Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Ancient Pyramids Found in Antarctica

pyramids antarctica ancient unexplained

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,712 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostDarthD, on 05 September 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I throughly enjoy the idea of aliens. Millions of years ago Antarctica was warm enough for dinosaurs. If it was something out of this world wouldn't we find more evidence. Maybe the real leaders of this world doesn't want us to know.

So you dont trust science.
It has to be TPTB.

For your information

Antarctica Geological Timeline - A history of the land of Antarctica

Note that The Continent became covered with ice 25 Million years ago.
Mass Extinctions took place at the end of the  Cretaceous Era  and during the Paleocene era, Antarctica started developing a cooler climate which  eventually lead to  the ice build up and eventually Antarctica becomes what we see  during the End of the Eocene era.

and off note :
All the facts in the link are based on scientific studies.
if you dont trust science,  you have no right to use the technology that you use today. go run into  the wild and live like an ape.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#47    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,240 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 September 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

For your information : All the facts in the link are based on scientific studies.
if you dont trust science,  you have no right to use the technology that you use today. go run into  the wild and live like an ape.

If you don't trust the English language in it's written form you shouldn't use it either.  In my opinion.   :)

#48    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 01 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

How you know Antarctica froze suddenly?

It isnt? Well how come that we can found plants under ice. Doesnt that indicate that it was frozen suddenly? Maybe I read something wrongly.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#49    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

I was taking a boat around in the fjords in southern norway a few months back. Rising from the water is one half of a perfectly formed pyramid... Made by....... Weather ;). Still it was wonderfull to see, i understan how it can provoke curiosity.

#50    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,094 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postthe L, on 05 September 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

It isnt? Well how come that we can found plants under ice. Doesnt that indicate that it was frozen suddenly? Maybe I read something wrongly.

You probably mean fossilized plants? They only prove Antarctica was once located on a different latitude with a warmer climate.

See The_Spartan's link.

#51    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

There's an interesting theory that the entire crust of the Earth rotated around the core in one piece in a short time resulting in the frozen polar regions moving into temperate zones and Antartica being shifted into it's current location.  This resulted in rapid sea levels rising at the end of the last ice age.
This is postulated because a map has been found dated around 1500's that shows Antartica's coastline without ice...that is the entire coastline exposed. Also the map makes reference that it was put together from many other ancient maps.  Antartica's coast without ice was not charted in modern times until the 1950's with seismic techniques.
If you search Youtube there's a great documentary by Graham Hancock about this.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#52    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,094 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 08 September 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

There's an interesting theory that the entire crust of the Earth rotated around the core in one piece in a short time resulting in the frozen polar regions moving into temperate zones and Antartica being shifted into it's current location.  This resulted in rapid sea levels rising at the end of the last ice age.
This is postulated because a map has been found dated around 1500's that shows Antartica's coastline without ice...that is the entire coastline exposed. Also the map makes reference that it was put together from many other ancient maps.  Antartica's coast without ice was not charted in modern times until the 1950's with seismic techniques.
If you search Youtube there's a great documentary by Graham Hancock about this.

Piri Reis map doesn't show an ice free Antarctica, but the south-eastern coast of South America.

Try this one:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=23172

Edited by Abramelin, 08 September 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#53    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 08 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

Piri Reis map doesn't show an ice free Antarctica, but the south-eastern coast of South America.

Try this one:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=23172

Well this says antartica is on it

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#54    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,094 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 08 September 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well this says antartica is on it

Did you check the links? Here's a pic from the first link:

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 08 September 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#55    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Yes, Abramelin I viewed the links.  Very interesting.
It's a shame that an educated man such as Graham Hancock, clearly has never researched this map in any depth.  In fact he states in the documentary that he bases his conjecture on the analysis of the map by some second rate conspiracy theorist...I looked him up and his closest approach to science is pixies and fairies.  I was so disgusted I didn't bother noting the name.  Repeating the name only gives him further popularity with the Google[bot].  He claims the map in question rivals the accuracy of today's maps.  In viewing it I can see why so many ships of the day sank before they got out of sight of their home port.
This is exactly why I have come to this forum.  I want to get some educated analysis on many of the radical claims made by the so-called "ancient astronaut theorists".
Personally I think these wild claims by the you-know-all-their-names authors are just a cop-out from doing scientific analysis of our ancient past.
I don't buy the theory that because stones are too heavy to be lifted by humans, then they must have been helped by giants or ET's with an anti-gravity beam.
Thank you for your open-minded view of this topic.

Edited by synchronomy, 09 September 2012 - 02:09 AM.

Also tagged with pyramids, antarctica, ancient, unexplained

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users