Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs During Wartime

She-ra

The public rarely hears about interactions between military personnel and unexplained aircraft -- especially during wartime.

As time goes on, however, UFO stories stuck behind red tape begin to see the light of day. The Vietnam War saw its share of UFO activity in the 1960s.

One close encounter, in 1968, involved the crew of an American patrol boat that reported two glowing circular craft following them in the demilitarized zone that separated North and South Vietnam.

Read more here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/19/ufos-during-wartime_n_7046472.html?utm_hp_ref=ufo

Wartime UFO stories are recreated in the premiere episode of the second season of History's "Hangar 1: The UFO Files." The accounts are drawn from tens of thousands of UFO cases in the archives of the Mutual UFO Network, the world's largest UFO investigation group.

Seems like a lot of stories discussed here; some old, some new. Thought it was worth sharing. Enjoy :tu:

• Like 6

Read more here: http://www.huffingto...?utm_hp_ref=ufo

Seems like a lot of stories discussed here; some old, some new. Thought it was worth sharing. Enjoy :tu:

I wonder why they would say that, Foo Fighters are discussed as much as any flying saucer you see that claim pop up all the time.

Vietnamese UFO Helicopters come to mind as well.

The mention of Hangar 1 reminded me I saw Hangar 10 a few weeks ago, Do not bother, it is boring garbage.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Listen! This never happened, you people never read this.

• Like 3

Listen! This never happened, you people never read this.

That's just what they want you to believe

• Like 1

"Roughly circular in shape, the objects were later seen again by a second patrol vessel whose crew witnessed them hovering above the first. A few moments later a sudden flash of light was observed and the boat was seen exploding into a ball of flames."

So the aliens are anti-American commies. Great, just what we need. They'll fit right right in this crazy world.

Edited by xxxdemonxxx

Vietnamese UFO Helicopters come to mind as well.

They were definitely not Vietnamese helicopters. Throwing in helicopters is typical of the way the Air Force covers up such incidents from the public.

• Like 6

Interesting skyeagle, and thanks for your service my friend. I'm not much of a believer in the idea that we've been visited by intelligent beings from another planet, but i can respect such an account and i can respect a US soldier who served on hostile foreign soil. But considering it was during wartime, perhaps it was a Government craft. Maybe an early version of a drone? Such a vehicle would definitely seem phenomenal and strange in 1968.

Edited by xxxdemonxxx
  • Like 4

Hmm ...

One of many elements that set the Vietnam War apart from other wars up until that point was drug use, which was rampant among

soldiers. Marijuana was grown all over Vietnam, and many soldiers had their first experiences smoking it overseas. It helped them

mellow out, it helped them continue fighting. It took their mind off what the war was about and helped if they didn'tt necessarily believe

in the cause for which they fought. In The Things They Carried, drug use is treated matter of factly: it is another not-too-wonderful strategy

for trying not to see what is going on around the users. Some soldiers have religion, others have girlfriends waiting for them at home,

others have dope.

http://www.gradesaver.com/the-things-they-carried/study-guide/marijuana-and-heroin-use-during-the-vietnam-war

• Like 2

Hmm ...

I was wondering how long it would take before someone brought this up. Drug use was pretty rampant during that era.

Edited by BeastieRunner
  • Like 2

Well I suppose such a conflict would be of interest to anyone with a craft capable of making such maneuvers. What better thrills are there to be had, with untouchable tech, than in a war zone?

Interesting skyeagle, and thanks for your service my friend. I'm not much of a believer in the idea that we've been visited by intelligent beings from another planet, but i can respect such an account and i can respect a US soldier who served on hostile foreign soil. But considering it was during wartime, perhaps it was a Government craft. Maybe an early version of a drone? Such a vehicle would definitely seem phenomenal and strange in 1968.

The object was an orange, saucer-shaped craft. It first appeared from over the sea and at first, I thought that it was a jet in full afterburning approaching the based for a highspeed fly-by, but as it silently passed overhead, it became very clear that the object was not an aircraft of any kind.

We were watching an outdoor movie that evening, where the seats faced toward the east and the general location was elevated on the edge of a hill.

• Like 6

Thank you very much for this! For years, I have been telling people about the UFO that passed over my base in 1968 and it was the darnest thing that I have ever seen!! Needless to say, I became a believer and that was underlined when I was assigned to Hill AFB, Utah, after my Vietnam tour because Hill AFB was involved in investigations where flying saucers had shutdown our Minuteman missiles.

Eventually, Hill AFB sent me to Thailand and then, back to Vietnam on tempoary duty, (TDY) where I missed another UFO encounter at Pleiku, Vietnam by several months.

You are very welcome skyeagle409!! I'm glad I found this in my web travels and that you enjoyed it. i hopes this helps you in some way with your personal experience. THANK YOU for your service!! 2uhnyb7.jpg
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for this! For years, I have been telling people about the UFO that passed over my base in 1968 and it was the darnest thing that I have ever seen!! Needless to say, I became a believer and that was underlined when I was assigned to Hill AFB, Utah, after my Vietnam tour because Hill AFB was involved in investigations where flying saucers had shutdown our Minuteman missiles.

Eventually, Hill AFB sent me to Thailand and then, back to Vietnam on tempoary duty, (TDY) where I missed another UFO encounter at Pleiku, Vietnam by several months.

Congratulations Sky! Information at the link does seem to collaborate things you've said here.

They were definitely not Vietnamese helicopters. Throwing in helicopters is typical of the way the Air Force covers up such incidents from the public.

You're not letting him bring the helicopters up again unchallenged, are you? From the LINK:

During a 1973 press conference, five years after the patrol boat UFO encounters, Brown -- as USAF chief of staff -- was asked about the Air Force's position on UFOs:

I don't know whether this story has ever been told or not.
They weren't called UFOs. The were called
enemy helicopters

Clearly this is where the confusion between UFOs and helicopters stems from. Wouldn't you agree, Phyche? Of course you wouldn't. :tu:

----------------------------

And my goodness, this link is becoming a virtual treasure trove of information relating to current events.

Filer (pictured at right) recalled how his radar scope indicated the UFO was as big as the huge Firth of Forth Bridge in Scotland that he and his crew often used as a regular navigation point.

:w00t: What are the odds?

• Like 1

You're not letting him bring the helicopters up again unchallenged, are you? From the LINK:

Clearly this is where the confusion between UFOs and helicopters stems from. Wouldn't you agree, Phyche? Of course you wouldn't. :tu:

----------------------------

You are right, of course I wouldn't but I do not stick with media driven claims either.

Did you know 2 Aussie Soldiers died, and 7 were wounded in that attack?

Why was the term "enemy helicopters" used at all???

That night, the US Navy swift boat PCF-19 was sunk as well, 5 of the 7 crew died. In an enemy attack. The Hobart was not the only ship fired on by Enemy Alien Helicopters.

Why are aliens firing on Allied forces??????

Why did the crew of the HMAS Hobart (the Aussie ship damaged in the skirmish) report North Vietnamese Russian built M-14 'Hound' helicopters ferrying men and materiel over the border?

Aliens take sides in war do they????? I thought the Aliens had an agreement with the US Gubbermint, when did they start dealing with the USSR as well??

Do you still think this sounds like a genuine spaceship encounter???????

ETA: It's ANZAC Day here tomorrow. Bad time to be making up stories about our diggers right now.

1555409_727072497382909_4715884090354690409_n.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

About the same time an Australian ship assisting in the war, HMAS Hobart witness objects in the sky.

http://www.ufoeviden...ases/case60.htm

Same one mate. The USS Edson, the USS Boston, the US Coast Guard cutter Point Dume, and the USS PCF-19 also copped fire. That last one - PCF-19 - was sunk by three air-to-air missiles. The Aussie ship came under fire under darkness half 3 in the morning. The US 7th Air Force Phantom fighter-bombers may be responsible for some allied injuries.

• Like 1

E.T`s dont take sides ! They Take our Cow`s and Women ! :alien:

ET was an inspiration to Hardees.

post-103357-0-69716600-1429844663_thumb.

Congratulations Sky! Information at the link does seem to collaborate things you've said here.

.Thanks! :tu:

We knew that the glowing UFOs were not Vietnamese helicopters. That is the way the Air Force works when it wants to cover-up UFO incidents. Just as the Air Force used balloons to explain away the Roswell incident, the Air Force also used helicopters to explain away other UFO incidents.

• Like 1

We knew that the glowing UFOs were not Vietnamese helicopters. That is the way the Air Force works when it wants to cover-up UFO incidents.

You were at this specific incident were you?

Just as the Air Force used balloons to explain away the Roswell incident, the Air Force also used helicopters to explain away other UFO incidents.

Does not sound like it to me. Sounds like a typical skirmish.

And no need to mention Roswell, you already got that thread shut down too. Damn man, two threads in one week.

queen_victoria_we_are_not_amused_poster-r8b1b282ea5c04bcfa968abeb276d88cb_ai935_8byvr_512.jpg

Why was the term "enemy helicopters" used at all???

Because the Air Force used helicopters to explain away other UFO cases even though the Air Force knew that no helicopters were involved.

That night, the US Navy swift boat PCF-19 was sunk as well, 5 of the 7 crew died. In an enemy attack. The Hobart was not the only ship fired on by Enemy Alien Helicopters.

Let's take a look here.

HMAS HOBART HIT DURING VIETNAM UFO ENCOUNTER?

* "No physical evidence of helicopters destroyed has been discovered in the area of activity nor has extensive reconnaissance produced any evidence of enemy helicopter operations in or near the DMZ".

* In 1996 I interviewed the Hobart's skipper, the late Ken Shands, and he also said, "Neither before nor after the incident ... was there any report by any of the ships of a helicopter being there [around Tiger Island].

* And in the course of this, an Australian destroyer [Hobart] took a hit ... there was no enemy at all involved but we always reacted.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case60.htm

• Like 2

Does not sound like it to me. Sounds like a typical skirmish.

The questiont is, what caused the skirmish in the first place? Air-to-air missiles are not prime weapons to use on ground targets and we knew that there were no Vietnamese helicopters in the area.

Secondly, if you are going to use helicopters to penetrate enemy positions at night, you don't do so with onboard lights blazing away.

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 2

Because the Air Force used helicopters to explain away other UFO cases even though the Air Force knew that no helicopters were involved.

The Air Force did not call these things Helicopters, personnel on board did, you seem to keep missing that.

Let's take a look here.

Lets refrain from using sites that have spam pop ups can we? Maybe we can speak to the mods about such links??

Why don't you stick with documents from the time frame?? I notice UFOlogy rarely does, unless they "interpret" them.

For instance, a week after the Hobart 'incident' the Melbourne Sun noted:

"sightings were reported by radarmen in Quang Tri Province about five miles [eight kms] below the border zone. It was the sixth time since last Saturday that such sightings have been reported ... US command has ordered its fighter-bombers and artillery to withhold fire not wanting a repeat of the incidents in which the Allied ships were fired upon."

The Friendly fire upon the helicopters caused damage.

And, what about the USS PCF-19 which was sunk, and men killed, by air to air missiles?? Aliens use our Air to Air missiles these days? Got tired of buzzing cars, so they thought they might join in the war action? Mate, the story gets stupider the more aliens are mentioned!!

Aussies died in that Skirmish, and it is ANZAC day here tomorrow, mate, this is a bad time to be picking on our diggers. National Pride is, or should be at an all time high right now. Making up crap can wait. Perhaps you could show some respect to the men who fought alongside you in Nam and offer their memories due respect and leave the tall tales at the door.

I will be marching at the ANZAC Day parades. Despite the ISIS threats and foiled plot. Mate, respect our diggers here. They did not give their lives for tall tales.