Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's this? bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature

Goodnite

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig.The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.

arrow3.gifRead more...

well since this happened in rural Africa and there is not a picture or video this is what it is. A story, that's all. In a place where people still burn people alive for witchcraft I wouldn't believe anything relayed without pictures even if you paid me.

• Like 1

Possibly a pet dog from miles away that has mange and is lost so hunting for food.

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

Janet Reno from the Grave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the OP link:

Residents in northern Namibia, on the southwest coast of Africa, have reported being terrorized by a bizarre dog-pig hybrid creature. The animal is said to be mostly white and unlike anything the villagers have ever seen, with a doglike head and the broad, round, nearly hairless back and shoulders of a giant pig. The beast was spotted chasing and attacking dogs, goats and other domestic animals in this arid region not far from the Kalahari desert.

Sounds a lot like an albino hyena. Hyenas can be pretty tubby. They also will chase and eat livestock and dogs. Parts of Namibia are within the known range of spotted hyenas.

What could this monster be? One Namibian official, regional councilor Andreas Mundjindi, was quoted in Informante newspaper as saying, "This is an alien animal that the people have not seen before. We don't have a forest here, only bushes. So, this must be black magic at play."

he had me right up to the point where he said Black Magic. I thought he was going to say "This must be a lost forest animal."

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

You cut and pasted this post in two different threads. It has nothing to do with this thread, why did you post it here?

From the OP link:

Sounds a lot like an albino hyena. Hyenas can be pretty tubby. They also will chase and eat livestock and dogs. Parts of Namibia are within the known range of spotted hyenas.

he had me right up to the point where he said Black Magic. I thought he was going to say "This must be a lost forest animal."

An albino hyena in the area would be well known by the locals. There's no reason why it wouldn't be. The evidence points to a crytpid animal similar to the infamous 'nandi bear'.
The Nandi Bear, also known as Ngoloko is a cryptid, or unconfirmed animal, reported to live in Africa. It takes its name from the Nandi people who live in western Kenya, near where the Nandi Bear is reported as living.

Frank W. Lane wrote, "What the Abominable Snowman is to Asia, or the great Sea Serpent is to the oceans, the Nandi Bear is to Africa. It is one of the most notorious of those legendary beasts which have, so far, eluded capture and the collector's rifle."

An albino hyena in the area would be well known by the locals. There's no reason why it wouldn't be. The evidence points to a crytpid animal similar to the infamous 'nandi bear'.

If an albino hyena would be well known by locals why wouldnt a fictional nandi bear also be well known? Why would you assume the locals would have a knowledge of all the individual wild animals in the area?

If an albino hyena would be well known by locals why wouldnt a fictional nandi bear also be well known? Why would you assume the locals would have a knowledge of all the individual wild animals in the area?

Lol! Because the 'nandi bear' has evolved to remain hidden and undetected compared to the easily seen hyenas! People in Africa rely on their knowledge of the local surroundings and animals for their very survival!

From the article:

This is not the first time that unusual animals have been spotted in rural areas of Namibia; several other monsters have been reported over the years, including in July 2009, when unknown creatures reportedly sucked the blood out of livestock, including nearly two dozen goats. Though no one saw the monsters, they were said to have left footprints similar to those of a dog, but much larger. Police followed the footprints, but they mysteriously stopped in an open field, as if the creature suddenly took flight or vanished. At that time, locals were also convinced that the strange beast was the product of black magic — going so far as to accuse an old man and his sister of conjuring the creature.

It's not clear whether locals believe that the current dog-headed, pig-bodied animal is the same mystery creature that terrorized the region three years ago. Whether the reports are real or rumor, hopefully belief in these creatures won't be used as an excuse for mob attacks on elderly men and women suspected of witchcraft.

P.S. Don't you have a job to go to during the day or is it the time difference?

Edited by tailormaneinafog

I'd love to see a "dog headed pig monster" although I somewhat doubt its existence.

wow you guys got it wrong! #1, the dog part is not dog, it is bear! #2, you forgot to say it was also part man!

IT IS NONE OTHER THAN MANBEARPIG!!!

Canine Pig!

Canine Pig!

Does whatever a canine pig does!

can he swing from a web?

No he can't!

He's a pig!

Look out!

Here comes the canine pig!!

Wonga! People, its just a frickin story, more than likely its hype from the other story about the shape-shifting pig-man-dog sneak in the dark (very near the tavern) monster stalking South African small towns! Nuff said...

Our old shapeshifter is back.

Oh well another non event for Mr Gates and his Destination Truth team not to discover.....

Quick to the Bat Cave.....

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

I saw the half bear half pigman on south park last night. lol

I guess the residents of that area are too poor to have cell phones with cameras,but a picture would be handy.Poking fun at these folk is not in the least funny.

Wonga! People, its just a frickin story, more than likely its hype from the other story about the shape-shifting pig-man-dog sneak in the dark (very near the tavern) monster stalking South African small towns! Nuff said...

LOL... I also thought of that story. I guess it got stuck while trying to shift from a bear to a pig, it must be sick. :lol: