christians to convert non-believers. Which may be true enough in both cases, I admit. However, I do not think Hell is just an imaginary place made to scare people. I believe that more and more, these biblical accounts of actual places will be found to have tangible evidence. Just google the "near death experience" and looks at those accounts of people who claim to have died, went to an actual Hell, and came back to tell their story. It never happens that Hell is a state of mind or that these deceased people experience a scare tactic at all. What you have is real fear based on a short glimpse into the afterlife. Studies have been done on the NDEs and cannot be disproven as real and the only excuse science came come up with is chemical brain reactions to the dying process accounting for sights and sounds people perceive as the near death experience. Which is laughable, considering that a good majority of these people are indeed brain dead and have no way of being able to see or hear anything.

Depending on your particular belief system, you either emphatically believe in an actual Hell or you disbelieve it. I would rather consider it a very real possibility and be wrong than not believe and be wrong.

• Like 3

This made me wonder if hell could ever be destroyed.

The idea of using a "nuke" is obviously ridiculous considering much of hell is a firestorm etc.--they would probably enjoy that--but I have heard hell would be destroyed eventually. Something about casting hell into a lake of fire seems possible, but then the lake of fire would be hell, right? I don't think God destroys energy and the energy of evil balances the divine, so that would be more of a method of containment. I'm not sure of the biblical details so I wonder if hell is destroyed when earth is destroyed. There will be a new heaven and a new earth and then the new hell will be a lake of fire?

Biblically, Hell does not exist as an external place now. Biblically all evil will be destroyed when the new earth is created; so hell and any denizens therein cannot exist after that time,

The most likely biblical singular truth is that humans create heaven and hell in this world by their choices. And/ or as an alternative possibilty the banishment of satan and a third of the angels who defied god, to EARTH, has transformed this planet into a form of hell for many people.

After death according to the bible we all sleep in our graves until the resurrection and judgement days. The damned then face the second death, in which their body and self awareness is destroyed, while the saved are restored to their edenic form to live on the new earth, reconnected physically and spiritually with god. There is no hell in the new earth (or beyond it) when you read the physical description of it in revelations.

Edited by Mr Walker

so folks all you can do is create your HEAVEN for heaven resides within the choices you MAKE!

Some scholars did mention that God gave the nations of the world over to the authority of the seventy top-ranking fallen angels (or sons of God). Therefore, we (still) have a choice (I agree) to give our hearts to Jesus Christ. There must be a reason why Israel is still in the picture. Just a thought. Peace.

Or not creating our personal versions of it.

I suppose if hell is a physical place it's probably on another planet. In this case, you could find a way to Manuver a black whole into its system. Mabey inject its star with a stellar core fragment of condensed iron. But there might be many hellish planets out there. Certainly some resemble the popular image of hell.

Biblically, Hell does not exist as an external place now. Biblically all evil will be destroyed when the new earth is created; so hell and any denizens therein cannot exist after that time,

The most likely biblical singular truth is that humans create heaven and hell in this world by their choices. And/ or as an alternative possibilty the banishment of satan and a third of the angels who defied god, to EARTH, has transformed this planet into a form of hell for many people.

After death according to the bible we all sleep in our graves until the resurrection and judgement days. The damned then face the second death, in which their body and self awareness is destroyed, while the saved are restored to their edenic form to live on the new earth, reconnected physically and spiritually with god. There is no hell in the new earth (or beyond it) when you read the physical description of it in revelations.

Then the biblical hell must be inside the earth:

"The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).

And earth must be cast into the lake of fire to destroy hell.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).

"The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;" (2 Samuel 22:6).

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death" (Revelation 20:14).

You forgot to include this: "But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [ Matthew 8:12]" Outer darkness = Void, perhaps? Therefore, hell is a conscious state of torment, not just a location. As I have mentioned earlier, the Book of Revelation provokes controversy. Not all Christians believe it; however almost all believe in the Book of Daniel.

Peace.

The lake of fire seems to appear after armagedon, when satan etc surender to god/christ. All evil is consumed in this, from fallen angels, satan, the beast, and those humans not saved for eternal life. The smoke from this arises in an "unending pillar". This refers to its height, not its duration, as obviously the fire and smoke ceases before the new earth is reformed or recreated.

It is the end point of present existence, and allows the transformation into the new earth and a new time, where the lamb lies down with the lion; death, decay, pain and suffering, no longer exist, and all evil is removed. The old earth is definitely consumed by fire as a cleansing process, from which the new earth arises phoenix- like in its new form. These are the literal words of revelations, and thus of the bible, for those who take the bible's words literally.

I find another sort of truth evident in these words. The fire of god cleanses and transforms the soul of man and creates within him (as an individual) a new being; no longer tainted by the forces which cause evil pain and suffering in mankind. Such a man/woman, is "ready for heaven" and able to reconnect spiritually and physically with god.

Ps in my understanding via literary "deconstruction" of the nature of the bible, its writers and its writing, Daniel and revelation were written to be deliberately linked. Ie revelation was written deliberately as a text following on from Daniel. They contain linkages, repetitions and connections. They are also the two most significant books of prophecy in the bible.

Edited by Mr Walker

Did you guys know that hell has a games lobby in the basement? Hitler is down there playing bocce as I type!

Anyway I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate a nuke being detonated down there, at least not until he finishes his game...

The imagery of hell originates from a dump outside of ancient Jerusalem where garbage, waste and possibly the bodies of criminals were burned. Into a valley garbage was thrown over the side of a ravine into what was basically a fire pit, where It constantly smoldered, burned and gave off noxious black smoke.

Hell may or may not be a place of burning, but in Luke 16:24 it says of a man in hell, "Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire." In context, this was a parable of Jesus about two men, one righteous and one not and the fate that each met after death. Jesus always seems to draw his parables from real life events, unlike say Aesop who would use things like talking animals in his wisdom fables. If you hold that Jesus was God in human form and therefore knows all, past, present and future, then this could indeed represent a real event, just not one happening on earth.

Others say that if someone dies without God in their sins, then the worst of human traits follows that person into eternity and may manifest itself with greater intensity as the ages roll by. Therefore the fire may also burn within and not only without. If you magnify hate, greed, lust, fear, and so forth to an infinite degree, all without the hope of ever coming into God's presence or of even having available even one act of love, mercy, kindness, etcetera, then that is hell indeed. In the same parable Abraham talks to the lost soul and says Lazarus cannot come to the man's aid because there is a great gulf or chasm between the places where the two men now reside and neither can cross to the other.

Hell seems to be a temporary place like a holding area until God's final judgment on the lost, when hell itself is thrown into the Lake of Fire as outlined in the book of Revelations.

I don't think hell exists any other place except here on this planet, in people's minds, by their thoughts, actions & beliefs. Same with heaven. For me, they're not physical locations, but states of mind. I'm here to celebrate the gift of life, not atone for it.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 2