Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Trayvon...A lesson for all Americans

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_3585911.html

Why is the liberal press profiling George Zimmerman as a racist?  Obviously George was found not guilty of a crime.  Why does the liberal press not report that Trayvon was committing a crime against George?

Trayvon was suspended from school just days before he was shot.  He was caught possessing marijuana at school.  His phone contained photos of him smoking pot and videos of street fights he recorded.  When you think of Chicago, this is what comes to mind, a culture of criminals, drug dealers, gang members and constant violence.

As Geraldo points out, if you dress like a criminal, act like a criminal, you will be profiled as a criminal.  When are the young americans in this country going to get the message?

#2    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

POPULAR

View PostPyridium, on 15 July 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Why is the liberal press profiling George Zimmerman as a racist?  Obviously George was found not guilty of a crime.  Why does the liberal press not report that Trayvon was committing a crime against George?

Trayvon was suspended from school just days before he was shot.  He was caught possessing marijuana at school.  His phone contained photos of him smoking pot and videos of street fights he recorded.  When you think of Chicago, this is what comes to mind, a culture of criminals, drug dealers, gang members and constant violence.

As Geraldo points out, if you dress like a criminal, act like a criminal, you will be profiled as a criminal.  When are the young americans in this country going to get the message?

I was one suspended from school. I once smoked pot and thought fighting was 'cool'. Are you calling me a criminal? Growing up in any era is a difficult process, we all make mistakes, and some people get involved in the wrong things when they are too young to understand the consequences those things could have.

That being said, the fact is that Trayvon was not doing anything wrong at the time. He had no drugs on him, he was not carrying a weapon.

How would you feel if someone just started following you when you were walking back from the gas station? Trayvon had no right to attack Zimmerman, but Zimmerman also had no reason to follow Trayvon. Millions of young people wear baggy clothes and hoodies and it does not make them criminals, nor does it give any cause to creepily follow them around. There are no winners in this case. A kid is dead, and a man has to live with the fact that he shot a kid who was unarmed, and not only that but got his ass kicked by the kid first after he was told by dispatchers not to follow him. He was profiled based on how he looked, whether it was his clothes, the color of his skin, the way he was walking, or a combination, it was still profiling, and it was profiling conducted by a man who was not a police officer and had no business profiling him in the first place.

A neighborhood watch is just that a watch. You call the police and report suspicious activity, you do not follow people around while carrying a loaded weapon.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Between victim identity and white guilt we have a country so dysfunctional on race issues that it's a wonder we haven't had a civil war yet.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,974 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 15 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I was one suspended from school. I once smoked pot and thought fighting was 'cool'. Are you calling me a criminal? Growing up in any era is a difficult process, we all make mistakes, and some people get involved in the wrong things when they are too young to understand the consequences those things could have.

That being said, the fact is that Trayvon was not doing anything wrong at the time. He had no drugs on him, he was not carrying a weapon.

How would you feel if someone just started following you when you were walking back from the gas station? Trayvon had no right to attack Zimmerman, but Zimmerman also had no reason to follow Trayvon. Millions of young people wear baggy clothes and hoodies and it does not make them criminals, nor does it give any cause to creepily follow them around. There are no winners in this case. A kid is dead, and a man has to live with the fact that he shot a kid who was unarmed, and not only that but got his ass kicked by the kid first after he was told by dispatchers not to follow him. He was profiled based on how he looked, whether it was his clothes, the color of his skin, the way he was walking, or a combination, it was still profiling, and it was profiling conducted by a man who was not a police officer and had no business profiling him in the first place.

A neighborhood watch is just that a watch. You call the police and report suspicious activity, you do not follow people around while carrying a loaded weapon.
So when Trayvon became so angry that he decided he was going to beat Z down, it became Z's responsibility to just allow that?  You are correct that Z caused the situation to begin with, imo.  He did NOT cause Trayvon to act like anything other than what Trayvon WANTED to act like.   He was an angry teen with an attitude against any authority and it got him killed.  I'm sure that happens in Chicago DAILY.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 15 July 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

No. But neither do you jump people, break their noses, and bash their head in the pavement. Are you sure that if you were at the receiving end of this and had a gun, you would not use it? OK, I take your word for it... But really, how long do you want to run around this circle?

The only thing that is 100% proven here is that the MEDIA turned this into a race issue with their biased and often outright fabricated reporting.

Edited by Zaphod222, 15 July 2013 - 05:27 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

The question I have is...why does the MSM continue to spew rhetoric about "white on black" crime?  Zimmerman is not white.

I am sure he is thinking "How ironic is this shiz"...He probably had to endure a certain amount of racism and prejudice throughout his life because he is Hispanic/Latino and now...suddenly...he's a white guy.  I can't even imagine how that must feel to him.

Many people are trying to draw something bigger out of this, trying to give it meaning...and I am afraid there is nothing here but tragedy.  Tragedy that a young man lost his life and tragedy for the mind and soul of the man that took it.  There is nothing here but pain.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 15 July 2013 - 05:42 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#7    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,153 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have a question?

I havnt been following this case all that closely, but isn't it a crime to stalk someone? To me this seems like its 2 people who where in the wrong place at the wrong time. One trying to get some place and ended up being targeted by a man who mistook him for a trouble maker.

Was race involved? Probably, you have a fenced off community where a hooded young black youth is entering. One of the residents thought that was suspicious and it ended up with a fight where the winner was the one with a gun.

In many regards both sides this was a case of self defence.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Geraldo also said Z would dodge a murder conviction because the nearly all white jury would probably have killed M too.  What a racist comment to make by the conservative press.

#9    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostThanato, on 15 July 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

I have a question?

I havnt been following this case all that closely, but isn't it a crime to stalk someone? To me this seems like its 2 people who where in the wrong place at the wrong time. One trying to get some place and ended up being targeted by a man who mistook him for a trouble maker.

Was race involved? Probably, you have a fenced off community where a hooded young black youth is entering. One of the residents thought that was suspicious and it ended up with a fight where the winner was the one with a gun.

In many regards both sides this was a case of self defence.

Stalking is against the law. However in Florida stalking is defined as: "Any person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking"

Tthe question is did Z's actions quailify as stalking? Was it willful? I believe it was. Was it malicious? I don't know, I mean how do you follow someone maliciously? Did he do it repeatedly? I don't think so, at least I haven't seen or heard any references to a previous occurance. I'm of the opinion that Z was not guilty of stalking according to Florida law, but then I'm not a lawyer.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#10    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I just can't take Geraldo seriously.. This is the guy that did Capones vault and was one of the originators of trash TV.

#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,156 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostBama13, on 15 July 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

I'm of the opinion that Z was not guilty of stalking according to Florida law, but then I'm not a lawyer.

Neither am I but I sure find it funny how most of my Facebook friends suddenly got Harvard degrees overnight. :w00t:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#12    Pyridium

Pyridium

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Stalking...no.  Z never got out of his car until the dispatcher asked him what Trayvon was doing.  Z walked down the sidewalk when the dispatcher asked if Z was following Trayvon.  Z said YES.  Dispatcher said you do not need to do that.  Z said ok and started walking back to his car.  Zimmerman did nothing wrong, he was doing the neighbor watch.

On the other hand, Trayvon had 4 minutes to walk 30 yards and enter the house he was staying at.  Trayvon decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman.  There was no need for Trayvon to punch Z.  Trayvon assaulted Z and that was a crime.

As the defense lawyer said in closing argument...following anyone just to keep an eye on them is NOT against the law.

#13    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostPyridium, on 15 July 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Stalking...no.  Z never got out of his car until the dispatcher asked him what Trayvon was doing.  Z walked down the sidewalk when the dispatcher asked if Z was following Trayvon.  Z said YES.  Dispatcher said you do not need to do that.  Z said ok and started walking back to his car.  Zimmerman did nothing wrong, he was doing the neighbor watch.

On the other hand, Trayvon had 4 minutes to walk 30 yards and enter the house he was staying at.  Trayvon decided to circle back and confront Zimmerman.  There was no need for Trayvon to punch Z.  Trayvon assaulted Z and that was a crime.

As the defense lawyer said in closing argument...following anyone just to keep an eye on them is NOT against the law.

That's the part I can't understand.

When I first heard about this story, way back when it happened, I was upset that Zimmerman was not arrested or charged.

But, as the facts have come out, and largely been corraborated, his story seems to be the real version.  It seems to me, any rational person would acquit Zimmerman of the charges.  And the 12 jurors that were selected by both the Prosecution and Defense did.

Are the people who are angry not paying attention?

#14    Heru

Heru

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostPyridium, on 15 July 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Yes there was a reason for him to punch him.   He was Fn following him.  Why would you run inside your home so the stalker knows where you live. Different cultures different ways of looking at things.

If you see a while guy at night following you  hes either a rapist or a serial killer.  Why do you think if someones eaten or a kid is kidnapped the profile is always a white guy.

White people see black people at night as thugs, well we see white people as serial killers or pedophiles.  Next time I see a white guy around some kids im going to follow him and if he confronts me im shooting him.... lol ya right they would arrest my @55 right there instead of waiting months till the media makes a big stink about it before its investigated.

Everyone always talks about Martin and his violent nature and his drug habits.  Yet I see no one every brings up Z's drug usage and his many troubles with violence. But its okay his dad was a judge.  And yet cause of all the bs racial politics in this case no one ever bother to look at the facts.  

I realy wish it didnt turn into a white on black bs. If they were the same color I think it would have been handled differently.

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Postsupervike, on 15 July 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

That's the part I can't understand.

When I first heard about this story, way back when it happened, I was upset that Zimmerman was not arrested or charged.

But, as the facts have come out, and largely been corraborated, his story seems to be the real version.  It seems to me, any rational person would acquit Zimmerman of the charges.  And the 12 jurors that were selected by both the Prosecution and Defense did.

Are the people who are angry not paying attention?
I was the same way when it first happened but the more I found out my opinion changed.  The press causes a lot of this in their lust for headlines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users