Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loch Ness monster cited by US schools as

Still Waters

Is this legal? Knowingly distributing false information? If it is not illegal, it should be.

Unfortunately it is probably covered by 'Freedom of Speech'...

Lots of schools push twisted versions of history and 'facts' onto their pupils (especially from a religious perspective) luckily in this age of information availability you can go home to do your homework and discover a whole new point of view.

I feel the need to put this theory to the test.

Hmm,,I wonder if I could get government funding for it :)

I think they do, these researchers demonstrate there results on the Jeremy Kyle Show every now and then. They get drunk and test this theory using 'Government Grants' called Job 'Seekers allowance' and 'Income support'.

To be honest, i believe in Nessie more than that fairy Jesus. We could rewrite to Bible and adapt Nessie and the son of God! 'The Gospel according to Nessie'.. Hmmm.. Has a bit of a ring to it

To be honest, i believe in Nessie more than that fairy Jesus. We could rewrite to Bible and adapt Nessie and the son of God! 'The Gospel according to Nessie'.. Hmmm.. Has a bit of a ring to it

Fairy Jesus?

The son of the washing up God?

Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face, with mild green Fairy Jesus...

And yes i have been known to be opinionated on occasion.

As have I :D

I feel the need to put this theory to the test.

Hmm,,I wonder if I could get government funding for it :)

I noticed that when I drank strong cider .. and wine... I got so drunk I would barely remember a thing..The hangovers were awful . BUT when I drank shots all night...I got like a happy drunk...could remember almost everything and barely a hangover... I guess drink can effect each of us in different ways.. The only drink I would never touch is beer... I have heard people say if they drank beers all night they feel fine and remember all.. Then some say it makes them pass out and they forget a lot !

I remember my mother always saying to me when I got hungover - Well its you're own fault ..you shouldn't mix your drinks, in my day we sat over the one drink the whole night... but you had to show off didn't you? <-- nagged that over me when I was talking to God on the big white telephone lol ( big white telephone aka the toilet ) ...I always mixed my drinks though lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I have also suffered with depression on-and-off for most of my life. However, unlike yourself, I have found anti-depressants to be absolutely essential to improving my mood and by extension my life. How could a person take time to improve themselves and alleviate their own suffering if they were, for example, constantly being besieged by suicidal ideation or panic attacks? Rather than view medication as a “dodge” or a “magic fix”, one could instead view it as an important step on the road to recovery--a means to normalize or empower oneself so that you are, with a clear head, better able to work out issues in your life that are contributing to unhappiness and ridding yourself of destructive habits.

I know how it sounded, but I wasn't criticizing use of anti-depressants when necessary. It came up as an analogy of using belief instead of coping and how belief is not universally a good thing. I was just trying to make the point that there are many cases where lifestyle changes clear up depression, I know it won't work for everyone or the most severe cases. But for the people alternative means can work for, taking medication is uneccessary and even potentially dangerous.

I noticed that when I drank strong cider .. and wine... I got so drunk I would barely remember a thing..The hangovers were awful . BUT when I drank shots all night...I got like a happy drunk...could remember almost everything and barely a hangover... I guess drink can effect each of us in different ways.. The only drink I would never touch is beer... I have heard people say if they drank beers all night they feel fine and remember all.. Then some say it makes them pass out and they forget a lot

I find if you want to remember your dreams you should set your alarm an hour before you want to wake up. For me this works wonders, I wake up and go back to sleep, any dreams in this hour seem to be more vivid and easier to remember. This might go against some peoples view of when and how we dream but even with a 20 minute sleep in this situation I can get good results whether I have been drinking, smoking or injecting the night before ;)

I find if you want to remember your dreams you should set your alarm an hour before you want to wake up. For me this works wonders, I wake up and go back to sleep, any dreams in this hour seem to be more vivid and easier to remember. This might go against some peoples view of when and how we dream but even with a 20 minute sleep in this situation I can get good results whether I have been drinking, smoking or injecting the night before ;)

Either that, or get a dog. Our labrador has been unwell with a stomach upset for a week, ( the vet checked him out and proclaimed nothing to worry about) and i have to get up and let him out and in about 4 times a night. This allows me access to more of my dreams because i wake up in the middle of them at least 4 times each night, and have time to ponder on them as I stand in the freezing cold kitchen waiting for Finn to come back inside. :passifier: Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Aye but see... I have an eight week old baby boy... trust me when I say this - I will take as much sleep as I as and when he lets me lol :P When you have newborn babies in your home...you will value any sleep you get...!! As for drinking... I never miss it..those days are long gone !

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Either that, or get a dog. Our labrador has been unwell with a stomach upset for a week, ( the vet checked him out and proclaimed nothing to worry about) and i have to get up and let him out and in about 4 times a night. This allows me access to more of my dreams because i wake up in the middle of them at least 4 times each night, and have time to ponder on them as I stand in the freezing cold kitchen waiting for Finn to come back inside. :passifier:

Can you get a second opinion Mr Walker? ..Or does your dog do this all the time sick or not sick ?

Aye but see... I have an eight week old baby boy... trust me when I say this - I will take as much sleep as I as and when he lets me lol :P When you have newborn babies in your home...you will value any sleep you get...!! As for drinking... I never miss it..those days are long gone !

Hopefully your broken sleep patterns might give you an increased experience in remembering your dreams more vividly (not that I'm hoping you get broken sleeping patterns :) ). I never understood why my Dad would fall asleep during the day, until I became a parent myself, now I sleep like Martini. Any time, any place, anywhere...

Hopefully your broken sleep patterns might give you an increased experience in remembering your dreams more vividly (not that I'm hoping you get broken sleeping patterns :) ). I never understood why my Dad would fall asleep during the day, until I became a parent myself, now I sleep like Martini. Any time, any place, anywhere...

When you become a parent ...thats when reality hits you harder... the things you never gave a second thought to..you soon take notice... even thing you may have shown ignorance to...it happens ..For me it was like looking at the world in a whole new light !

Before I fell pregnant..I remembers only some of my dreams...BUT when I became pregnant it all changed..the dreams became stronger and more realistic for many of them... Even if I closed my eyes for 10 mins..I remembered the dream... I looked it up and it told me that pregnant women tend to have more dreams than normal.. Sometimes I would have woken up due to my husband snoring ( which by the way is blinking typical lol ) ..I would recall my dream... I later turn back to sleep and the dream itself continued, almost like I was watching a DVD and pressed the pause on the remote then hit play again and the dream went on...

Being honest I do not like 99% of my dreams..I try to forget them ...most are just weird .... BUT get this.. and I kid you not........ One night I had a dream about my daughter Becky coming to me, she called out six numbers...over and over she called out six numbers saying "Mommy you are next".and her face all smiles...... I woke up next morning and tried hard to remember the six numbers...I jotted down five of them...come to do the sixth number and I had a mental block...I couldnt recall if it was no 9 or no 14 ....I ran with no 14 and did a line of lottery numbers........... I had five of the winning numbers ...the one I didn't get was no 9...!! If I had of jotted down no 9 instead of 14..I would have been a multi millionaire and I am not lying.. That dream sticks in my head...... Now who or what sent me that dream? Or was it one of those things? See I don't know.. but blimeny I could use another crack at that type of dream lol :P

Wish I was like you and can sleep any place and any time.any place anywhere lol..I am a picky sleeper...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

evolution theory ... THEORY THEORY .. its not a fact... how come those christians are so ...... ... ahhh .. uh.. . i dont wanna think about it ..

but i dont believe in the evolution theory ... either :D :D :D aliens created us :D

Not aliens (as far as we know) but universe particulary stars. We are children of the stars.

When you become a parent ...thats when reality hits you harder... the things you never gave a second thought to..you soon take notice... even thing you may have shown ignorance to...it happens ..For me it was like looking at the world in a whole new light !

Before I fell pregnant..I remembers only some of my dreams...BUT when I became pregnant it all changed..the dreams became stronger and more realistic for many of them... Even if I closed my eyes for 10 mins..I remembered the dream... I looked it up and it told me that pregnant women tend to have more dreams than normal.. Sometimes I would have woken up due to my husband snoring ( which by the way is blinking typical lol ) ..I would recall my dream... I later turn back to sleep and the dream itself continued, almost like I was watching a DVD and pressed the pause on the remote then hit play again and the dream went on...

Being honest I do not like 99% of my dreams..I try to forget them ...most are just weird .... BUT get this.. and I kid you not........ One night I had a dream about my daughter Becky coming to me, she called out six numbers...over and over she called out six numbers saying "Mommy you are next".and her face all smiles...... I woke up next morning and tried hard to remember the six numbers...I jotted down five of them...come to do the sixth number and I had a mental block...I couldnt recall if it was no 9 or no 14 ....I ran with no 14 and did a line of lottery numbers........... I had five of the winning numbers ...the one I didn't get was no 9...!! If I had of jotted down no 9 instead of 14..I would have been a multi millionaire and I am not lying.. That dream sticks in my head...... Now who or what sent me that dream? Or was it one of those things? See I don't know.. but blimeny I could use another crack at that type of dream lol :P

Wish I was like you and can sleep any place and any time.any place anywhere lol..I am a picky sleeper...

Being a parent definitley changes people, probably more so with women due to the physical changes that come with it.

That lottery dream is great, next time though be a bit more confident. Do two lines and include 9 and 14, you might not be a multi millionaire but you must have got back more than your pound stake.

Yup, I can sleep anywhere these day's, bed, sofa, train, car. Once I am comfortable its zzzzzzzz time. Still trying to catch up on sleep from those baby days (six years ago).

Being a parent definitley changes people, probably more so with women due to the physical changes that come with it.

That lottery dream is great, next time though be a bit more confident. Do two lines and include 9 and 14, you might not be a multi millionaire but you must have got back more than your pound stake.

Yup, I can sleep anywhere these day's, bed, sofa, train, car. Once I am comfortable its zzzzzzzz time. Still trying to catch up on sleep from those baby days (six years ago).

I won a few thousand but still was kicking myself at the time... I always do 3 lines..I added on a 4th thinking I was on to something... If it ever happens again..i'll make sure I have more than a line to cover it

Can you get a second opinion Mr Walker? ..Or does your dog do this all the time sick or not sick ?

Finns ok, but thanks for your concern. I think the vet was correct in her diagnosis. She did a full examination and found him basically healthy . Normally he might get up once or twice during the night (from 10 pm to 7 am) but he was obviously uncomfortable, wouldnt eat and threw up one lot of food. When a lab doesnt eat you know something is wrong. He is fine now; went for a long walk on the beach yesterday, and we will be taking him out again today. We had changed his diet food, trying to get him down from 45 ks to 35 and i think something disagreed with him. :cry:

Finns ok, but thanks for your concern. I think the vet was correct in her diagnosis. She did a full examination and found him basically healthy . Normally he might get up once or twice during the night (from 10 pm to 7 am) but he was obviously uncomfortable, wouldnt eat and threw up one lot of food. When a lab doesnt eat you know something is wrong. He is fine now; went for a long walk on the beach yesterday, and we will be taking him out again today. We had changed his diet food, trying to get him down from 45 ks to 35 and i think something disagreed with him. :cry:

I was just wondering about his bladder...If he is an old dog, his bladder could be weaker and needs to go out more...I know this because my old dog Charlie ( old springer spaniel ) was like that.. The poor wee man struggled in his last year .....he made it to 14 years He had good innings...I haven't gotten another dog since him..and don't want to...

But from what you are saying, he could well have eaten something that messed up his stomach...I recall my old dog eating grass.. I think they do that to clean out their stomachs ...

uh HELLOOOOO, why are we talking about dogs bladders when Nessy's rep is at stake?

We will talk about Ness

uh HELLOOOOO, why are we talking about dogs bladders when Nessy's rep is at stake?

LOL ok.. We will talk about Nessys bladder .... :P

I won a few thousand but still was kicking myself at the time... I always do 3 lines..I added on a 4th thinking I was on to something... If it ever happens again..i'll make sure I have more than a line to cover it

Eeeeep I read the part about "doing 3 lines" before any other part of this and thought it meant something totally different for a second :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...