Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gamma-ray burst 'hit Earth in 8th Century'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,543 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

"A gamma ray burst, the most powerful explosion known in the Universe, may have hit the Earth in the 8th Century.

In 2012 researchers found evidence that our planet had been struck by a blast of radiation during the Middle Ages, but there was debate over what kind of cosmic event could have caused this.

Now a study suggests it was the result of two black holes or neutron stars merging in our galaxy.

This collision would have hurled out vast amounts of energy.

The research is published in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-21082617

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,166 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

well that explains all those Hulks running about in 765....

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

The weird fields where no nuclear weapons were used but samples say otherwise, If you push the date back or expect if it happened then why not a repititive cycle and have a few before that. This could answer the "unknown" counterpart in the Cave Man -> Human jump that people keep trying to put a ET into this God person or into the crazy scientists that did weird science and made a new breed of animal. Could also explain evolution and a lot of other things as well. Hope it's not because it closes a lot of what if's but opens a whole new neighborhood of doors to open that one could only begin to estimate of it's capabilities.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users