Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The nature of archaeology

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 April 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Now you`ve done it! Pantsdragon is not going to like that!

I tried to be as polite as I could!  Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#17    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

woman, prepare to meet thy doom.....
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/index.php

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#18    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 April 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

woman, prepare to meet thy doom.....
http://www.megalithic.co.uk/index.php
I love those type of places, i`m packed and ready to goooo:
Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#19    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

that's a helluva lot of luggage to be lugging around on a boat freet!
how many pairs of shoes can one woman wear for gods' sake?!
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 22 April 2013 - 10:50 PM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#20    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postealdwita, on 22 April 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Whilst I have no wish to engage you in debate (I have seen the futility of that strategy in this and other threads), may I ask what you hope to achieve in your numerous and admittedly eloquent posts, especially when you appear completely dismissive of any opinion other than your own?

I can only say that I am heartily glad that you finally realise the futility of opposing my good self.  In view of your new found and appropriate humility, I will oblige with a response to your request as regards my aspirations regarding my posts.  However, my response will have to wait till my next session on the internet.

#21    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,766 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 25 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

I can only say that I am heartily glad that you finally realise the futility of opposing my good self.  In view of your new found and appropriate humility, I will oblige with a response to your request as regards my aspirations regarding my posts.  However, my response will have to wait till my next session on the internet.

I can hardly wait! You really do know how to titillate a fellow, don't you?  Posted Image

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#22    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,963 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#23    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,459 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

However, my response will have to wait till my next session on the internet.

Don't bother. I've yet to see any response to any of your posts that comes anywhere near interested, let alone impressed.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#24    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postealdwita, on 22 April 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

may I ask what you hope to achieve in your numerous and admittedly eloquent posts, especially when you appear completely dismissive of any opinion other than your own?

“A just question, my liege.”  (Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers)
I was going to give a lengthy reply to this but then realized that the Lord of the Rings will do it for me.

The question above occurs when Gandalf (in the film version) enters the court of Theoden at Edoras, where he is nick-named Stormcrow for always appearing when a ‘storm was brewing’, and being always a bearer of bad news.

“Hail, Theoden King,” says Gandalf.  “The courtesy of your court has lessened of late.”
“Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?” says the king.
“A just question, my liege,” says Wormtongue, addressing the king.  Then he turns to Gandalf.  “Lathspell, I name thee.  Ill news is an ill guest.”

Gandalf gets much the same welcome wherever he goes because he always turns up when there are difficulties and is always bringing bad news and warnings.

In spite of the bad receptions he gets, Gandalf persists.

Gandalf has nothing, apparently, to gain; neither power, nor crown, nor kingdom, and is not making many friends.  What do you think motivates Gandalf?

My motivation is pretty much the same.

The only real difference is that, while Gandalf seeks to persuade others to heed his warnings, to believe what he tells them, that is not the way I work.  My methods are more subtle.

#25    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 26 April 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Don't bother. I've yet to see any response to any of your posts that comes anywhere near interested, let alone impressed.

Do you know that elevated levels of hydrogen ions (low pH)  can have harmful effects on plants, aquatic animals, and infrastructure --- so how is your infrastructure these days, and when did you last spot a living plant in the desert of your mind?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users