Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neoconservatism is Stupid

Yamato

Since so much of our blood and treasure is spilled on behalf of so many pathetic puppets and patsies in the Middle East, and since so much of Neocon economic policy is US foreign policy, a video showcasing Mitt Romney's neocon tendencies belongs on the Middle East forum.

He does make some pertinent points, I feel; however, I suppose the question that's on everybody's lips is, does Mitch Romney, and the Neocons in general, really believe guff like "America can spread democracy; it knows how", or is it all about acting in the interests of the business interests that back them? Do they actually have any beliefs or principles, even if they are misguided or downright idiotic? is it better or worse if they do?

He does make some pertinent points, I feel; however, I suppose the question that's on everybody's lips is, does Mitch Romney, and the Neocons in general, really believe guff like "America can spread democracy; it knows how", or is it all about acting in the interests of the business interests that back them? Do they actually have any beliefs or principles, even if they are misguided or downright idiotic? is it better or worse if they do?

I lean to the belief that neocon ideals are self serving and business oriented. But they also tend to help Israel so I unabashedly support much of what is done. Much but not all. They are over the top in their rhetoric about spreading democracy, in fact it's a joke. But they as a group are the only ones with the balls to stand against Islamic terror and not try to appease it. For that reason alone I would support them.

I lean to the belief that neocon ideals are self serving and business oriented. But they also tend to help Israel so I unabashedly support much of what is done. Much but not all. They are over the top in their rhetoric about spreading democracy, in fact it's a joke. But they as a group are the only ones with the balls to stand against Islamic terror and not try to appease it. For that reason alone I would support them.

What is some evidence that suggests it's just a joke? What are some examples of this over the top rhetoric?

Neocon business is business for foreign oil wrapped up in patriotism using the military as pawns for their doublespeak about democracy and freedom. Maybe they really believe that more oil for America is more democracy for the rest of the world, since they believe in "American Exceptionalism" and believe that America has a unique position in the world to impose its will on the behavior of foreigners to make the world a better place. And when the business consists of blood, bullets and bombs, it takes a lot of oil flowing in and oil burning out to make that business happen.

This is no joke. I don't see any sign of joking here. This blood curdling serious. Maybe that's too easy to forget when you're only willing to see politicians "use the military" and not have any role in it. When your butt's not on the line, I suppose it might look like "in fact a joke".

What is some evidence that suggests it's just a joke? What are some examples of this over the top rhetoric?

Neocon business is business for foreign oil wrapped up in patriotism using the military as pawns for their doublespeak about democracy and freedom. Maybe they really believe that more oil for America is more democracy for the rest of the world, since they believe in "American Exceptionalism" and believe that America has a unique position in the world to impose its will on the behavior of foreigners to make the world a better place. And when the business consists of blood, bullets and bombs, it takes a lot of oil flowing in and oil burning out to make that business happen.

This is no joke. I don't see any sign of joking here. This blood curdling serious. Maybe that's too easy to forget when you're only willing to see politicians "use the military" and not have any role in it. When your butt's not on the line, I suppose it might look like "in fact a joke".

A joke as in their protestations about democracy are not to be taken seriously - it's just business as usual. But your stance is no better imo. You want to live in some fantasy world where everything is done to your specs and the rest of the world be damned, in effect. That isn't reality Yam. Yes, if enough people want that kind of change we could make the world a better place. Do you see a queue forming? The neo cons at least are willing to fight the enemy where you want to talk them to death. They have a limited vocabulary, in case you hadn't noticed.....
  • Like 1

A joke as in their protestations about democracy are not to be taken seriously - it's just business as usual. But your stance is no better imo. You want to live in some fantasy world where everything is done to your specs and the rest of the world be damned, in effect. That isn't reality Yam. Yes, if enough people want that kind of change we could make the world a better place. Do you see a queue forming? The neo cons at least are willing to fight the enemy where you want to talk them to death. They have a limited vocabulary, in case you hadn't noticed.....

Everything is done to the bureaucrats' specs and the rest of the country be damned is reality. The neocons create the enemy. That's how they generate the demand for their business.

People are the same all over the world despite the neocons' bloody habit of dividing people up to conquer certain groups in favor of other groups. Governments want power. Corporations want profit. Individuals want to be treated fairly. Individuals desire freedom in their lives, peace in their minds, harmony in their habitats and love in their hearts. It's no surprise that the best results come from individuals. It is surprising how often governments and corporations convince people to abandon their own true interests.

Fighting an idea or a word in the dictionary with military weapons in a sandbox is not going to win a war. It's going to destroy America from the inside out with stupid bankrupting wars of weakening that are going nowhere.

Everything is done to the bureaucrats' specs and the rest of the country be damned is reality. The neocons create the enemy. That's how they generate the demand for their business.

People are the same all over the world despite the neocons' bloody habit of dividing people up to conquer certain groups in favor of other groups. Governments want power. Corporations want profit. Individuals want to be treated fairly. Individuals desire freedom in their lives, peace in their minds, harmony in their habitats and love in their hearts. It's no surprise that the best results come from individuals. It is surprising how often governments and corporations convince people to abandon their own true interests.

Fighting an idea or a word in the dictionary with military weapons in a sandbox is not going to win a war. It's going to destroy America from the inside out with stupid bankrupting wars of weakening that are going nowhere.

Is everything a gubmint conspiracy to you? Do you actually believe that the US has no real enemies or that we can somehow just ignore them, regardless how it all got started? That's a fantasy Yam.

Is everything a gubmint conspiracy to you? Do you actually believe that the US has no real enemies or that we can somehow just ignore them, regardless how it all got started? That's a fantasy Yam.

I didn't say gubmint, I said neocon, and it's not a conspiracy if that's where nearly all the money we have to spend on foreigners is going (to the bureaucratically beloved Middle East).

Not agreeing with you or learning not to fight unwinnable wars against words in the dictionary isn't code for "just ignoring them".