Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Astronaut Confirms Apollo UFO Incident 2

Homan34

Thanks for posting.

It always feels like Buzz wants to say more but has to stop himself, probably because further information

would be getting into the 'classified' area? So he has to just give the bare minimum and keep it simple?

He certainly does do the rounds with his basic story.

:tu:

I don't know, it is a unidentified flying object. I bet it is a piece of space junk broke off from their own rocket. It doesn't look like a space craft really. Maybe it belongs to the Russians to track the mission, but I would doubt it. :alien:

I don't know, it is a unidentified flying object. I bet it is a piece of space junk broke off from their own rocket. It doesn't look like a space craft really. Maybe it belongs to the Russians to track the mission, but I would doubt it. :alien:

I would have hoped that these men would be quite familiar with space junk, especially from their own rocket...

I don't get how people can doubt a man like him.

People doubt people like Buzz because they don't have any physical evidence to support their claims and their previous employers do not agree with their claims.

People doubt people like Buzz because they don't have any physical evidence to support their claims and their previous employers do not agree with their claims.

Physical evidence may not exist, and if it did I dont see how they would be allowed easy access to it by their employers, let alone their employers agreeing with them publicly.

Edited by quillius

Physical evidence may not exist, and if it did I dont see how they would be allowed easy access to it by their employers, let alone their employers agreeing with them publicly.

The bolded part, this is the problem I think. IF E.T's are real and their crafts are what many of us refer to as UFO's, most assume the beings and their crafts would be physical.

How do we collect physical evidances from things if they are not physical?

IF E.T's and their crafts are not physical, then what are they?

Energy, plasmas, something undiscovered? Who knows?

It's not like the ones who would know, would tell any of us.

The bolded part, this is the problem I think. IF E.T's are real and their crafts are what many of us refer to as UFO's, most assume the beings and their crafts would be physical.

How do we collect physical evidances from things if they are not physical?

IF E.T's and their crafts are not physical, then what are they?

Energy, plasmas, something undiscovered? Who knows?

It's not like the ones who would know, would tell any of us.

Hey AquaMerina, I agree with your points here and often ponder the same questions you have raised....

who knows :unsure2::tu:

(by the way, great profile quote ;) )

Thanks for posting.

It always feels like Buzz wants to say more but has to stop himself, probably because further information

would be getting into the 'classified' area? So he has to just give the bare minimum and keep it simple?

He certainly does do the rounds with his basic story.

The thing people need to remember about Buzz and the rest is that they were good soldiers. I fully agree that they're heroes and that they definitely had the right stuff to do what they did, but all of the guys who landed on the moon were military men, except one. They were often fighter pilots, combat veterans, which means when they get an order they are going to salute and say "yes sir". When they are told something is classified and that they're not to blab about it, they will clam up.

That's why I think we have gotten some very general statements from them about UFOs, including their own sightings, but not a lot of detail. And it's not a question about which astronauts had UFO sightings and ET encounters out there because I think they all did--every one of them.

U.S government policy has always been to slap some kind of "explanation" on these, bury and deny the ones they can't and hope the sheeple will just go back to watching Days of our Lives and The Price is Right. Even a very dumb explanation will do if no other is available, on the assumption that most people aren't paying close attention anyway.

Gordon Cooper was the one exception who spoke in great detail about his UFO sighings, be he was always a maverick.

Gordon Cooper was the one exception who spoke in great detail about his UFO sighings,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFE0tyx4QRY

115:03:24 Mitchell: Well, let's see...We've had visitors again.

115:03:28 Shepard: Yeah. Hardly worth mentioning.

115:03:33 Mitchell: Agree. (Pause)

:ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PWxJmbicuf8

Recent Interview with Buzz Aldrin on French TV, where he confirms the Apollo crew had a UFO encounter and why they didn't say anything.

Please share your views regarding UFO sighting by NASA Astronaut.

I'd say they knew full well that it wasn't part of the second stage rocket, which was thousands of miles behind them, and that the UFO was stationary for a while there, blinking at them.

It could have been saying "Welcome to the Moon" or "Eat at Joe's" for all I know, but NASA had to "explain" it as something so they said it was part of the rocket. I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know a cover story when I hear one, although I'm often amazed at the lack of curiosity on the part of so many real scientists.

Of course, I'm also well away that curiosity about UFOs has been very actively discouraged in academia and the scientific community, by absurd "studies" like those of Dr. Condon and so forth.

and that the UFO was stationary for a while there,

it was moving along

115:03:24 Mitchell: Well, let's see...We've had visitors again.

115:03:28 Shepard: Yeah. Hardly worth mentioning.

115:03:33 Mitchell: Agree. (Pause)

Just like the guy on one of the space shuttle missions whose buddy sees a UFO whizzing by but when asked if he saw it replied "I don't know what you're talking about".

My only question in all those situations is whether those are our UFOs or theirs.....

Edited by TheMcGuffin

My only question in all those situations is whether those are our UFOs or theirs.....

they belong to a third party

Im sure you all heard Buzz Aldrins response to the "documentary" that started all this...

He notes that the quotations were taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the object they were seeing was not the SIV-B upper stage...they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage.

These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft....Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO. - David Morrison, NAI Senior

The conclusion was that what they were seeing was a piece of the SLA (Spacecraft/LM Adapter), one of 4 panels that had been jettisoned, when the spacecraft was a couple thousand miles out on July 16. A very small spinning reflective object many miles away, spinning, of course, and reflecting sunlight back at them (blinking) as it did so. Could it have been an alien spaceship following Apollo 11 on the way to the moon, maybe, but the most likely explanation is that it was one of those panels they saw.

Buzz has talked about it since Apollo 11, but Mike never made a big deal about it, and Neil recently gave information to his biographer regarding this thing. But people take Buzzs remarks...or I should say, some people, and make a big UFO/aliens deal about them.

They did observe a flashing object some distance away, an object which they never worried about, but were curious about, and one which they couldnt make any detail out concerning, save a slightly rectangular shape which appeared to flash rythmically. A UFO, technically speaking.

What the UFO crazys never mention is that Buzz, in talking about it, specifically said that they didnt mention it on the public loop, because "the UFO nuts would go crazy". Neil considered almost immediately that it might be the S4B, or a LM housing panel, which is why he subtly asked Houston about the position of the S4B, without mentioning what they were observing.

Not as exotic as an alien spacecraft following them along, so the aliens could warn them to get lost, I know... but we all know how these things work, who gives a rats ass about panels or the S4B when we can have Buzz Aldrin watching real aliens in space.

Edited by Hazzard

Not as exotic as an alien spacecraft following them along, so the aliens could warn them to get lost, I know... but we all know how these things work, who gives a rats ass about panels or the S4B when we can have Buzz Aldrin watching real aliens in space.

You're right, I don't give a rat's ass about the S4B or the panels, which were at least 7,000 miles away.

You're right, I don't give a rat's ass about the S4B or the panels, which were at least 7,000 miles away.

But said panels had to have come from some place, and origins were rather limited.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Here is Buzz version (uncut) on what happened, Jump forward to the 3 min mark.

Edited by Hazzard

I'd say they knew full well that it wasn't part of the second stage rocket, which was thousands of miles behind them, and that the UFO was stationary for a while there, blinking at them.

Actually, the second stage was at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean at the time the crew saw the SLA panel flipping around in the sunlight.

It was a piece of the 3rd stage LM housing, 4 of which moved along with the spacecraft as it headed out to the Moon.

It could have been saying "Welcome to the Moon" or "Eat at Joe's" for all I know, but NASA had to "explain" it as something so they said it was part of the rocket. I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know a cover story when I hear one, although I'm often amazed at the lack of curiosity on the part of so many real scientists.

Since the real scientists and engineers spent some time plotting trajectories to determine what it might have been, and concluded, along with the crew, that it was an SLA panel, I'd say there was a bit of reasonable curiosity about it.

Not undue, and certainly not important, at any rate. But NASA didn't have to explain it as anything, as at the time, no one knew about the sighting outside of the crew, and it wasn't reported until late July, during brief mentions of it during the Technical Debrief.

I don't think anyone in America would've paid much attention to this, as they were a wee interested in what Apollo 11 was about to do.

It's amazing how many times this silly AS-11 UFO sighting gets brought up in this board.

And quite frankly, Aldrin's mouthing off about it, sometimes with undue melodrama, is the cause of the proliferation of discussion about it. He knows full well it was an SLA panel, and has said so. All it takes is rationality, and a little knowledge to dismiss this alien nonsense hands down.

It was a non issue then, and it's a non-issue now.

But said panels had to have come from some place, and origins were rather limited.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hey Badeskov,

We know the SIVB and SLA Panels where out there, but they would have been too far away to match the description.

And quite frankly, Aldrin's mouthing off about it, sometimes with undue melodrama, is the cause of the proliferation of discussion about it. He knows full well it was an SLA panel, and has said so. All it takes is rationality, and a little knowledge to dismiss this alien nonsense hands down.

It was a non issue then, and it's a non-issue now.

Uh huh. I think that Aldrin has come close to telling the truth about this a couple of times, as opposed to the cover story about the panels and all that--which were nowhere near their spacecraft.

I would have hoped that these men would be quite familiar with space junk, especially from their own rocket...

He went into space twice in his entire life. I doubt anyone would be familiar with such to be quite honest. I really doubt that he had a good mental picture of every piece that made up the Rocket he travelled in as well.

I don't get how people can doubt a man like him.

Buzz is pointing the finger at NASA, yet Ed Mitchell says NASA is out of the loop, and he points the finger at the Government.

So, which one does one believe?

Edited by psyche101