Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

CIA director David Petraeus resigns

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,086 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostThe Sky Scanner, on 10 November 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Agreed, it's a private matter between him and his wife, it has nothing to do with his job or anyone else.

It's funny how the public often regards people who hold high positions as being detached from the people they serve, out of touch, yet when they make the same mistakes that everyday people make then that's not good enough, time to go....what a weird world we live in.

View Postlightly, on 10 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

I don't see how his cheating has anything whatsoever to do with his professional positions. That said,  i don't trust him professionally and  i hope he's done.
Fior the director of the Central Intelligence Agency to be behaving in a Duplicitous fashion that might, for example, lay him open to threats of Blackmail & so on, should surely be grounds for some dubiety? Not, obviosuly,t hat Spy Chiefs should be morally unimpeachable, but it's the sceuirty, not just the Moral, angle.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#17    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Post747400, on 10 November 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Fior the director of the Central Intelligence Agency to be behaving in a Duplicitous fashion that might, for example, lay him open to threats of Blackmail & so on, should surely be grounds for some dubiety? Not, obviosuly,t hat Spy Chiefs should be morally unimpeachable, but it's the sceuirty, not just the Moral, angle.

In the dirty world of politics, I would be very surprised if he hadn't already been blackmailed.

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,549 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

An appropriate end to the political career of David Betrayus.

#19    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 10 November 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

An appropriate end to the political career of David Betrayus.

Or just the beginning. Remember Kennedy, Clinton, Gingrich, John Ensign, Bob Barr (Mr. Impeach Clinton)and ALL the others?

Edited by Mr. Smith, 10 November 2012 - 05:38 PM.

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:05 AM

The newest Conspiricy Theory I've heard is that Petraeus was forced to quit, because he was going to Congress next week to testify about the whole Libya Ambassador murder thing and 9-11 attack. Supposedly he was going to lay it all out Straight, and name names and give testimony about who know what when. Maybe tossing Obama under the bus at the same time. And thus he was forced to quit. Supposedly the  FBI had the info on him and his affair as long as a year ago.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 09 November 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20276610

"He described his behaviour as "unacceptable" for the leader of the nation's main intelligence agency."

Indeed. If he can't keep an affair secret, what hope is there for the nation's secrets :D

Bill Clinton SHOULD have resigned.  He lied to everybody when he said on live primetime tv,  'that I did not have sexual relations' when in fact he did but manipulated the wording.  After that he can never be trusted.  Same with his wife Hillary for standing by him all these years.... it speaks volumes about her inner personality.  She looks like a witch these days.  I digress...

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#22    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,086 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

View Postacidhead, on 13 November 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Bill Clinton SHOULD have resigned.  He lied to everybody when he said on live primetime tv,  'that I did not have sexual relations' when in fact he did but manipulated the wording.  After that he can never be trusted.  Same with his wife Hillary for standing by him all these years.... it speaks volumes about her inner personality.  She looks like a witch these days.  I digress...
yes, but Moral questions are a different matter from matters of security, which was the question with mr. P. It doesn't matter whether a President was engaged in extra-marital nookie, since he wouldn't know anything worthwhile that he might be open to blackmail over.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,967 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

View Post747400, on 13 November 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

yes, but Moral questions are a different matter from matters of security, which was the question with mr. P. It doesn't matter whether a President was engaged in extra-marital nookie, since he wouldn't know anything worthwhile that he might be open to blackmail over.
You've said a lot of mind numbed crap since I've been here but this has GOT to be the silliest.  The prez only has access to every thing

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#24    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,086 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

View Postand then, on 15 November 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

You've said a lot of mind numbed crap since I've been here but this has GOT to be the silliest.  The prez only has access to every thing
I really don't know why you have to come out with this kind of silly provocation, but you really think that it's possible for the president to know all the information that the various departments and organisations deal with? Whatever the constitution may say, you really think that it isn't in all the many departments and organisations that the real decisions are made, and the pres is only let in on what he needs to know for his position of, effectively, Chairman? Surely it must be obvious that the sheer amount of data the CIA handle would make it quite impossible for the President to know everything?  You don't think Govts. work on the same need to know basis as any other organisation? heavens, if the President really know everything, he'd be absolutely swamped with information. it just wouldn't be possible.

Edited by 747400, 15 November 2012 - 08:23 AM.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#25    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,586 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

ok im a little lost... So how does JIll Kelley fit in?? with her twin sister?? Petreaus mistress sent emails to Jill Kelley, for what reason?? and why did Gen Allen send innapropriate emailes to Jill Kelley?? And lastly, how does the twin sister Natalie fit into this whole scandal?? Lol someone please help me.. haha ive read numerous articles yet im still confused on whats going on. I know Petreaus had a affair with Paula Broadwell.. but the Kelley TWINS and Gen ALLEN and how they are all involved is beyond me.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#26    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:17 AM

One gigantic circle jerk... that's all the american federal GOV is.  They screw with you, they screw with other nation's sovereignty and they screw each other.  And people defend this immoral behavior as though it's normal.  I've got news for you.... it's not normal behavior.  People who steal other peoples money, bomb sovereign nations and commit adultery are abnormal.  The culture of media has brainwashed the so-called 'normal' person into believing that abnormalism is the new norm.

'there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion'

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#27    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 10 November 2012 - 03:42 AM, said:

The FBI has known about this affair for a while. This resignation is very likely due to the Benghazi fiasco. It was, after all, largely a CIA run operation over there. Some would argue that it almost cost President Obama the election.

A conspiracy theorist might even suggest that they have a political agenda. I wouldn't know, but I do know that the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court should not, even in his wildest imagination, fear a spy agency.

If I were advising President Obama, I would suggest that his pick to replace General Petraeus, have the faith of a mustard seed, because spy agencies will be of little help to my country for what lies ahead. When the mountains are moved, the man he selects must fully understand why, and know that the solution is not, to attack Iran.

View PostDieChecker, on 11 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

The newest Conspiricy Theory I've heard is that Petraeus was forced to quit, because he was going to Congress next week to testify about the whole Libya Ambassador murder thing and 9-11 attack. Supposedly he was going to lay it all out Straight, and name names and give testimony about who know what when. Maybe tossing Obama under the bus at the same time. And thus he was forced to quit. Supposedly the  FBI had the info on him and his affair as long as a year ago.
Here is an article by Judge Napolitano backing up the above posts.

Judge Napolitano on FBI: ‘If they can do this to David Petraeus, they can do this to anybody’

The FBI appears to have wrongfully treated a simple domestic dispute like a national security or criminal matter.
“David Petraeus didn’t betray his country,” Napolitano said in a phone interview. “He betrayed his wife. Big deal.”

Napolitano said the federal investigation was “the use of law enforcement either for a personal vendetta that [Tampa military liaison Jill] Kelley pushed through her FBI agent connection, or a political vendetta – somebody wanting to silence, by embarrassing, humiliating and destroying the credibility of Petraeus.”

This was instigated, apparently, by the Kelley woman, and her friend in the FBI. That is an inappropriate means to commence an investigation by the FBI.”

Napolitano, who is a former New Jersey Superior Court judge, said federal agents, like members of the judiciary, are typically prohibited from working on cases that present a conflict of interest.

“In order for the FBI to read your emails, my emails, Tucker Carlson’s emails – they need a search warrant,” Napolitano told TheDC. “They can only get a search warrant in one of two ways under the current law: They could go to a federal judge and demonstrate probable cause of crime – meaning that [they have evidence] Petraeus probably committed a crime, or in my hypothetical [they have evidence] Tucker Carlson, you or me [committed a crime]. That’s hardly the case here. Or, under the [USA] Patriot Act, they could write their own search warrant if they satisfy themselves – a dubious and unconstitutional standard, but that’s the law no less: if they satisfy themselves that terrorist activity was afoot, [which is] also an irrelevant and absurd consideration here. So that means I don’t how they could have gotten a search warrant.”

“The third way they could have gotten his emails is without a search warrant by hacking into the CIA’s computers, in which case they [would have] violated criminal law themselves,” Napolitano added. “They’ve done it before – they’re probably doing it as we speak – but this would be a public violation of criminal law by the agents that did [if that’s the case].”

Napolitano said he suspects the reason the FBI, Justice Department and White House may have undertaken these actions against Petraeus is that he “obviously knew what happened in Benghazi.”

Much more to the story here

#28    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Some people in this country are held to higher codes of conduct and standards.Id Petraeus still bound by the UCMJ? Article 134 in particular?

God is neither a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or any other 'self ordained' entity.
We hold these truths to be self-evident.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,694 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 11 November 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Well Petraeus testified before Congress and said it was Al Quida and we knew it was Al Quida. Not sure if that is a smack to the back of the head for Obama or not.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users