Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurs in the Bible

Ashley-Star*Child

If you want to read the original post for this go to the end of this page onwards by atrueoriginal. I'm not writing it all out again, and I don't think anyone else will either, but I made this post to continue it.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashley-Star*Child

• SilverCougar

• Kat_Kloud

• witch~hunter

I honestly don't know why you bother Ashley. The Bible may be read as a history, or a novel, but to get it's true meaning you need devine guidance. Something most people here will not strive for.

*sighs and shakes her head*

Honestly, I can almost bet dollars to brownies that the bohemath and Lavaithan were one of the many large prehistoric animals.

Ashley: Before you go ahead with your Biblical dinosaurs, keep these in mind. The Triassic period, is 248 million years back in time, the Jurassic period, is 206 million years back in time and the Cretaceous period, is 144 million years back in time.

To date, archaeologists have found proof from tells that humans like us lived in Europe and North Africa as far back as 30,000 BC and in North America around 13,000 BC.

Goodnight. It's been a long day - atrueoriginall

I think they were probably taken from "pop culture" of the time to make a point. Nowhere in the Bible does it claim they were real.

I honestly don't know why you bother Ashley. The Bible may be read as a history, or a novel, but to get it's true meaning you need devine guidance. Something most people here will not strive for.

395999[/snapback]

She's right. It's sad but for the most part, they don't feel what we do. They don't have a clue because they won't take the first step and try.

bohemath and Lavaithan

I don't think they were animals at all. I believe they were creatures. Giants, so to speak. I'ld like to think they were ET. Doesn't sound like something I would say either, does it? My reasons are lofty and long. To tired.

Try to what? Believe that the bible's real and that dino's walked with man? Reguardless what scientifict evidance says? I know people say carbon dating lies, but there are a few other ways to tell now. And they all point to millions and millions of years ago.

We'll all know when it's our time, some things in the Bible are just none of our business. Hope you have a good night.

Honestly, I can almost bet dollars to brownies that the bohemath and Lavaithan were one of the many large prehistoric animals.

396001[/snapback]

Yes, but the Levithian breathed fire, and dwelt in the water. I've heard of that before too, but the only evidence there is of these giants is in dinosaur bones. The tallest human found was only 14ft.

Might I also add that Jesus Himself said that in the end, it will be like the time before Noah. Just something to think about. With all the DNA and cloning technology we now have available and will have in the future, it will be possible to bring them back, and one day, some idiot might actually do it. I knew it was possible even when I was a child before Jurassic Park came out (it came out just after, and my interest in dinosaurs seemed to be EVERYONE'S interest by the explosion of popularity in the movie) and that it could be done through the bones. And technically, with advancing technology, it will be possible to reconstruct entire DNA from bone fragments. Not all 'monsters' are evil, however, appearances can be decieving. For everything good, there's something 'bad', and vice versa. So the Behomoth, and Levithian may have been God's version of these creatures. Possibly. These giants however, were without judgement by God, until the flood, when they were wiped out, and then their spirits would become evil spirits on the Earth, thus becoming what is now termed 'demons'. This is the difference between a 'demon' and a fallen angel. The demon is the offspring.

I don't know why I bother either, it goes in one ear and out the other. However, no one knows what it's like in another's shoes, and these people may truely believe they are right (just like they seem to think those who believe in God are deluded...) but I act the way I do because that's the way they act. They just don't listen when you do it the nice way, and I have as much right as anyone else on here to bring forth my beliefs and any evidence thereof, especially when they continually demand it.

396001[/snapback]

Yes, but the Levithian breathed fire, and dwelt in the water. I've heard of that before too, but the only evidence there is of these giants is in dinosaur bones. The tallest human found was only 14ft.

396092[/snapback]

Dragons breathed fire to....

I thought I said dragon? It's possible it was a dragon. Just because satan was described as a dragon wouldn't necessarily mean ALL dragons, if they existed, were bad, for everything good, there's something bad...

To be honest, the leviathans and behemonths were just as likely to be whales and elephants...so what if the bible claims they breathed fire? tongue.gif Mythologies have been crediting mundane animals with supernatural powers for centuries, it doesn't mean they actually have them.

Local people who live among creatures often give them amazing powers, and when said creatures are actually found be scientists, low and behold, no such powers are evident....people have a tendancy to glorify (or demonise) what they don't fully understand...this sounds like the exact same thing to me.

Funny, it was GOD talking of this creature breathing fire. Care to contend?

Well, for one thing, I have no reason to believe in god whatsoever tongue.gif Second, you have no way to prove that your god wrote the text to which you're refering. The ancient greeks believed their legends and stories came from the gods, yet you don't believe them...why on earth should your mythology be correct?

Funny, it was GOD talking of this creature breathing fire. Care to contend?

396272[/snapback]

It's an amazing thing isn't it? The human imagination...

It's given us so much to believe in... write about.. worship... live for...

Ahh, here we go again *ROUND 2*, GET READY.

This implies a fight...I consider this more like a lecture. You babble, we correct. You're a very unrully pupil however, and refuse to take in anything during class huh.gif

I never knew human imagination could wipe out cities and cause global floods. Wow, that's some mind power there.

Ahh, here we go again *ROUND 2*, GET READY.

This implies a fight...I consider this more like a lecture. You babble, we correct. You're a very unrully pupil however, and refuse to take in anything during class huh.gif

396289[/snapback]

No sweetie, you babble, I correct.

I don't know about that...the human imagination invented the atom bomb, which can quite easily wipe out cities...

In any event, there is no proof whatsoever that either a global flood occured, or that any city was thus obliterated. Certainly, floods would have occured in the past, and cities would have been destroyed by invading armies or natural disasters, but no evidence exists to support the intervention of any mythical being such as your god.

If you say so...however, if I was to take your corrections to heart, I would probably come off as a real idiot huh.gif

Edited by Shadowsleet

I don't know about that...the human imagination invented the atom bomb, which can quite easily wipe out cities...

In any event, there is no proof whatsoever that either a global flood occured, or that any city was thus obliterated. Certainly, floods would have occured in the past, and cities would have been destroyed by invading armies or natural disasters, but no evidence exists to support the intervention of any mythical being such as your god.

If you say so...however, if I was to take your corrections to heart, I would probably come off as a real idiot huh.gif

396295[/snapback]

LOL, I think I just like the last part of that sentence. whistling2.gif

Perhaps my sarcasm it too subtle for your 210 IQ mind...however, we digress.

You neglected to answer the question. Why should your mythology be taken as bother literal, and correct, when you so happily dismiss the mythology of other cultures, which have managed to provide just as much evidence for their stories as yours (aka: none).

I never knew human imagination could wipe out cities and cause global floods. Wow, that's some mind power there.

396290[/snapback]

Nature can though. The human imagination can add a reason over "because that's how nature works" Sides, there really isn't much of a proof that the entire world was flooded. People then only knew one tiny section of the world. If the bit of lake or ocean they only know of swell and flood up.. they think the whole world has.

We already know that nature can whipe out whole cities at the blink of an eye. Pompii comes to mind. People thought one of the gods was a bit p***ed...