Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great UFO Debate.

Hazzard

Several recent television shows have soberly addressed the possibility that alien craft are violating our air space, occasionally touching down long enough to allow their crews to conduct bizarre (and, in most states, illegal) experiments on helpless citizens. While these shows tantalize viewers by suggesting that they are finally going to get to the bottom of the so-called "UFO debate", they never do. hmm.gif

Personally, I don't think the basic concept of ET visitation is impossible. I just don't see that the evidence to support the ET/UFO hypothesis is strong enough for me to declare, "they're here".

The problem I have with the claim that strange craft are prowling our planet is NOT with the transportation mode, but with the evidence.

I’ll worry about how they got here once I’m convinced that they’ve really made the scene.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Pannkakskungen

• indeed

• DBunker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The whole alien-abduction thing sounds like some kind of psychological phenomenon. Same with the UFO sightings themselves. In the 1900's they were seeing Jules Verne-style airships, today it's spaceships. Plus, the "aliens" look remarkably like us - eyes, hands, feet. What are the chances of intelligence developing in two humanoid species? I think these things are happening in people's heads.

It would be nice to have a serious debate about UFOs and I mean just UFOs, no looneys with flying saucers, nordic/reptilian/grey or what have you aliens. Just discuss what the various sources for UFOs might be, what the most likely explanation might be, yes, aliens could be included, as well as secret black government aircraft, just as long as facts and reasonable arguments are used.

I get annoyed because they still run shows about UFOs and Aliens when nothing can really be learnt anymore.

There is no new evidence, in the governments eyes there is no evidence. (ok...officially).

What do you mean by "nothing can really be learnt anymore" are you suggesting that we know all there is about the UFO phenomena?

There is still lots of things that we need to learn about it, take the Hessdalen project for example, still lots of things there to learn.

No, that is not what I was suggesting.

I was saying that I find it annoying how there are many programs devoted to looking at UFO footage, most of it rubbish, when it achieves nothing.

I get annoyed because they still run shows about UFOs and Aliens when nothing can really be learnt anymore.

There is no new evidence, in the governments eyes there is no evidence. (ok...officially).

Exactly!!! The government still denies there are or has been any extraterrestrial activity anywhere in the USA...they make excuses for everything....roswell, abductions...like barney and betty hill, and sightings. If there isnt any evidence then why do sightings still occur?? Area 51 could hold alot of answers...but the government denied area 51 for the longest too.

No, that is not what I was suggesting.

I was saying that I find it annoying how there are many programs devoted to looking at UFO footage, most of it rubbish, when it achieves nothing.

815938[/snapback]

Ohh, okey, yeah, that bugs me too, that and medias general tone when it comes to UFOs, that it has to be little green/grey men in fancy space ships.

Exactly!!!  The government still denies there are or has been any extraterrestrial activity anywhere in the USA...they make excuses for everything....roswell, abductions...like barney and betty hill, and sightings. If there isnt any evidence then why do sightings still occur??  Area 51 could hold alot of answers...but the government denied area 51 for the longest too.

816003[/snapback]

What is your proof that there is ET activity in the US?

Sightings of what, ETs or UFOs? Sightings of the latter is pretty obvious as we don't know what it is yet, the former on the other hand I would say have to do with psychology.

Hold on now guys!

Paraphrasing Seth Shostak, "believing aliens exist is one matter - but believing they visited because you saw a blurry light in the sky is another."

Unknown/Unidentified is NOT another label for "Alien spacemen."

I know, good luck trying to convice the looneys grin2.gif

Exactly Pankakskungen! In fact, I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said just that. thumbsup.gif

Och,heja Sverige. original.gif

Ok, so ive never seen a ufo (and by that i mean, anything that looks even slightly like a flying saucer or orbed shaped).. but that doesnt put me off the possibility that they exist.

Hundreds of thousands of people believe to have seen something unusual in the skies e.g. dodgy lights at night, strange flight paths, stationery objects in the sky, and thousands of people believe to have been abducted, they all cant be wrong.... can they ??

dontgetit.gif

Yes, they can. w00t.gif

Just kidding. Actually, there may not only be mundane explanations to these events, but also undiscovered complex psychological causes as to why people experience what they do regarding UFOs.

The primary UFO evidence consists of UFO sighting reports, multi-witness close encounters, still and motion pictures, radar trackings, simultaneous radar-visual sightings, physical traces (environmental changes in dirt, vegetation, trees, etc.) produced by UFOs, abductions by aliens of Earthlings, and very likely (in hidden locations) crashed UFOs and preserved alien bodies.

On a related note...just how many cows do these "alien visitors" need to examine before they figure out cows???? laugh.gif

I realize that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence," but by the same token, absence of evidence is in no way proof anything. Some people insists that some of the unresolved sightings must be extraterrestrial craft by the sheer fact that they're still unidentified.

That just doesn't seem logical. no.gif

Edited by DEBUNKER

Ok, so ive never seen a ufo (and by that i mean, anything that looks even slightly like a flying saucer or orbed shaped).. but that doesnt put me off the possibility that they exist.

Hundreds of thousands of people believe to have seen something unusual in the skies e.g. dodgy lights at night, strange flight paths, stationery objects in the sky, and thousands of people believe to have been abducted, they all cant be wrong.... can they ??

dontgetit.gif

816224[/snapback]

How can you first say that you havent seen a UFO, then say what shape a UFO is suppose to have, that doesnt make any sense at all.

UFOs exist, no need to doubt that, what UFOs are on the other hand, that is the real question.

Regarding whether loads and loads of people all can be wrong, sure they can, just look at christianity for example, here we have more than a billion people who believe a son of a carpenter 2000 years ago could walk on liquid water original.gif

regardless of what you think, there is something fishy going on.

When we look at the phenomena as a whole, we realize that some strange lights do exist in the sky, they make little to no noise, they exhibit un-human flight characteristics and they are similar in how they (the lights) conduct themselves.

This cannot be argued, because we do have evidence of these lights existing in the form of video footage and credible eye-witness accounts.

many nations have recently de-classified their own versions of project blue book and what we see is a recurring unexplained phenomena with many similarities.

we cannot discount the possibility of extra-terrestrial visitors.

We cannot discount the possibility that these lights are natural... BUT that means we MUST discount the video and credible sightings of metallic objects seen in day light... which we cannot do.

the fact we have seen metallic objects, and recorded metallic objects via video and photography means one of three things... they are fake... they are secret military aircraft... or they are non-human craft.

The possibility of these metallic craft being fake is low because there is an abundance of witnesses and video which are unrelated... there are credible witnesses such as scientists, piolts, military personel and respected private citizens.

So we are left with two...

One of these videos I have seen myself was taken by a private citizen and shows a metallic "orb" hovering motionless in the sky... let it be known that there are many other unrelated videos and accounts of these metallic orbs from all over the world... now, this orb hovered motionless, then sped off in one direction at such a speed it was only recorded doing so on 2 frames of the video tape... such a maneuver would crush any occupant according to our understanding of physics... therefore I cannot conclude that this object was man-made and I do not believe we are capable of reproducing such a craft.

but that will be left up to debate.

all we know is that we the public are left wondering what our gov't isn't telling us... I mean the american gov't because this technology could only be created by them... and I must say most other gov'ts have released documents saying they have no idea where these objects are coming from and they do not discount the possibility of an extra-terrestrial source.

Are you serious STIX!

An open mind is a greate thing,but an open mind is also like an open window...without a good screen you'll get all sorts of weird bugs!

What STIX and all hard-core flying saucer believers have to realize is that "UFOs" are unidentified objects, nothing more, and to successfully promote an ET component one needs to provide irrefutable proof, not just "reports," bad analogies, and rhetoric. no.gif

How can you first say that you havent seen a UFO, then say what shape a UFO is suppose to have, that doesnt make any sense at all.

lol, you misinterpreted what I meant. I meant i havent seen one with my own eyes, like i havent seen one in the sky when im out and about or whatever. Of course i've seen them on the Internet or TV.

UFOs exist, no need to doubt that, what UFOs are on the other hand, that is the real question.

When i say UFO I specifically mean, "flying saucers" and spherical objects in the sky. As i said, i havent seen one with my own eyes, but i still think there is something(s) out there that has its attention on earth. I also agree there is something fishy going on though.

You"think"there is something..?..dont you mean that YOU WISH! happy.gif

Edited by DEBUNKER

Do you wish there is intelligent life out there? Looking at it from another point of view, it would be sad to think that there is only intelligent life on planet earth. Considering the fact that this plant has been around for millions and millions of years, whos to say that somewhere else in the universe, some other life hasnt excelled our own intelligent and has been able to create aircrafts such as the ones people think they see in the skies.

alien.gif

When i say UFO I specifically mean, "flying saucers" and spherical objects in the sky. As i said, i havent seen one with my own eyes, but i still think there is something(s) out there that has its attention on earth. I also agree there is something fishy going on though.

816469[/snapback]

Then say flying saucer or spaceship, dont use the term UFO which is something completely diffirent, if the UFO phenomena ever is going to be taken serious then you people who use the term in the wrong way have to stop doing that.

Whether or not there is life on other planets in the universe has nothing, Nothing to do with UFO, nothing, two completely diffirent subjects. I personally is 110% sure there is life in the universe besides us here on Earth, but I dont think they are coming here.

Do you wish there is intelligent life out there? Looking at it from another point of view, it would be sad to think that there is only intelligent life on planet earth. Considering the fact that this plant has been around for millions and millions of years, whos to say that somewhere else in the universe, some other life hasnt excelled our own intelligent and has been able to create aircrafts such as the ones people think they see in the skies.

alien.gif

816585[/snapback]

This has nothing to do with the UFO phenomena, the existence of life elsewhere is in no way at all related to UFOs.

alien.gif

816585[/snapback]

There is quite a strech between life elswere in the universe,and alien ships on Earth.

Pilots, astronauts, and others with experienced eyes and impressive credentials have all claimed to see odd craft in the skies. It’s safe to say that these witnesses have seen something.

But just because you don’t recognize an aerial phenomenon doesn’t mean that it’s an extraterrestrial visitor.

That requires additional evidence that, so far, seems to be as unconvincing as the trickery-free saucer snaps.

Alot of good posts people, I totaly agree with what Pannkakskungen and DEBUNKER are saying thumbsup.gif

Why thank you original.gif

A question about yer avatar indeed, is that your flying bat/dog?