Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Mine is Back

CyberKen

yay, fake shows

• Like 5

yay, fake shows

Yeah I wanted to say that but then I would say that about some of the evidence presented here.

• Like 2

I caught part of this episode and the only thing I can confirm with utmost certainty is that the folks running this mine have to be the stupidest idiots ever presented on TV. Certainly candidates for the Darwin awards. Even back in the days when the mine was started they knew enough to not be in an unstable mine when using dynamite! After seeing this I lost all interest.

I was initially interested in this show given that the premise was new and different, but it quickly became clear that the show was scripted. And not only that, but the folks in it are horrible actors. You'll know what I mean if you watch the episode from the first season when the little girl "disappears".

Some other tidbits;

The redhead is not a "ghost hunter", she's an actress. She has a couple B movie credits and was even in one of the early Girls Gone Wild offerings.

The guy is a pretty well known ghost skeptic that had a short lived show. He also had a skeptic blog that went after all of the other ghost shows. Conveniently, this blog disappeared about the time Ghost Mine premiered - but you can still find bits and pieces of it if you look.

There have also been questions raised by a couple politicians in the town about whether or not they're even working in the mine they claim to be working. One woman says that they film 90 miles away.

And if you're really interested, go and snoop around some mining or treasure hunting forums and see what those guys are saying about their methods and safety practices.

• Like 2

I was initially interested in this show given that the premise was new and different, but it quickly became clear that the show was scripted. And not only that, but the folks in it are horrible actors. You'll know what I mean if you watch the episode from the first season when the little girl "disappears".

Some other tidbits;

The redhead is not a "ghost hunter", she's an actress. She has a couple B movie credits and was even in one of the early Girls Gone Wild offerings.

The guy is a pretty well known ghost skeptic that had a short lived show. He also had a skeptic blog that went after all of the other ghost shows. Conveniently, this blog disappeared about the time Ghost Mine premiered - but you can still find bits and pieces of it if you look.

There have also been questions raised by a couple politicians in the town about whether or not they're even working in the mine they claim to be working. One woman says that they film 90 miles away.

And if you're really interested, go and snoop around some mining or treasure hunting forums and see what those guys are saying about their methods and safety practices.

The mine is just north of Sumpter, Oregon. You can clearly see the green shacks that the miners live in. Use Google Earth.

The new and improved rover looks pretty good. It has a robotic arm on it.

The EVP session got a "Yes." when they asked a question.

It looks like the Freemasons were there first. They left because of the ghosts. - Tommyknockers -

• Like 1

I caught part of this episode and the only thing I can confirm with utmost certainty is that the folks running this mine have to be the stupidest idiots ever presented on TV. Certainly candidates for the Darwin awards. Even back in the days when the mine was started they knew enough to not be in an unstable mine when using dynamite! After seeing this I lost all interest.

Don't use dynamite? What should they use?

It was an interesting premise considering the folklore and real life danger that surrounds mining, but the lost girl episode from last season killed it for me. It was just too blatently staged for me to suspend my disbelief.

It was an interesting premise considering the folklore and real life danger that surrounds mining, but the lost girl episode from last season killed it for me. It was just too blatently staged for me to suspend my disbelief.

My guess is that they find even more gold this year. I think they will all take home about $100,000 this year.

They know the gold is there. The EVPs prove spirits are there.

Some other tidbits;

Go on...

The mine is just north of Sumpter, Oregon. You can clearly see the green shacks that the miners live in. Use Google Earth.

The new and improved rover looks pretty good. It has a robotic arm on it.

The EVP session got a "Yes." when they asked a question.

It looks like the Freemasons were there first. They left because of the ghosts. - Tommyknockers -

Yes, that is the Crescent mine. But Leanne Woolf, councilwoman in Sumpter claims that they are actually filming in the Buckeye mines about 6 miles away near Bourne. Not 90, but I was going on memory.

I wonder if the EVP was as scripted as the rest of the show?

Yes, that is the Crescent mine. But Leanne Woolf, councilwoman in Sumpter claims that they are actually filming in the Buckeye mines about 6 miles away near Bourne. Not 90, but I was going on memory.

I wonder if the EVP was as scripted as the rest of the show?

Last season they followed 3 granite stones next to their mine. That is where they found high grade "Cadillac Gold".

The Freemasons hid the entrance back in 1890 but they found it.

Last season they followed 3 granite stones next to their mine. That is where they found high grade "Cadillac Gold".

I notice you approve of EVP, May I ask why?

Evps are so easy to tamper with, any one can do it with little to no knowledge.

Also evps are so bad since the hard where i seen people use is cheap and they are terrible for proper sound recording.

Follow more, People forget who says what during an investigation, I mutter under my breath often and i wouldn't be shocked if a recorder picked it up or at least fragments of it.

• Like 1

Yes, I watched it.

Indiana Jones also found the Lost Ark after the Nazis had stolen it and were attempting to open it.

• Like 2

I notice you approve of EVP, May I ask why?

Evps are so easy to tamper with, any one can do it with little to no knowledge.

Also evps are so bad since the hard where i seen people use is cheap and they are terrible for proper sound recording.

Follow more, People forget who says what during an investigation, I mutter under my breath often and i wouldn't be shocked if a recorder picked it up or at least fragments of it.

The EVP Solution has worked for decades.

Ghost Hunters has communicated with intelligent spirits all of the time.

Technology is catching up. Soon the barrier will fall altogether. Then we will have real time communication with ghosts and even demons.

It turns out that both are vulnerable.

The EVP Solution has worked for decades.

Ghost Hunters has communicated with intelligent spirits all of the time.

Technology is catching up. Soon the barrier will fall altogether. Then we will have real time communication with ghosts and even demons.

It turns out that both are vulnerable.

clearly you are ignoring my statement that evp can be easily fake and you are ignoring that they are relying on ratings and grant has been caught tampering eith evidence
  • Like 3

This show is a sham and I hate it when they do things like this to cheapen and denigrate the rest of the shows that are trying to be credible. Don't look for it to last long. They might as well have chosen the name "Haunted Mayonaisse Jars" for the longevity of the topic. The boredom.... "here we are at another mine shaft"..

It's just sad.

This show is a sham and I hate it when they do things like this to cheapen and denigrate the rest of the shows that are trying to be credible. Don't look for it to last long. They might as well have chosen the name "Haunted Mayonaisse Jars" for the longevity of the topic. The boredom.... "here we are at another mine shaft"..

It's just sad.

It is a well known fact that mines are often haunted. It's so common that miners gave us the term Tommyknockers.

The paranormal investigators are doing a great job. They follow the same methods as Ghost Hunters.

We will all eventually die and our bodies will give up the ghost and return to heaven or remain here on Earth.

I recommend returning to heaven to receive your Life Review.

Our bodies come and go but our eternal spirits are just that eternal.

I think we're all missing the real story here: The redhead was in Girls Gone Wild.

The red head is there for the ratings.

clearly you are ignoring my statement that evp can be easily fake and you are ignoring that they are relying on ratings and grant has been caught tampering eith evidence

So....ALL EVPs are fake?

I disagree.

She isn't knock out gorgeous or anything, but she's a redhead.

so, i can set any ones head on fire and they be a red head... for a few second at least.

• Like 2

Don't use dynamite? What should they use?

Duh, You're going to stand in a mine with thousands of tons of dirt and rock (very unstable) over your head when setting off dynamite? Must be the same people that stand over a firework when lighting it. YouTube is full of these folks.

Edited by Kahn