Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The world's first global fairy census

Anomalocaris

The First Global Fairy Census Wants To Hear About Your Close Encounters

This fairy census, as a project of the new, less dogmatic FIS, isn't intended to prove the existence of fairies. Rather, it's meant to collect the reports and experiences of those who believe they've encountered one. And there are hundreds of people willing to tell those tales. When Italian folklorist Sabina Magliocco put up her own fairy survey, the reaction was so enthusiastic that she reached her goal of 500 responses in less than a week. Young told me that his census has had hundreds of responses already; he's aiming for 2,000 by the time the survey closes in 2016.

arrow3.gifRead more

• Like 1

I could enthrall them with my many fairy encounters.

Like the freezing November evening I fist fought a Brownie (the fairy, not a girl scout) for 2h 17m 52s as a group of unsavory squirrels looked on, hurling what I presume were insults as well as several wet, half chewed acorns, the snow lashing our skin as we torn each to shreds, the smell of ash thick in the clear high mountain air, the taste coppery blood cascading in torrents down my throat, as well as freshly roasted pumpkin pie for some inexplicable reason, the feeling of my numb fingers seeming to smash, to shatter with every raw-bare-knuckle blow, the look in that Brownie's ghostly green eyes that shimmered with half awakened magical rage when her knee blew out causing her to fall into a fresh snow bank that was covering a thousand pine cones, the crunch of snow and bones while the moon climbed over the horizon chasing away the fading sunlight.....the fight never seemed to end.

It all started over a riding lawn mower. Afterwards we became great friends spending long winter evening drinking coffee laced with mint, cinnamon, ginger, apple-juice and spiced rum.

Or I might tell them about the time Glax Wallows, a willow sprite, burst into my 3rd story slummy apartment that broached the arsenic laced river, in an attempt to steal my cat, so she could sell her to a princess in a small pacific island nation, whose kitten had gotten sick from eating thinder nestles, thus becoming depressed and forlorn, causing Glax Wallows to desperately seek out a buddy from Thunder Muffin (the English translation of the kit's name), when she was calm enough to explain what had happened all three of us packed everything we needed, rushed to the ceiling where her chariot made of shimmering blue-grey butterflies rested under the smog heavy city scape, the treacherous clouds boiling with the menace of thunder, of storm, the rain stench just floating on the tip of our tongues as we ascended the skies, riding over impossible visits, traveling as the gods did before they fled this little world of our, the sensation of absolute freedom of motion, the caress of the shimmering blue-grey butterflies as they cradled myself and the cat, we were drinking fermented apple juice with lilies in it spiced with coconut oil, cardamon and pieces of rock sugar, out of long tubes made of balsa wood carved to resemble the inner ear of the Red Nesting Dragons of Mendertemplethrope, whose extinction story is one of tragic misunderstandings as well as poor communications with the Wizards of Wintercrest, you remember those guys, always chewing on grape flavored candy while discussing the sound qualities of certain magical incantations.

But, then again, they might not be all that interested in my dull old stories.

Edited by bubblykiss
  • Like 9

Bubblykiss, you are a complete and utter loony ! :unsure2:

You are welcome on the Roofgarden for a cuppa anytime you want ! :tu:

I havn't got your exotice mixture for coffee... would instant coffee with home-grown mint suffice ?

(don't worry if you don't like it... you can always feed it to my pet Basalisks - they love it. :unsure2: )

• Like 3

Bubblykiss, you are a complete and utter loony ! :unsure2:

You are welcome on the Roofgarden for a cuppa anytime you want ! :tu:

I havn't got your exotice mixture for coffee... would instant coffee with home-grown mint suffice ?

(don't worry if you don't like it... you can always feed it to my pet Basalisks - they love it. :unsure2: )

:)

If you check, each story paragraph is one long sentence. It gives the a long narrative a strange flavor on top of the text

• Like 2

Fairy Cencus? Isn't that just a list of people who brought the latest Kyle Minogue album?

• Like 3

Fairy Cencus? Isn't that just a list of people who brought the latest Kyle Minogue album?

Kyle Minogue has a net worth estimated at $75 million USDs. And this is my first time learning that she even exists.

• Like 3

Well Kylie isnt very tall you know so your probably half right. :)

• Like 3

It was terrible , I got caught up in the parade and could not get out !

1964080-3x2-940x627.jpg

• Like 1

Omg I died lolling :) bubbly you should start writing stories

Yeah, that was a good read

• Like 2

Fairies. Wow. And they wonder why america is in a recession, while at the same time funding crap like this. Oh well...

• Like 1

I must be to indoctrinated into being PC since I thought about that sort of post Back to Earth but refrained from posting my thought's.

However that's fairy nice Amnomalcaris.

• Like 1

Bubbly...

As some one who "occasionally" delves into the realm of inane posts I salute you! That was brilliant...

:nw:

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1