Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1000m tall tower to be built in China

Ashyne

Artist's Concept:

PhoenixTowers-Chetwoods-Architects-1.jpg

The Phoenix Towers are a pair of linked towers at a height of 1000 meters to be built in Wuhan, China, starting this year. Construction will take 3 years, ending in 2018. Once completed, it will be the tallest man-made structure on Earth. The architecture is designed to reflect a celestial, futuristic theme with suspended spheres connected by skywalks between the towers serving as shopping and recreational spaces with restaurants as well.

The Phoenix Towers will also serve as an energy-generator, recycler and converter and built with materials never before used in construction. The structure is pink to reflect the color of the sunset in the area. The Towers will house solar panels, biomass boilers, water catchment and recycling facilities as well as a massive kaleidoscope powered by wind turbines.

http://en.wikipedia...._Towers_(China)

PhoenixTowers-Chetwoods-Architects-2.jpg

Edited by Ashyne
  • Like 4

Pretty spectacular looking.

There are a few spectacular buildings there, its an architects paradise.

• Like 2

cool.

the world's turning into manga.

hope i live long enough to see it....

• Like 4

cool.

Best they keep it over there, I do not mind seeing the pics, but....NIMBY.

cool.

Hmmm....but don't stand too close whilst you're admiring it.....

http://www.telegraph...g-collapse.html

• Like 2

Hmmm....but don't stand too close whilst you're admiring it.....

http://www.telegraph...g-collapse.html

While we were in Beijing in 2000 a shopping mall (if I remember correctly) collapsed because it was being built atop an existing building that wasn't engineered for the extra forces. To their credit, the government was very quick to come down on the builder for the mistake. I learned that A - I didn't want to go to a mall there and B - It isn't safe to be a builder in China unless you are a VERY good one! :w00t:
  • Like 2

While we were in Beijing in 2000 a shopping mall (if I remember correctly) collapsed because it was being built atop an existing building that wasn't engineered for the extra forces. To their credit, the government was very quick to come down on the builder for the mistake. I learned that A - I didn't want to go to a mall there and B - It isn't safe to be a builder in China unless you are a VERY good one! :w00t:

Yeah, let's assume that builder is no longer with us...lol

• Like 1

I wonder about the artist rendition..... where's the smog?

• Like 3

It looks very beautiful and resembles fine crystal.

Yes, architecture can be a very beautiful form of art. But sadly, most modern buildings are blocky, angular, horribly ugly with dull colors and are clones of each other.

• Like 2

Why do you think they need a 1000 meter tower?

• Like 1

I had a Chinese friend who lived in Wuhan. Back when msn Messenger was popular. Whatever happened to that stuff?

• Like 1

I had a Chinese friend who lived in Wuhan. Back when msn Messenger was popular. Whatever happened to that stuff?

It is still there, but only a few Geeks and Microsoft employees use it.

When we were there in December of 2000 it was terrible. I have never dealt with it before in any place I've called home but this stuff was acrid... burned the eyes and nose - awful. Edited by and then

So, China has decided to build the secrete base/hide out/layer of Sailor Moon. Excellent.