Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How "Ancient Aliens" have lied to you

Harte

:tu:

To be honest I don't have enough interest in that video to go back and isolate anything in particular...

I just had the feeling of not being overly impressed with it.....(the 30 minutes I watched)

Nothing like being objective is there?

I don't know if I can be bothered to watch the OP video (it's very long)...but when I saw it was by Chris White I remembered that I had read about him

somewhere and that he was some kind of evangelical christian. Evidence is evidence and it is the interpretation of

evidence that varies. According to motive...?

Well Chris White is a very busy bee :)......debunking this that and the other...lol....and running his ministries...

this is his YouTube channel...

http://www.youtube.c...wwheretorun1984

the OP video is part of the Chris White Ministries....

http://chriswhitemin...com/?page_id=27

mmmmmmmmm :unsure:

This post could be addressed to both Bee (nice to see you again) and Bionic Bigfoot.

Practicing an organized religion and believing in aliens are not the same thing. It's quite disingenuous to try to pass them off as the same. Religion is a matter of faith and aliens, in an ideal world, are a matter of science. Faith cannot be proved or disproved with evidence, so one cannot view it as a scientific foundation. Aliens, on the other hand, can be proved or disproved based on extant evidence—they would leave a tangible footprint in innumerable ways.

Note in the start of the video where White admits he used to be a big believer in ancient aliens (the concept, not the idiotic TV show). He also admits he leaves room open for the possibility of extraterrestrial life, as do most people. As do I. I flatly do not buy into the ancient-alien hogwash, but I cannot deny the possibility that life exists elsewhere in the cosmos. I don't think any rational person can. The question is, what's meant by "life"? Is it microbial or sentient? This is the sort of thing science can answer, and to date science has not been able to answer it definitively. Whether ancient aliens visited Earth and influenced or affected human kind is also a question science can answer, as well as "softer" sciences like archaeology and paleoanthropology. Here again, there is no evidence at all for ancient alien visitors.

White takes issue specifically with the idiotic program Ancient Aliens. He states that every point made by von Däniken and the other addled talking heads is incorrect. As bold as this statement is, I am in full agreement. I've never heard any of the talking heads on the program make a point about ancient aliens that could survive even the basic scrutiny of a scientific or historical peer-review environment.

I personally think, Bee, that you're too hung up on White's religious faith. He has in fact stepped back from his old views that ancient aliens existed to critique the points made by the talking heads on Ancient Aliens. This has nothing to do with his religious beliefs but everything to do with his ability to evaluate the situation impartially and based on real-world, professionally reviewed scientific and historical evidence.

By the way, I'm sure you're familiar with the fact that the Roman Catholic Church has officially acknowledged the possibility of extraterrestrial life. Again, how one defines "life" can vary, but the point has been made. And the Catholic Church also employs some of the finest scientists and historians in the world.

• Like 2

What just happened?????? :huh:

One minute we were talking about a television show and now i have some Aliens attending my church service. :innocent::alien:

And why on earth is some skateboarder doing Ancient Alien religious videos???

Note in the start of the video where White admits he used to be a big believer in ancient aliens (the concept, not the idiotic TV show). He also admits he leaves room open for the possibility of extraterrestrial life, as do most people.

Hello kmt_sesh.....in reality we have no idea if White is being honest about once being a believer in ancient aliens...

The psychology behind it would be...'I'm like you...I once believed.... but now I know better...'

Like a softener before going in with the big guns.....lol

@Capt Amerika.... :D

• Like 1

Hello kmt_sesh.....in reality we have no idea if White is being honest about once being a believer in ancient aliens...

The psychology behind it would be...'I'm like you...I once believed.... but now I know better...'

Or like many of the ex-Mormons

But why would he lie about such a thing? I don't understand the gain. The last thing I'd want to admit is that I once believed in ancient aliens, even if I no longer do.

There are quite a few people at UM who fit the same description: they once believed but now know better. All it takes is a bit of study and research and—presto!—the whole farce about ancient aliens crumbles.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

There are quite a few people at UM who fit the same description: they once believed but now know better. All it takes is a bit of study and research and—presto!—the whole farce about ancient aliens crumbles.

Just sayin'.

In fact, it takes somebody quite uninformed to believe 90% of the p***tory Channel's tripe.

In fact, it takes somebody quite uninformed to believe 90% of the p***tory Channel's tripe.

Last night I stumbled across the History Channel and, much to my shock, they were airing a two-hour special on Caligula. That's right, something legitimately historical, and it was a pretty damn good special. It was probably a rerun that's been aired multiple times, but with the welter of mindless crap the History Channel airs these days, I was delighted. I actually watched the History Channel last night.

How odd is that? :wacko:

Last night I stumbled across the History Channel and, much to my shock, they were airing a two-hour special on Caligula. That's right, something legitimately historical, and it was a pretty damn good special. It was probably a rerun that's been aired multiple times, but with the welter of mindless crap the History Channel airs these days, I was delighted. I actually watched the History Channel last night.

How odd is that? :wacko:

No side effects, like increased hair growth? :devil:

• Like 1

because he has an agenda......?

Riiiiiight! Because everyone MUST have an agenda. Your excuse reeks of paranoia.

Like Harte and others I know, I was fooled into believing alot of BS when I was younger. It was only when I delved into the facts that I found out I was being lied to by people who wouldn't know their butt's from a hole in the ground. Which is why I present what I can, where I can. People should be made aware of when they're being lied to by people with no idea of what they're talking about.

cormac

• Like 4

Riiiiiight! Because everyone MUST have an agenda.

of course he has an agenda.....you're an intelligent person so you must see that.

the whole thing was funded and got together by a evangelical christian ministry

c'mon

• Like 1

of course he has an agenda.....you're an intelligent person so you must see that.

the whole thing was funded and got together by a evangelical christian ministry

c'mon

Who he's funded by isn't going to prevent him from presenting the actual, verifiable evidence. Your argument works against you. A good example of which would by Dr. Mark Lehner, whose original forays into archaeology/Egyptology were funded by the Edgar Cayce Foundation. Yet his research and excavations have done much not only to prove the ECF wrong, but to further our knowledge of Ancient Egyptian Society.

cormac

I still don't see why White's religion should be regarded as an issue, nor why the funding of his video should matter. Practicing one's faith and arguing against ancient-alien intervention are two entirely separate things.

I couldn't care less what White's religious beliefs are...so long as he doesn't knock on my door to hand out pamphlets. :lol:

• Like 3

I think that by questioning his religious views Bee is trying to infer that his site (a very good one,if i say so myself )is in some way suspect as a result.

This is what the fringe do when presented with evidence which they cannot refute.

• Like 1

I believe that AA also says that the opinions of the various "experts" are those of that expert. So they do plenty of CYA (Cover your A##). I do think that the AA Site and the show should have a more clear disclaimer that this is Entertainment and not a Doumentary series.

Your right they do a good job of covering there A## which is why its such a good show. Because any of the information they state on there(and im talking about the mainstream Science) can be verified by a quick Google Search where you can formulate your own opionion on the Mythology presenented in the show.

• 1 month later...

Chris White and Michael Heiser took a few moments to squash Giorgio & Co. Actually, a pretty good thuumping of the Greek Melon (head.)

It's at this site.

It's a three hour vid if you watch the whole thing. White has broken it into pieces concerning the various claims, and includes some text on each page with the shorter clips.

A sampling from the textual section concerning PumaPunku:

Believers have no choice but to concede or stamp their feet and cry 'No Fair!" :cry:

These are the various sections available for viewing individually:

Harte

I never really paid much attention to those perticulars on the show tbh Harte, it was more just exploring theories and get me thinking in order to understand what I wanted to get from the new side of paranormal I was stepping into. They are all pretty see through by the way they cut off before answering the actual question. Some things they brought up like the figurines and astrotravel parafenalia is to me pretty obvious they simply depict what they see, if there was no reason to draw breath packs and dome helmets they wouldn't have done so.

They teach the best rule of thumb to this whole world of paranormal. Prepare the bull****-o-metre and if you don't believe and have no will about the theory don't bother yourself with it and pass on to a better.

I still don't see why White's religion should be regarded as an issue, nor why the funding of his video should matter. Practicing one's faith and arguing against ancient-alien intervention are two entirely separate things.

I couldn't care less what White's religious beliefs are...so long as he doesn't knock on my door to hand out pamphlets. :lol:

Here's a leafelt at your back door, big guy. why not stop for a little review? How's it going? See you hit the big time, Mr. Moderator?. Long time no see, big guy. The door way swings to shut and the alignment nears. Listen close or miss the conclusion I'd fear? T-minus less than forty and counting. as far as the astronomical clock is concerened, hope you brought the popcorn ole' friend. Time in its refernce is not only watching but listening. Are you? Venus slipped around earlier this June in a solar ecliptic unprescedented in thousands of years, now it appears again 180 degrees at our back door as the other planets align and the solar eclipse resolves. Seems everyone believes the 'Mayans' were 'spaced out' in their observance of the space time continnuum/ Truth is no one was really listening (given the disgusting substantiousness of histoical reference). Forty days have gone by since the arousal of Hurricane Sandy in the midst of the Atlantic upheavel, forty nights continue to pass as the day draws near. Time in its' essence as we as as the present civilization understand it, stops to ponder an existence, while change comes in an astronomical essence to obseve the reminder. or should I say REMAINDER??? Look to the East my friend....

Edited by Time Spy

Here's a leafelt at your back door, big guy. why not stop for a little review? How's it going? See you hit the big time, Mr. Moderator?. Long time no see, big guy. The door way swings to shut and the alignment nears. Listen close or miss the conclusion I'd fear? T-minus less than forty and counting. as far as the astronomical clock is concerened, hope you brought the popcorn ole' friend. Time in its refernce is not only watching but listening. Are you? Venus slipped around earlier this June in a solar ecliptic unprescedented in thousands of years, now it appears again 180 degrees at our back door as the other planets align and the solar eclipse resolves. Seems everyone believes the 'Mayans' were 'spaced out' in their observance of the space time continnuum/ Truth is no one was really listening (given the disgusting substantiousness of histoical reference). Forty days have gone by since the arousal of Hurricane Sandy in the midst of the Atlantic upheavel, forty nights continue to pass as the day draws near. Time in its' essence as we as as the present civilization understand it, stops to ponder an existence, while change comes in an astronomical essence to obseve the reminder. or should I say REMAINDER??? Look to the East my friend....

unsure.gif

< YT links over there might be better, but I'm not sure how else to respond to that...

• Like 2

To be honest, when I saw the first episode of ancient aliens i was amazed :)

I found it entertaining and somewhat educational.

On the other hand, the link you posted about AAD is interesting. I'm definitely going to read it :)

Hello, Time Spy. Haven't seen you in a while.

I confess I've read your post several times and cannot seem to understand most of what you were saying. But as for the Mayans, I don't know of anyone who thinks they're "spaced out." Well, perhaps New Agers do, but they tend to be spaced out in the first place, so from them it would be a compliment. And in most instances the Mayans are misinterpreted on a comical scale, usually by fringe writers. They never said the earth would be destroyed. Might be the stuff of movies, but it's not the stuff of reality.

The OP Link is (IMO) is the best proof that: (1) Mankind of that time were a lot more knowledgable than we ever give them credit for today. (2) Aliens (if they exist) did not come to earh and build/teach/influence earlier civilisations on how to build anything!!! (3) Clearing up this whole pointless debate!!

I thought AA was a very entertaining series and quite well made too. It will be an introduction to amazing achievements of history to many people. There was many things and places I never knew about. If I search any of the sites for more footage in Youtube, then the first given choice is always AA, most of the time it's the most professional looking stuff as well. If the alien stuff and the huge exaggeration of some issues is removed then AA might be a basis for a more serious series, which probably is prepared somewhere.

White's debunking is very good too, what I saw from it. A lot of work has gone in to that but I just keep on wondering if he should have made something else with his time. Like a real and serious series about the same issues.

I don't believe in aliens or gods and to me AA is actually a celebration of the achievements of mankind. It is amazing to think that they did all that advanced stuff we can't explain today. At least I know that the belief in aliens and gods make people do big things

So what are the stones at Puma Punku made of....?

I was having a bit of a look around to see who was correct...Ancient Aliens or Chris White.

It's hard to pin it down but maybe they are both right and both wrong (in terms of selectivity)

There is this video talking about diorite at Puma Punku....

[media=]

[/media]

and on this discussion forum one poster says this...

http://www.disclose....-t79004-40.html

I watched this DEBUNKING video all of it. I love ancient history and i only want the truth and try to imagine it from all these ideas and i care less who is right or wrong i only want the truth.

I am a fan of ancient aliens watch it all the time, and even before this debunking video i did notice a few small things like weight errors ect ect but nothing that changed it or made it less believable.

This video does point out a few good things but they play the same games to try to get you to believe a lie.

like:

Ancient aliens say's puma punku rocks are red granite, diorite and andesite..

Debunker says Red sandstone and andesite..

Well fact is they are both are not being very detailed since puma punku is made up of red sandstone, red granite, gray diorite and andesite.

the groove cuts with holes were in the gray diorite wich debunker was calling red sandstone and with sandstone pictures.

debunker was right the largest rock is sandstone wich ancient aliens said was red granite

then on this site..

http://paleocontact....ontact/theme/5/

In the language of Quechua "Puma Punku" means "Gate of the Puma." The total area is about 2 square meters. km. In general it is a mound on top lined with large blocks of red granite, gray diorite and andesite - very solid natural materials, however, treated with incredible accuracy and precision.

and

The largest stone monolith Puma Punku is a block of red sandstone

[snip]

For example, the Puma Punku see the huge diorite boulders over a meter in height, not just carefully crafted, and having a thickness of 6 mm groove running along the entire height.

I'm not taking a position on 'aliens or human ancestors' when it comes to Puma Punku,

but it looks like Chris White is being (at least) as economical with the truth as Ancient Aliens.

???

Edited by bee