Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The abduction of Travis Walton

Saru

That's crazy, whether it was a very good hoax or not you'd think that people would leave them alone about it.

originally i believed this guy. i read the book, saw the movie, watched several interviews with him and others that were involved.

now i'm not so sure. there are too many contradictions etc.

if only abductions were more predictable. sigh

Great post Saru, thanks!!

Hi JGirl!!

• Like 1

Gud Night ma gud night pa gud night johnboy. ps: sorry I just had to do it.

• 2 months later...

originally i believed this guy. i read the book, saw the movie, watched several interviews with him and others that were involved.

now i'm not so sure. there are too many contradictions etc.

if only abductions were more predictable. sigh

I am kind of in the same boat. I just could not understand how they could all pass a lie detector test..as a matter of fact.. Travis was the only one who did not at the time of the incident. There are many reasons/excuses he gives for this..however he did have a long history of interest in UFO's and flying saucers..that kind of damns him in my opinion.

If those guys did not pass the polygraph i just dont see how I could believe his story..

..not to mention he gives his account of what happened 'under hypnosis'. It is a scientific fact, that imaged can be put in someone unconscious mind during hypnosis..

Why did his account change from aliens that looked like Grey aliens, to aliens that looked like Humans?

Too many 'facts' that don't add up..yet I cannot say for sure that he is lying. That is why this is a legendary case.

• Like 1

i wanted to believe his story to the point that i almost started justifying the inconsistancies, if you know what i mean. as it stands now he's on the shelf with the other 'wait and see' stories.

What I find that is strange is that nothing of their stories have changed. If it is a lie it is a good lie. I saw something last week on the TV about this again. Their story hasn't changed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I'd seen the movie "Fire in the Sky" way back in the 90s, a film based on this Travis Walton story. It's hard to say though to really prove this story true or false and those lie detector tests aren't always accurate. Some folks can lie right through them so it's a story without any real evidence.