Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Regenerative medicine not far fetched

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,117 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

I once came across a scientist heading to Los Alamos for new employment. He said that if we can dream up something, we now have the ability, scientifically, to bring that dream about. He indicated that our science is that strong. While this also applies to regenerative medicine, we went on to talk about teleportation and time travel. It was a nice hour-long converstaion with a handsome, smart young man (I was young too). Time well spent.

I am invested in stem cell companies and in immunotherapy. I like to read about this type of thing. Thank you for bringing it up. I think it is around the corner.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#17    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

View PostParacelse, on 26 July 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Reptilians never fought Spiderman!!! Or did I miss another episode?

Oh no.
It's a well known fact around here that I'm a semi immortal reptilian overlord that has drank from the holy grail.

Being slightly insane is great. :D

#18    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 26 July 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

I once came across a scientist heading to Los Alamos for new employment. He said that if we can dream up something, we now have the ability, scientifically, to bring that dream about. He indicated that our science is that strong. While this also applies to regenerative medicine, we went on to talk about teleportation and time travel. It was a nice hour-long converstaion with a handsome, smart young man (I was young too). Time well spent.

I am invested in stem cell companies and in immunotherapy. I like to read about this type of thing. Thank you for bringing it up. I think it is around the corner.
You're welcome I do think science could go real far if we did put our minds to it.

View PostKing Fluffs, on 26 July 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Oh no.
It's a well known fact around here that I'm a semi immortal reptilian overlord that has drank from the holy grail.

Being slightly insane is great. :D

Somehow slightly is not a word that I would have used :P :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#19    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostMr big pinach, on 26 July 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

There has been a scientist who was doing auto immunity test on mice, and they pricked little holes in their ears to identify them, the scientist noticed that the wholes had regrown, wich shouldn't have been possible he then experimented further with the mice and managed to make them regrow their tails/fingers

Interesting!  Any link?

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#20    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

cant u put like salamander cells where u need to regrow yur body part and the cells will make yur body part grow back?

#21    EBEMothman

EBEMothman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

what about stem cells?

#22    SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

• !! NO SPECIES LASTS FOREVER !!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

It will be great if they can make it. So useful..

- Signature removed, exceeds size limit -

#23    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostParacelse, on 25 July 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

more here

In the latest Spiderman movie, which I haven't seen, the bad guys had developed regenerative medicine, today scientists are saying it's not so far fetched.

Hornesis shock - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

Small amounts of stressors applied to the body can produce a much larger biological response. If the biological response relates to your bodies repair mechanisms then because the effect is larger than the damage received you gain.

Small doses of radiation far below the levels needed to cause medical problems trigger your cell repair mechanisms system wide. This causes a regeneration effect extending lifespan by up to 20% - http://en.wikipedia....iation_hormesis

The occasional roasting hot bath (hot water shock) and freezing cold shower (cold water shock) do the same. Alternative days of starvation do it too so long as the eating day has plenty of nutrition. The occasional moderate dehydration does it too as does missing the occasional nights sleep. Small amounts of toxin also do it.

Essentialy your body over repairs.

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 04 August 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#24    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for all those links, too bad it's too late for me

République No.6

#25    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostParacelse, on 04 August 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Thanks for all those links, too bad it's too late for me

I'm not so sure it is too late.

The trick is to lower the metabolism and induce hormesis shock. If you are 50 now I dont see why you cant get another 300 years. Sounds nuts but here we go -

Hormesis shock to upregulate your repair mehanisms -
1. Hot bath one day and an ice cold shower the next.
2. Consume small diluted doses of toxin such as having a cigeratte once a month.
3. Miss a nights sleep every week
4. Recovering from short periods of starvation or fasting
5. Have a small drink of alcohol every few days
6. Start the day with a cup of coffee but only have 1 per day
7. Lots of fruit
8. Short periods of intense exercise (30 mins every other day)

These reduce your metabolism
1. Moderate dehydration
2. Keeping yourself warm so you lose less heat but not hot so you sweat.
3. Lack of sleep
4. Alternate days of starvation with enough nutrition on the eating day for both days.
5. Periods of inactivity
6. Lack of sunlight

The trick is to combine both lots.

I'm also going to add the hormones used to up regulate your repair mechanisms are excreted in your urine. I cant see you drinking it though to make the effect last longer lol

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 04 August 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#26    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

A piece of my ulna has been surgically removed and replaced by piece of titanium

République No.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users