Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Ancient Aliens

aliens ancient

• Please log in to reply
1867 replies to this topic

#61    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 3,620 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

One of my favorite things with EVD is his claims of the Great Zimbabwe ruins. When I visited the ruins I really enjoyed seeing the constructions, but it was quite clear that they were not built with tools other than stone tools.

#62    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Poststereologist, on 05 September 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

One of my favorite things with EVD is his claims of the Great Zimbabwe ruins. When I visited the ruins I really enjoyed seeing the constructions, but it was quite clear that they were not built with tools other than stone tools.

Indeed, which I think is even more fascinating that alien stonemasons (a preposterous notion to begin with) any day.

Off topic but it's a bit odd to me that I never appreciated human history until I had some of my own (an age reference :P )

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#63    Gomar

Gomar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Well, if aliens did visit Earth hundreds of years ago, then why not now?  Why arent they coming back, or colonizing, mining, settling the planet?
If 1 alien species got tired of Earth, and assuming there are 50-500 alien species in the galaxy, where is everyone else?  Ok, so a few are peaceful and dont want to interfere with Earth's progress or history; but have all species agreed to quarantine or keep off Earth?

I do not think there were AAs because no ancient structures were made of diamonds, gold, metal, but only stone and wood.

#64    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Apologies for opening this thread.  Did not realize it was a touchy subject.

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#65    Rongit

Rongit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

I believe there are aliens, its a very big universe. And found couple of interesting sites in  internet about archeoligal
finding. It surprise me that there are sculpture in space suit found in south america, a 'hammer' found in rusia and its
very old, before human exist, and the composition is made from pure iron and its rust free, imagine that.
And there is this 'crystal skull' found also in south america wich cant be made with recent technology. And many more.
Well this what i can post for now, nice knowing that are people with the same interest.

#66    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 195 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostMaureen_jacobs, on 14 September 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Apologies for opening this thread.  Did not realize it was a touchy subject.

I wouldn't say it's a "touchy" subject per say, more opinionated really. No one is getting offended by it as far as I've seen.

#67    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 3,620 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostRongit, on 14 September 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

I believe there are aliens, its a very big universe. And found couple of interesting sites in  internet about archeoligal
finding. It surprise me that there are sculpture in space suit found in south america, a 'hammer' found in rusia and its
very old, before human exist, and the composition is made from pure iron and its rust free, imagine that.
And there is this 'crystal skull' found also in south america wich cant be made with recent technology. And many more.
Well this what i can post for now, nice knowing that are people with the same interest.

The idea that there are sculptures in South America of space suits is old. It probably is older than the claims of Von Daniken, but it isn't true. There are lots of claims of ancient hammers. The llano hammer comes to mind. The dating of the llano hammer is claimed by young earth creationists to be billions of years old due tot he rock it is in. Actually, the rock is in an arkose which is old pieces of rock recently cemented together. The crystal skulls were made in Germany and claimed later on to be from Central America. The quartz, which is the crystal, has been traced back to European mines.

Yes, you've been subjected to scam sites. At least you can say that the sites wetted your interest in many things that you can learn about - learn the correct stories because it is fascinating.

#68    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,338 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Welcome to UM, Rongit. :tu:

In addition to Stereologist's wise counsel, I would agree that the possibility for alien lifeforms exists. I stress "possibility" because certain things must be carefully considered. For instance, what exactly does "alien" mean? Is it a sentient life form possessing advanced technology to travel the cosmos, or is it something akin to a bacterium floating in the muck of some distant planet?

Science has yet to prove definitively the existence of either. All remains at best theoretical. In the harsh light of day, however, there is no conclusive proof of any sort that aliens traveled to our little blue world in the distant past and helped to influence ancient civilizations. Half-baked websites and idiotic TV programs like Ancient Aliens are going to dispense sci-fi whimsy, not scientific or historical fact.

I agree with Stereologist: now that you've built an interest, shut down your web browser and turn to vetted, peer-reviewed research. The answers are there, and they don't come from the stars.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#69    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Im currently watching it.. i love the guy who looks like he uses too much hair gel. Its fascinating seeing similarities, i offer no better explanation for some of theirs theories however others are just mind boggling stupid. still if they get paid to say these things for the world to see, must be a good pay. Makes me want to travel, id love to see the rock that was supposedly a portal to another realm-where you can stand in, i cant remember if that was Peru or Mexico?

#70    Skithia

Skithia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I love how they go on about Mohenjo Daro. They admit that for a city built and lived in almost 4000 years ago it was amazing, a possible population of 35000 or so obvious city planning shown by the rectilinear streets and houses with individual sanitation facilities - built by the people of the day. Then they ruin it all by saying it was a nuclear weapon that must have destroyed it and since we didnt have them then - it must have been aliens. Ancient peoples had the same smarts and imagination we do just hadnt got round to figuring out some of the technologies we have - that all took time - specially the ones we had to figure out a few times as the knowledge was seen as secret for a multitude of stupid reasons. Its annoying that the AA theorists make out our ancestors had to be stupid and unimaginitive just because they werent sitting at computers way back when.

#71    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

Considering not just some, but most of the show is BS, i stopped watching it after season 2. And up until then, I really did believe in ancient aliens, but I have the blessing and the curse of having a very open but also very skeptical mind and changed my beliefs after they where proven to be false. Some of it is still convincing and makes me wonder, its possible, but most of the show is BS. Everyone who watches it should watch this:

And... LOL
Posted Image

Edited by AlienDan, 16 September 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#72    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,988 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

It surprise me that there are sculpture in space suit found in south america,

watch the first 2 mins to see your ancient space suits. DO WATCH!!

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#73    Maars

Maars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostAlienDan, on 16 September 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

And... LOL
Posted Image

This is so good...........I nearly pee'd my self after this posting :lol:

#74    Rongit

Rongit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postseeder, on 16 September 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

watch the first 2 mins to see your ancient space suits. DO WATCH!!

is that all you got ?

#75    Rongit

Rongit

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostMythical Legend, on 14 September 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

I wouldn't say it's a "touchy" subject per say, more opinionated really. No one is getting offended by it as far as I've seen.
is that all you got?

Also tagged with aliens, ancient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users