Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Sorcerers on here? Purpose of Sorcery ?

LostSouls7

Are there any Sorcerers on here? What is it all about?

What is the purpose of Sorcery ?

It's an attempt to control the uncontrollable...

• Like 1

manifesting with intent

• Like 3

Ensorcelment!, casting suggestive innuendo's, strong intent and desires to achieve empathetic control of a subject is my guess...a bit different from magicians, witches and warlocks...

• Like 1

I think of myself as a witch/sorceress in sort of an metaphorical way I guess.... My "sorcery" is otherwise known as atheism and scientific rationalism ^_^ haha

• Like 2

I'm a wizard with words. :innocent::whistle:

Seriously though, people who are practicing sorcery have usually tried everything else and are trying to control their lives/environment and they are willing to deal with evil, or the alien to get that control. A successful sorcerer is one that first educates himself, prepares himself, and protects himself. Not educating, preparing or protecting is just going to hurt yourself more then anyone else.

• Like 1

To add flavor to your food, chips and ketchup is a good combination.. :whistle:

• Like 9

To give adults more opportunity to live in a fantasy world.

• Like 5

To put it simple it's all about getting what you want. A modern take on this is someone who's extremely adept a persuasion. Manipulating emotions through words and body language just to get you to do what they want. Toss in some superstition (like to old days) and you can get pretty much what you want. In today's world we call them politicians, businessmen, lawyers, and religious leaders.

• Like 7

The external universe mirrors the internal universe. Change what goes on in your mind and you change your reality.

• Like 1

The external universe mirrors the internal universe. Change what goes on in your mind and you change your reality.

There's a difference between objective and subjective reality :innocent:

I'm a wizard with the ladies.

HAHAHAHA If really think that you have obviously been bewitched by a sorceress and will end up as the wickerman at some point.

Sorcery is just another word for focusing on intent to manifest your will, usually through ceremonial magic.

• Like 2

I`m a witch with the men, wanna meet up?

ugly-witch.jpg

• Like 7

Does a 32nd Degree Mason and a Knight Templar count?

• Like 1

I`m a witch with the men, wanna meet up?

ugly-witch.jpg

The universe couldn't handle the convergence of such power. Best we stay in different hemispheres for the sake of us all.

• Like 6

The universe couldn't handle the convergence of such power. Best we stay in different hemispheres for the sake of us all.

You don`t like apples, is that it?

• Like 2

Don't know what you mean or are implying by using the quaint, old-fashioned word 'sorcery' but 'magick' certainly works.

The 'point' of it is to effect change or achieve a desired effect in something you cannot influence any more by 'ordinary' means. I recently succeeded in overturning a legal decision which everyone assured me was final & could not be changed. Out of the blue, a letter arrived overturning the previous outcome with out any further intervention from myself or my representatives/advisors. They informed me this was literally unheard of in such circumstances.

In my younger days I employed such methods thoughtlessly & without due regard for the consequences, some of which resulted in seriously negative outcomes and in one instance, near fatality.

Magick undoubtedly works but as the old addage says 'be careful what you wish for - you might get it!'

• Like 1

Don't know what you mean or are implying by using the quaint, old-fashioned word 'sorcery' but 'magick' certainly works.

The 'point' of it is to effect change or achieve a desired effect in something you cannot influence any more by 'ordinary' means. I recently succeeded in overturning a legal decision which everyone assured me was final & could not be changed. Out of the blue, a letter arrived overturning the previous outcome with out any further intervention from myself or my representatives/advisors. They informed me this was literally unheard of in such circumstances.

In my younger days I employed such methods thoughtlessly & without due regard for the consequences, some of which resulted in seriously negative outcomes and in one instance, near fatality.

Magick undoubtedly works but as the old addage says 'be careful what you wish for - you might get it!'

So is there a difference between sorcery and magick, apart from the spelling?

The flying variety?

Alright Harry Potter quit playing with your wand, you'll get more than an expecto patronum if you don't. lol

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

So is there a difference between sorcery and magick, apart from the spelling?

To me, magick is rather more rigid and codified, where sorcery is instinctual and more visceral.

Where two mages may follow the same ritual and process for a spell, no two sorcerers will, even if the end result is similar.

I've heard from some of the occult circles I follow that magicians work through faith and sorcerers channel their emotions.

• Like 2

There is very little difference between magick and self-help techniques. Rituals are basically just glitzed up affirmations. Channeling emotions into the act let's the intent sink into the subconscious/deep mind easier. Same with using sigils or sacred mantras. I believe in a collective unconsciousness, so what I think happens through a metaphysical act is that you can subtly influence others to bring about the change you desire. Hollywood, comic books, and novels make magick out to be some earth shattering demon summoning power. The only "real" demons you work with are the darker aspects of yourself. Which is why I call them mind phantoms.

• Like 4