Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Seal Team 6 book and the Sixth Sense

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

I just started reading Seal Team Six. The author says US Navy Seals are trained NOT to look directly at their target until ready to shoot them. This is because unlike animals, humans have a sixth sense that means they may pick up the sniper!

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Interesting .Cats don't look you directly in the eye either,unless they are very tame,as direct eye contact means they are challenging to a fight .

Miss me?

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

I imagine that it also keeps the shooter from considering for long on the humanity of a target.  Even deadly enemies are apt to invoke pity.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,791 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostChooky88, on 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

I just started reading Seal Team Six. The author says US Navy Seals are trained NOT to look directly at their target until ready to shoot them. This is because unlike animals, humans have a sixth sense that means they may pick up the sniper!

There are other legitimate reasons.

If I set up a quarter mile from you with a sniper rifle, you'd never know what hit you whether I looked at you or not.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#5    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 December 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

There are other legitimate reasons.

If I set up a quarter mile from you with a sniper rifle, you'd never know what hit you whether I looked at you or not.
I'm sure I wouldn't but what are the other reasons? I ask because I hunt. (feral goats and Foxes mostly)

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostChooky88, on 06 December 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Animals have it to. I am a bow hunter and you must not look at the animal while stalking it. Rupart sheldrake has done impressive research on this.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#7    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

This is interesting - any more information on this 'don't look at your target' stuff?  (human or animal)

#8    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostPaxus, on 10 December 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

This is interesting - any more information on this 'don't look at your target' stuff?  (human or animal)
Native Americans knew it aswell. I learned it studying native American bow hunting techniques even experimented with it in the field.

Sheldrake has done research on this.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#9    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

You get you target. Line up your shot. A wait for the right moment to put the trigger. You don't look at your target as human. You think of it just being a target nothing more. That book doesn't tell you everything a SEAL Team 6.
SEALTeam 6 is the beat of the best. You don't get assigned to SEAL Team 6. You have to try out of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users