Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Jesus Returned, Would he be believed?

Heat

If Jesus did indeed return, would he be seen as authentic? Or dismissed as a fake simply because today's society is so paranoid and dillusional?

Currently there are thousands of people claiming to be Jesus. Who's to say he hasn't already been reborn but we aren't aware of it?

I'm not christian, but I find this idea intriguing.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hyuugaNeji

• M.A.D CapeBretoner

• Jodie.Lynne

• Heebrow

IF it happened, I'm only saying if, we would never accept it right away. The world has become far to skeptical, the general public would never accept the return of Jesus, not to mention the various religions that dont even recognize Jesus as the messiah.

The bible says that there will be many false savious...so everyone may think that the authentic one to be the false one.

If Jesus did indeed return, would he be seen as authentic? Or dismissed as a fake simply because today's society is so paranoid and dillusional?

Currently there are thousands of people claiming to be Jesus. Who's to say he hasn't already been reborn but we aren't aware of it?

yes and no. Have you ever heard about the mark of the beast. Well if so you know where i'm going with this then. The population of people that would know the real christ from the antichrist is very few. Unfortunatetly, thanks to our society. We will never know the truth until it smacks us in the face like a ton of bricks flying through the air. But by then it would be to late. The damage would already have been done. A lot of people would have already been killed by the antichrist or injured by the antichrist. When the real christ comes back to save us all from the antichrist. There would already be damage and sadness across the wole planet Earth. And the very few who knew that the first christ who came was actually the antichrist. Would be the only few left. That's my take on the whole thing. Oh, how I know I can only wish the world was a better place to live in.

If you want to know more about this. Read revelations in the bible. That should beable to shed some light on the subject for you. If not more. Hope that helped and good luck with your studies.

Edited by McKenna

The funny thing is, if he did return, but not in the way that people expect him to, his own followers would be the first to denounce him.

Revelations has been mentioned. Now, if Jesus DID return, but did not "rapture away" the faithful; did not lead an "army of angels"; did not strike down the sinners- but returned and tried to relate his message (again), the fervant christians would be the first to yell "string him up"

Kind of funny the way history repeats itself........

*sighs* coming through.

Alright, Jesus will indeed be recognized be every being on the planet. Revelations is an encoded message sent to only people who could decode it (christians). It was a message of hope for christians being persecuted by the romans, NOT PROPHECY. It is all symbolism. So everybody quit worrying and smile ^_^ *cocks shotgun* .

*If* he returned,someone like James Randi would probably do his best to prove that he's a fraud.

Of course,that's assuming that he actually exists/existed.

The funny thing is, if he did return, but not in the way that people expect him to, his own followers would be the first to denounce him.

Revelations has been mentioned. Now, if Jesus DID return, but did not "rapture away" the faithful; did not lead an "army of angels"; did not strike down the sinners- but returned and tried to relate his message (again), the fervant christians would be the first to yell "string him up"

Kind of funny the way history repeats itself........

Point taken and agreed, JM. Though you may be surprised that beyond the borders of the U.S, the "rapture" is not strictly a widely held belief (at least, it's not in Australia, as far as I am aware).

Might make a good episode of Outer Limits. I don't think they would string him up they would institutionalize him along all the other Jesus's. Unless he had a good PR man.

Point taken and agreed, JM. Though you may be surprised that beyond the borders of the U.S, the "rapture" is not strictly a widely held belief (at least, it's not in Australia, as far as I am aware).

Oh, I realize that the "rapture" is mostly anticipated by Americans, but what if Jesus 2nd coming was different from what people expect? I know I'm going to get a slew of "false messiah" posts, but that is exactly my point.

The Jews of Jesus' time rejected him BECAUSE he wasn't the messiah they were waiting for. Or, I should say, he wasn't the right TYPE of messiah. They were awaiting someone who would unite their people and overthrow their oppressors; NOT someone who was telling them they were worshipping wrong.

Most ( please note I said "most") christians seem to be awaiting a Jesus who will usher in the kingdom of god, but what if.......

What if Jesus came back to say that the religion organized in his name was 'OK', but not perfect?

What if he came back to say: "All of the religions of the world, ALL of them, have merit and ALL of them complete the picture I was trying to paint. "

What if he came back, and spoke plainly, without parable, without riddle, and explained exactly what he was saying the first time round?

I had asked this some time ago, on this thread:

Another "what if.....?"

Edited by JMPD1

If an atheists say Jesus will be standing on the corner at 12:00, or if a holy roller says the same. Or any evangilist no one will pay any attention. But if Pope Benedict says come see Jesus at 12:00 you can bet some athestists will show up.

the pope would never ever say come and see ,here is jesus .

he would have to give up the power of , and that will show his true self.

B)-->

QUOTE(les b @ Dec 21 2006, 09:26 AM) 1470136[/snapback]
If an atheists say Jesus will be standing on the corner at 12:00, or if a holy roller says the same. Or any evangilist no one will pay any attention. But if Pope Benedict says come see Jesus at 12:00 you can bet some athestists will show up.

Lol nice one.

I bet if Jesus returned, he would be pretty p***ed off at all the christians worshiping him and creating idols of him. I would imagine he would go into churches and start destroying the idol, crosses and stuff.

Revelations 22:8

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!"

dont worship he who bringeth good news, Worship God! ^.^

thats the thing ,those that do will know and those that don't, well will find out the hard way.

thats the thing ,those that do will know and those that don't, well will find out the hard way.

I could just hear millions of people all over the world see him pull off some incredible miricle and having half the crowd say "Hey, great trick...he should take it to vegas and make some dough...", and the other half scream "FAKE!" and talk about how much better Chriss Angel is....

IF it were to happen the guy would have his hands full trying to prove himself, he would have to be pulling off miricles 24/7 to get believers. People are skepticle about such things. 2 millennia ago you could have pulled a coin out behind your nephews ear like every uncle has done at some point and been considered a prophet. Those days are long gone for a vast majority of people. Don't get me wrong, there are still folks that set up a church in their living room when their burned toast looks like the virgin mary, but that is few and far between in the western world.

Don't get me wrong, there are still folks that set up a church in their living room when their burned toast looks like the virgin mary, but that is few and far between in the western world.

Lol, nice touch with that last bit. Although i disagree, there are people out there who just want to believe. Give them cause and they will. If the antichrist ever does come, 90% of christians will think hes jesus returned, hell be performing great miracles ect. and since people have been so conditioned to believe that a man can be God, they will believe it. Christians and any other faith that teaches or alludes to 1 man being able to be a God, worthy or worship.

Lol, nice touch with that last bit. Although i disagree, there are people out there who just want to believe. Give them cause and they will. If the antichrist ever does come, 90% of christians will think hes jesus returned, hell be performing great miracles ect. and since people have been so conditioned to believe that a man can be God, they will believe it. Christians and any other faith that teaches or alludes to 1 man being able to be a God, worthy or worship.

Hi all. It's good to be back. I just got a new computer. I have been incommunicado (think I spelled that right) since the middle of August (a nice little apartment fire greeted me in my brand new digs). Seems a bird built a nest in my exhaust vent. Subsequently, a short in the exhaust fan caused that nest (they're apparently highly flammable) and covered my new home in smoke damage and soot. I just finally got my computer fixed and back in the last couple days (I am home for break, and my computer is actually in the shop again, as something is wrong with the DVD burner).

To respond, I will cop out and quote Edward R. Murrow: "If we were to do the Second Coming of Christ in color for a full hour, there would be a considerable number of stations which would decline to carry it on the grounds that a Western or a quiz show would be more profitable." Substitute that for Survivor, Deal or No Deal, CSI, or one of their fine spinoffs, and you have a 21st century update to that quote.

well it's not if he were to simply return.............but the manner in which he did...u would have no choice but to believe........every eye shall behold him

well it's not if he were to simply return.............but the manner in which he did...u would have no choice but to believe........every eye shall behold him

Doesn't necessarily mean your physical eyes dude. It's probably the third eye of intuition or the dreamstate they're talking about.

Chances are he won't be recognized while alive by most people anyhow. At least, I hope not. It would be better if he stayed hidden or ignorant of his role - for both his sake and ours. Work performed underground can still get done. Besides, if a teachers raises us to become like him, then there are no more followers, just equals. Far better mission IMO.

In the age of Aquarius, who even really gives a sh** anymore anyhow? We want to understand more than be lead as far as I know.

Edited by UniversalOverride

Iz u serius If he is coming from the clouds how will u not see him with ur own 2 eyes?

when jesus was with the multitude of 500 believers who same him ascend they saw with their own 2 eyes

how about you read the bible for urself and then coe back and tell me if it's talking about third of w/e

ain't gon be no dreamstate...iz u serious it's going to be real

ain't gon be no dreamstate...iz u serious it's going to be real

Maybe it will maybe it won't. Maybe another two thousand years will pass without his presence.

When he returns do you not think he will die the same way?

wat iz u sayin ^^^ he's not coming back to die

maybe he isn't coming back at all.....

I'd mention the fact that he stated he would return "before this generation ends.....", but then someone would propose that "generation" meant something other than "generation".

Main Entry: gen·er·a·tion

Pronunciation: "je-n&-'rA-sh&n

Function: noun

1 a : a body of living beings constituting a single step in the line of descent from an ancestor b : a group of individuals born and living contemporaneously c : a group of individuals having contemporaneously a status (as that of students in a school) which each one holds only for a limited period d : a type or class of objects usually developed from an earlier type <first of the...new generation of powerful supersonic fighters -- Kenneth Koyen>

2 a : the action or process of producing offspring : PROCREATION b : the process of coming or bringing into being <generation of income> c : origination by a generating process : PRODUCTION; especially : formation of a geometric figure by motion of another

3 : the average span of time between the birth of parents and that of their offspring