Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

an EVP

Barek Halfhand

Hi! :)

Here's a cell phone EVP for your listening pleasure....at about 1:40 or so you will start to here what sounds like voices....almost singing at times (location withheld by request).....B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barek Halfhand

• JustNormal

• boorite

• Pythia

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I could hear the singing - sounded like a man to me and it was very distinct.

Can any natural causes for this be ruled out, like someone walking down the street singing - it didn't sound like a tv or radio - but like a man singing casually.

Yes, I could hear the singing - sounded like a man to me and it was very distinct.

Can any natural causes for this be ruled out, like someone walking down the street singing - it didn't sound like a tv or radio - but like a man singing casually.

I can say for certain the singing is out of place for the environment ...this is from my cell phone and there IS a possibilty of other people being in range of the mic .....B

halfhandshuffle:godsmack-away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olmlEaMf2wg

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Sounds like someone talking over an intercom system in the background Barek. Interesting, but is it authentic?

I'll never know. ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jI41KbedP4

My buds' band opened for Zak and Black Label Society a couple of years back :tu: ........the only evidence to offer here really is the EVP.....this is going to have to based on what you hear and thats all .......plus I give way to much away!....this ushurs in the era of the "ultra confusing barek".......(enjoy).....B

halfhandshuffle:Primus - Tweekers Jam 94

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I'd like to hear it with a bunch of the white noise filtered out.......It might be interesting when it's cleaned up some

Here's a cell phone EVP for your listening pleasure....at about 1:40 or so you will start to here what sounds like voices....almost singing at times (location withheld by request).....B

Darn, I can hear clicking but thats it..Stooopid computer GRRRR

Darn, I can hear clicking but thats it..Stooopid computer GRRRR

I tried three times and got nothing, I'm probably going deaf :D

I'd like to hear it with a bunch of the white noise filtered out.......It might be interesting when it's cleaned up some
hey bogey..

I did notice that the Windows Media Player has a "graphic equalizer" ....those little slide bars make LOTS of difference....(when you have time to tweek it).....B

halfhandshuffle:Pearl Jam - Once

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5tXCm2lNno

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Pretty interesting Barek, I hear some whispering in the last few seconds...

I err, couldnt hear anything either, just white noise.

ES

I hear two things: What sounds like a distant voice reverberating in a hallway; and some RF noise or intermodulation.

In the case of the former, it may be normal speech that only sounds like singing (or as I thought, a sustained moan or wail) at this distance because the hallway (or whatever acoustic environment) tends to resonate with a particular frequency in the speaker's voice, just as a pipe in an organ does. This has the effect of sustaining that note or frequency (and certain over- and undertones) while letting others decay more rapidly. So normal speech across a wide sound spectrum is rendered as something like a single note or chord.

I'm supposing that the recording was made in an environment like a hall, stairwell, or auditorium, with at least one long axis and some hard surfaces. I'd be very surprised to hear that it was recorded in a smallish, carpeted room full of bookcases and upholstered furniture.

You can make a recording very like this one by finding a building with a big, hard-floored, empty hallway or stairwell, then placing the recorder at one end, and then going some distance away and speaking in a more or less normal voice. You'll find that particular frequencies, notably in the low-midrange, are emphasized, giving a "droning" or sometimes "honking" effect.

I used to be a soundman.

Pretty interesting Barek, I hear some whispering in the last few seconds...
howdi! :)

it starts at around 1:35 and up.....whats your "first impression" ?....B

halfhanndshuffle:Primus - John the Fisherman

I used to be a soundman.

Oh wow, like a fluffer?

I hear two things: What sounds like a distant voice reverberating in a hallway; and some RF noise or intermodulation.

I'm supposing that the recording was made in an environment like a hall, stairwell, or auditorium, with at least one long axis and some hard surfaces. I'd be very surprised to hear that it was recorded in a smallish, carpeted room full of bookcases and upholstered furniture..

I used to be a soundman.

it is a hall ...I am fairly certain.....keep in mind the recording was made with the voice recorder feature of the phone, so some of the added elements of RF interference are at least minimized......now the accoustics of this hallway in question could probably produced some of the elongated sounds we are hearing....I have lots more from the mauseleum I can re edit and post....(stay tuned).........B Edited by Barek Halfhand

Oh wow, like a fluffer?

I like that word!! fluffer! tee-hee!! (sorry) :blush:

I ran it through Cool Edit Pro, and the first part of it sounds as if a man is saying "John".....and there's definately some talking at the very end...but I can't clean it up enough to understand it.

I ran it through Cool Edit Pro, and the first part of it sounds as if a man is saying "John".....and there's definately some talking at the very end...but I can't clean it up enough to understand it.
cool.... thanks for the reply :tu:

I have a couple more I am going to add for everyones' opinion....some are bad because I made the brilliant decision to set my phone down near a humming fan.....

I also have a couple of night cell phone vids from cemetary I strolled through alone the other night :unsure2: ....(haven't watched yet)....B

halfhandshuffle:Disturbed - Voices

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj-dw6xx-BQ

Edited by Barek Halfhand

I have a couple more for ya...I make no claimes ^_^ .....B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

EVPs are most likely created by interference from nearby items that emit noise on low-level frequencies, such as CB radios or through cross modulation. This background noise is recorded, and replayed. If something "interesting" is heard, the sound sample is isolated, filtered, enhanced, and otherwise changed as much as necessary in order to make the "interesting" sounds into something vaguely intelligible. And when I say vaguely, boy do I mean it!

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

Not even to mention that now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers some hoaxers have probably entered the fray.

Additionally, some of the "voices" people believe have been caught on tape are likely fueled by human natures propensity to try to make sense out of random patterns, called pareidolia, in this case, noise. The face on Mars, "the man in the moon" hearing messages on records played in reverse and Electronic Voice Phenomena are examples of pareidolia.

To bad that Meek and ONeil, Spiricom, who promised direct two-way communication with the dead, never made it. How cool would it be to call up my dead grandfather, but then again, this is exactly what keeps this idea of EVP alive.....The -What if.....

EVPs are most likely created by interference from nearby items that emit noise on low-level frequencies, such as CB radios or through cross modulation. This background noise is recorded, and replayed. If something "interesting" is heard, the sound sample is isolated, filtered, enhanced, and otherwise changed as much as necessary in order to make the "interesting" sounds into something vaguely intelligible. And when I say vaguely, boy do I mean it!

Another possible explanation is that people may have used old tapes, knowingly or not, for EVP sessions, and that the voices they hear come from previous recording "bleeding through".

Not even to mention that now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers some hoaxers have probably entered the fray.

Additionally, some of the "voices" people believe have been caught on tape are likely fueled by human natures propensity to try to make sense out of random patterns, called pareidolia, in this case, noise. The face on Mars, "the man in the moon" hearing messages on records played in reverse and Electronic Voice Phenomena are examples of pareidolia.

To bad that Meek and ONeil, Spiricom, who promised direct two-way communication with the dead, never made it. How cool would it be to call up my dead grandfather, but then again, this is exactly what keeps this idea of EVP alive.....The -What if.....

Do I detect a note of sarcasm Mr Hazzard? :D and are you familiar with the case history behind the location of this "EVP"?

.....AND I did make it more than clear this was just a leftover that was available for listening.....but I guess that would take the sting out of those keen observations of yours....and how about a little originality in the mix? ;)

Mr Halfhand

halfhandshuffle:slayer-Stain of mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiNnI6sAQcE...ted&search=

Edited by Barek Halfhand

O.K. Mr. Halfhand, I don't know if this will make you feel better or not.

I am almost completely deaf and I have to turn the volume all the way up and wear special earthingys, to hear anything. I know it's not sounding promising so far, but sometimes it's good because I don't seem to hear the static the same way other's do.

I'm going to tell you what I heard anyway, like it or not.

On the first EVP, I heard nothing until the final minutes and then I could hear a woman's voice on a PA system. Not sure what she said.But part of it sounded like "Please go to..."

On the second EVP, I heard four whistling sounds, two and then two again and then I heard a whisper that I thought said, "Aren't you going to go?"

On the third one, I heard nothing.

Nothing like getting your EVP's reviewed by a deaf person is there? :D

The upside is, you can always refute anything that I've heard.

I'm really interested in knowing what you heard, Barek, especially in the first one.

Edited by cyqe