Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts of Commack, Long Island

Darkening_Fate

Hey all, i'm new here and i was threatened i mean, asked to join so i did. I have a nice little story for you all. I live in Commack New York, in a neighborhood that used to be all farmland. Also, where my friend lives, used to be a Family Graveyard for the owners of the farm. Well, ever since i moved here 2 years ago, i've been feeling/seeing things on my way home from her house at night. One time i was walking down the street, now mind tyou, no matter what time of day or what the weather is, this road is ALWAYS foggy or hazy, and as i'm walking i notice this strange shape at the end of the road kind alike a sitting teenager, as i got closer it just dissappeared into the mist, i never saw it again. Also when walking down the road you feel like someon is walking next to you holding your shoulder, it's really creepy, one time i SWEAR someone was breathing down my neck, i heard it right behind me. Also, this old house that caught fire, had a old lady die in it, everytime you pas sthe lot, you hear the gravel as if someone were pacing. I'll have more stories and pictures later on as i grow accustmoed to this fine site. Thanks all for listening/reading.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darkening_Fate

• The Krow

• NickFun

• Chauncy

from what you've told me in class, this sounds serious. It gave me the chills when you spoke of your experiences...However, I have never really experienced what you are talking about...so, heres what to do...Invite me over, and we'll go around with a camera and such, and I'll upload the pictures and maybe a video, and I'll post a link to is on here...

um...as for help...I got nothing...stick around and someone will figure it out...

oh, and welcome to the forums thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like an interesting neighbourhood. You should carry a digital camera with you at all times while walking, so we can look at some juicy pictures:)

Could be that the mental activity from long ago is still lingering in the air. Could be that your more in tune with it then others. Maybe do some asking around to see who else in your area has had experiences in that area.

I read once that the Commack Multiplex theater is haunted as well, how close are you to this theater?

I read once that the Commack Multiplex theater is haunted as well

Is it really???

wow, thats news to me...I've never heard that...I should check that out...

cool sites, thanks

4.    King's Park Psychiatric Center, King's Park - Located on the north-central shore of Long Island of the Sunken Meadow Parkway, with parts of the original hospital buildings belonging to the state park.  It is said to be haunted by many mentally ill souls that died there from torture.  The Center completely closed in 1996.

I went there late at night like 2 months ago...it is a scary place...you have an overwhelming feeling that you are being watched...

Guest Lottie

Mist and fog have a habit of playing tricks with peoples vision. Also walking along a misty street can make me feel at least a little claustrophobic. Maybe this is what happens to you...

Hmm that sounds like a scary place to live..

I have never really experienced that much fog or mist, but like Lottie said, it often makes you feel like there's other forces at hand even when there's not

But then again i'm incredibly skeptic..

Good thread though thumbsup.gif

There is a theater in Brookline, MA that is quite haunted. A friend on mine was doing a Dickens play at the Puppet Showcase Theater. Of course, all the actors were dressed in 19th century garb. One of the actresses was backstage in the dressing room when she became aware of a man also sporting 19th century garb standing in the corner. At first she didn't beleive her eyes so she turned away but when she looked back the gent was still there! As she approached within 3 feet of him he vanished! Also, the director of the play saw the same man several times in the balcony of the theater. When I saw the show I could even feel the presence of the man. Very strange things do happen!

i live like, not even half a mile from the theater, it's really creepy, especially when walking down the ha;llways alone, it's too quiet. ANd no, i'm not claustrophobic i beat that fear a while ago....the hious eburned down last march? I think.....i dunno i def hear/see stuff. Yea Krow, that'd be a good idea, one day after school or sumthin'.

That is an awesome story...do you every actually see anybody up close? I don't know much about paranormal activity, but this seems really intersesting to me. Keep us posted!

actually one time i heard like, a small wimper by this fence like a little girl and i was walking with my friend brandon and i'm like "do you hear that?" and he's like "no....ur insane" we got a laugh then i heard it again and was walking towards it going "uh....is sum1 crying?" then as i got closer to the fence i heard like, a giggle and took off like a bat outta hell, true stry, scariest thing i've ever seen, brandon ended up peeing his pants. This development is weird, and wow my dartboard just...fell off my wall...prolly just the wind or sumthing.....my windows closed....hold me crying.gif

Hey Darkening_Fate. Are you referring to my theater? I also live within a half minle of the place. We must be neighbors. Hi neighbor!

It would seem many theaters are haunted. Perhaps they are the ghosts of patrons still waiting for tickets!

Edited by NickFun

The pet theory as to why so many theatres are haunted is because actors need to be the centre of attention even when dead!

(Needless to say I worked backstage, lol)

• 17 years later...

Hey! How are you? I was hoping to get more info from you about sunken meadow state park. I know the asylum and a cemetery are pretty close to sunken meadow. I was star gazing there last night for the meteor shower and my daughter noticed a big black humanly like figure walking towards us slowly but approaching very fast if that makes any sense. I yelled for them to get in the car and for my husband to get up. His back was turned towards it. I thought for sure it was either going to trample him or attack him. The second he stood up it turned and disappeared behind a fence. He ran to the car and got a flashlight within a few short seconds and it was gone. We would have been able to see it still walking away being it was a big open space. There was nothing there. It was very unnerving and felt like a bad spirit. We couldn’t figure it out. I may sound crazy but I’m a very skeptical person when it comes to things like this. I am not taking this lightly. I have been looking for any info and to see if anyone has has similar instances but I can’t find anything. Do you have any info? Thanks in advance! 
Jamie

4 minutes ago, jamiep423 said:
Spoiler

Hey! How are you? I was hoping to get more info from you about sunken meadow state park. I know the asylum and a cemetery are pretty close to sunken meadow. I was star gazing there last night for the meteor shower and my daughter noticed a big black humanly like figure walking towards us slowly but approaching very fast if that makes any sense. I yelled for them to get in the car and for my husband to get up. His back was turned towards it. I thought for sure it was either going to trample him or attack him. The second he stood up it turned and disappeared behind a fence. He ran to the car and got a flashlight within a few short seconds and it was gone. We would have been able to see it still walking away being it was a big open space. There was nothing there. It was very unnerving and felt like a bad spirit. We couldn’t figure it out. I may sound crazy but I’m a very skeptical person when it comes to things like this. I am not taking this lightly. I have been looking for any info and to see if anyone has has similar instances but I can’t find anything. Do you have any info? Thanks in advance! 
Jamie

Your text is whited out and the person in question hasn't been here since 2004.