Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin Performance Helps McCain

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 12:17 AM, said:

No..It hasn't.

And what does a 'community leader' actually do to warrant running the US?

I think it is a little more civic than being a part owner in a MLB team or hawking oil wells to people.

Edited by SoCrazes, 05 October 2008 - 06:08 PM.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#47    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

AROCES on Oct 5 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

Most thought Biden will slam her and it was a mismatch.
Didn't happen,so that makes Palin the winner.

So, what you're saying is that any Joe6Pack or former beauty queen wannabe would've won the debate against Biden if they didn't answer the question and because they were the underdog?  Biden didn't slam "Failin Paylin", though he could've on several occassions, because it would've made him look worse.  It was clear that she lost the debate, she just didn't screw it up.  

What really entertains me is how the paylin people say the liberal press is out to get her on a "gotcha moment."  Welcome to big time politics lady...endure the heat or get out.  Don't cry about how the media grills politicians...that was part of the game before she entered the arena. Also, there will be many instances when a President or VP must have to act quickly in critical situations.  Is she going to cry about a "gotcha moment" if she makes the wrong decsions or uses the wrong words then? Get real, this lady is way over her head.  She does have a heckuva wink though.  wink2.gif

Edited by SoCrazes, 05 October 2008 - 06:22 PM.

#48    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

SoCrazes on Oct 5 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

I think it is a little more civic than being a part owner in a MLB team or hawking oil wells to people.

Why does Bush have to be drawn into EVERY thread here on UM?? It really diminishes the whole thing along with the Dem position in that it's the only thing that you guys have to retaliate with and/or harp about.   Bush has nothing to do with this. This thread is about the current election schematic. Come hell or high water, Bush is unemployed in a few months.

/weak...
//besides, I'm a Libertarian.  Use that rhetoric on someone else...

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 06:31 PM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#49    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:34 PM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 06:25 PM, said:

Why does Bush have to be drawn into EVERY thread here on UM?? It really diminishes the whole thing along with the Dem position in that it's the only thing that you guys have to retaliate with and/or harp about.   Bush has nothing to do with this. This thread is about Palin and Obama.

/weak...
//besides, I'm a Libertarian.  Use that rhetoric on someone else...

Duh! We are talking about the presidential position aren't we?  Just for your information, we are specifically discussing how Palin's performance is helping McCain win the presidency.  BTW, Bush is the current president and therefore a viable benchmark to compare anyother candidates.  I'm an Independent Pedestrian and I don't like people, Libertarians or otherwise, trying monopolize a thread with their viewpoints only.

#50    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

• yesterday is today, when you look back tomorrow

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

SoCrazes on Oct 5 2008, 01:21 PM, said:

So, what you're saying is that any Joe6Pack or former beauty queen wannabe would've won the debate against Biden if they didn't answer the question and because they were the underdog?  Biden didn't slam "Failin Paylin", though he could've on several occassions, because it would've made him look worse.  It was clear that she lost the debate, she just didn't screw it up.  

What really entertains me is how the paylin people say the liberal press is out to get her on a "gotcha moment."  Welcome to big time politics lady...endure the heat or get out.  Don't cry about how the media grills politicians...that was part of the game before she entered the arena. Also, there will be many instances when a President or VP must have to act quickly in critical situations.  Is she going to cry about a "gotcha moment" if she makes the wrong decsions or uses the wrong words then? Get real, this lady is way over her head.  She does have a heckuva wink though.  wink2.gif

is there no media in alaska.  she did run  for office there and win.  so surely she has had the heat.  but as for over her head well  she is cute anyways

#51    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

Besides the fact that Bush was Guv'nah of Texas as well (you forgot that part)...

SoCrazes on Oct 5 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

Duh! We are talking about the presidential position aren't we?

Nope.  The upcoming election to obtain the presidential position.  The two are exclusive of each other.

Just for your information, we are specifically discussing how Palin's performance is helping McCain win the presidency.

So how does Bush fit in?? (see below).

BTW, Bush is the current president and therefore a viable benchmark to compare anyother candidates.

Not for an upcoming election in which he will invariably be displaced.  Bush is a dope..Granted.  But linking McCain/Palin with Bush is no more valid than innuendo's that would be linking Clinton's sexual escapades to Al Gore's morality after Clinton's 8 years in office.

I'm an Independent Pedestrian and I don't like people, Libertarians or otherwise, trying monopolize a thread with their viewpoints only.

Just because I (and everyone else) state(s) my/their opinions does not a monopoly make.  It's a public forum. As long as they don't break forum rules, you, me and everyone else will have to deal with the other dissenting opinions.

If it were only one sided, it wouldn't be worth visiting now would it?  original.gif

/I'm just annoyed that Bush is brought up way too much in threads, in order to make mere cheap shots. (Therefore diluting the entire thread)

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 08:54 PM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#52    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:52 PM

I think Palin has made the election close. I think Bush, the economy and no ideas from McCain sure hurt his chances, it wouldn't matter who the vp pick was

#53    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:56 PM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 06:57 PM, said:

Just because I (and everyone else) state(s) my/their opinions does not a monopoly make.  It's a public forum. As long as they don't break forum rules, you, me and everyone else will have to deal with the other dissenting opinions.

If it were only one sided, it wouldn't be worth visiting now would it?  original.gif

/I'm just annoyed that Bush is brought up way too much in threads, in order to make mere cheap shots. (Therefore diluting the entire thread)

Why does Bush have to be drawn into EVERY thread here on UM?? It really diminishes the whole thing along with the Dem position in that it's the only thing that you guys have to retaliate with and/or harp about. Bush has nothing to do with this. This thread is about the current election schematic. Come hell or high water, Bush is unemployed in a few months.

/weak...
//besides, I'm a Libertarian. Use that rhetoric on someone else...

Exactly my point, you shouldn't tell people to stop making a reference...it is their right/opinion.  You shouldn't be so offended if somebody makes a reference to a past republican president in comparing a current republican presidential/VP candidate.  BTW, it's not dilution, it simply goes against your agenda; therefore, your upset.  I understand.  A logical individual would show how they are different rather than get hostile and demand others to quit making references to GW Bush or, as you put it, "annoyed."  I'm not Republican, Democrat nor "Libertarian", I'm an Independent Pedestrian.

Edited by SoCrazes, 05 October 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#54    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

wolfieboy on Oct 5 2008, 06:44 PM, said:

is there no media in alaska.  she did run  for office there and win.  so surely she has had the heat.  but as for over her head well  she is cute anyways

You're making me laugh by trying to compare the national and international media with the news stations in Alaska.  The Heat in Alaska?  laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users