Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whats is Demonologist?

kemperhill13

I keep seeing this term (Demonologist) used again and again in the post. When I Google the word, it appears that it is only a ghost hunter. Any further information or links to sites to help explain would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• Barek Halfhand

• Please Explain

• bkroll1

I keep seeing this term (Demonologist) used again and again in the post. When I Google the word, it appears that it is only a ghost hunter. Any further information or links to sites to help explain would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Hi Kemp, I am sending you an email right now on that information. JN

A Demonologist is simply a person with knowledge about demons - Some of them, but not all, performs exorcisms.

Why dont you just post your reply in public like everybody else???

Edited by Tigers Man

linked-image

and away we go....b

halfhandshuffle:war ensemble

Edited by Barek Halfhand

A Demonologist is simply a person with knowledge about demons - Some of them, but not all, performs exorcisms.

Why dont you just post your reply in public like everybody else???

Because I am emailing with this person who needs help, no one else here is in need. Every individual has the right to remain anonymous as does his referral till he chooses to post it, then fine by me. Demonolgists in the US do indeed perform exorcisms. They dont just have "knowledge" they are trained and regulated by the Church.

and away we go....

halfhandshuffle:s-war ensemble

I was about to post the information until I was "baited" so sending information via email..JN-- :blink:

Demonolgy is a well-known field of study. There are even college professors who are demonologists. It's like the study of folklore. They are usually in the department of anthropology.

Most demonologists are academics, or writers. Very few of them are professional ghost hunters or exorcists, or anything like that -- although some are.

But, basically, demonology is not unlike the study of fairies, or mythical figures -- I think the Catholic Church recognizes demonology as a legitimate field of study for priest or other church figures.

Their is another field of study called "Angelology" in which people study angel lore. It's simply a field of interest with alot fo information and deep traditions from a variety of sources, both secular and nonsecular.

Because I am emailing with this person who needs help, no one else here is in need. Every individual has the right to remain anonymous as does his referral till he chooses to post it, then fine by me. Demonolgists in the US do indeed perform exorcisms. They dont just have "knowledge" they are trained and regulated by the Church.

Oh I see - Everytime I ask you a question I am "batiting" you - Well it seems that you also are misinformed about demonologists - NOT ALL (not even in US) are performing exorsisms and ghosthunts - And the OP asked in public, thats why I dont understand your need to answer in private.

Demonolgy is a well-known field of study.

If you emailed that information to me then i posted it myself.

You reckon they are going to accept it? lol

very nice answer anyways.

Oh I see - Everytime I ask you a question I am "batiting" you - Well it seems that you also are misinformed about demonologists - NOT ALL (not even in US) are performing exorsisms and ghosthunts - And the OP asked in public, thats why I dont understand your need to answer in private.

Makes you wonder doesnt it? LOL.. :whistle:

For those of you interested look up Adam Blaigh, he's is a great demologist & he can educate those that are looking for answers. According to him you can't become a demonologist, you have to be chosen.

Hello everyone!

Demonology Websters http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demonology

1 : the study of demons or evil spirits

2 : belief in demons : a doctrine of evil spirits

3 : a catalog of enemies <the liberal creed at that time put Big Business in a central place in its demonology -- Carl Kaysen>

Demonologist n. One who writes on, or is versed in, demonology.

[ Webster] http://www.conceptexplore.com/xml_files/ht...n_Demurely.html

There you go!

Mabon.

So, what about "demonocracy". Is it even a real word? (There's a song by Muse, Assassin, in which this word is used "destroy demonocracy"). Does it even have anything to do with demons, or is it just Matt Bellamy being odd again?

there IS a demonology or exorcism "department" or "council" within the vatican...am I wrong?... (or part wrong :blink: )....b

halfhandshuffle:Drowing Pool-Tear away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGn5MH0hmJE

I dont know if its considered a Department but they do recognize religous Demonology, however with that said, the Demonologist works under a Bishop from the Vatican and gets approval to perform a personal or home exorcism. They dont take this lightly, and it has to be known that is actually Demonic in nature. They cant just go to someone's house after one phone call and perform any kind of exorcism, it's a very grueling process that we go through just in order to get the Demologist to come out to the location. There are others who are considered Exorcists or Demonologists, but there are only a few Religious Demonologists in the United States, so people have options, if they choose. JN== :yes:

I dont know if its considered a Department but they do recognize religous Demonology, however with that said, the Demonologist works under a Bishop from the Vatican and gets approval to perform a personal or home exorcism. They dont take this lightly, and it has to be known that is actually Demonic in nature. They cant just go to someone's house after one phone call and perform any kind of exorcism, it's a very grueling process that we go through just in order to get the Demologist to come out to the location. There are others who are considered Exorcists or Demonologists, but there are only a few Religious Demonologists in the United States, so people have options, if they choose. JN== :yes:

To All That Replied to the Post.

Thank you.

KH

To All That Replied to the Post.

Thank you.

KH

I didn't reply to your post, although it was very good, but if i had I would say your welcome.... :)

I didn't reply to your post, although it was very good, but if i had I would say your welcome.... :)

At least you're polite.. :rofl:

Actually there are MANY relegious demonologists ALSO in US from other church societies than the Catholic - The Catholic church dont have a monopoly on demonolgists and exorsism, even though they have the longest tradition, becource they are the oldest Church-society!!!

Demnologists and exorsists can be found in traditional protestantic churches, in baptists, pentacostal and most charismatic churches.

Edited by Tigers Man

At least you're polite.. :rofl:

My mom taught me good... :sk