Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Door To Hell

Supernatural Hunter

In derweze 35 years ago a company was drilling for gas and when they found it there was to much so they thought to light it up and let it burn out so they lit it up in 1971 and it has been burning ever since and it hasn't gone out even once even during a storm it didn't go out so local's and priest's all around the world call it the door to hell or the gate to hell what do you think?

Here's a pic-

11654672.jpg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supernatural Hunter

• Serpentskull

• TheBloom

• WoIverine

I love Photoshop.

Its not photoshopped have a look its all over the web

....yeah never ending smoldering apperntly a fissure or large collection of natural gas gathered over thousands of year I bet...

Edited by Serpentskull

....yeah never ending smoldering apperntly a fissure or large collection of natural gas gathered over thousands of year I bet...

Yeah probably but sciencetist's don't even know what to make of it they say it should have been out 15-20 years ago? could it actually be a way to hell?

Yeah probably but sciencetist's don't even know what to make of it they say it should have been out 15-20 years ago? could it actually be a way to hell?

Maybe or the mantle is really thin the only that I can think of is lava you can even see it on a satelite .....unless there's apirtions coming out of it or demons I'm not sure..or it's a really really volitile gas though I doubt that aswell

No. The Bible only describes Hell as "Separation from God". Christianity traditionally doesn't teach the fire & brimstone concept. In The Bible, it states that it is a place for Satan and his angels. It was distorted over time by governments for fear-mongering to be a place of eternal hellfire and suffering. In addition, Hell is considered a spiritual realm.

I'm not a Christian, but I know enough about it to understand that, either way you slice it, that isn't Hell.

Maybe or the mantle is really thin the only that I can think of is lava you can even see it on a satelite .....unless there's apirtions coming out of it or demons I'm not sure..or it's a really really volitile gas though I doubt that aswell

Yeah i guess anything is possible including hell

No. The Bible only describes Hell as "Separation from God". Christianity traditionally doesn't teach the fire & brimstone concept. In The Bible, it states that it is a place for Satan and his angels. It was distorted over time by governments for fear-mongering to be a place of eternal hellfire and suffering. In addition, Hell is considered a spiritual realm.

I'm not a Christian, but I know enough about it to understand that, either way you slice it, that isn't Hell.

Yeah hell is just basically torturing 24/7 and eternity

It's called the Darvaza Crater.

Thank you! I knew I'd heard of that before.

fancy providing a source, as far as I can find scientists dont know how big or how much gas in under that hole and have no idea when it will finish burning.

take the coal fire at burning mountain thats thought to have been burning for 6000 years

Edited by Spend

fancy providing a source, as far as I can find scientists dont know how big or how much gas in under that hole and have no idea when it will finish burning.

take the coal fire at burning mountain thats thought to have been burning for 6000 years

Coal burns for a very long time and we don't know how much coal there is but with gas it runs out after a while

Coal burns for a very long time and we don't know how much coal there is but with gas it runs out after a while

Apparently it's not buring it's flaring methane gases;

img_2531.jpg

Apparently it's not buring it's flaring methane gases;

img_2531.jpg

So do you think there could be any possibilty of it being a way into/out of hell

So do you think there could be any possibilty of it being a way into/out of hell

I found this same as previous but more. anyway I won't be surprised in the least in saying a "hollow earth" theroist will come along eventually to this thread.

btw could be you maybe on to something.

btw could be you maybe on to something.

What do you mean??

If it was indeed a door into hell, then that would mean that hell would have to be an objective physical realm that is found under the surface of the earth. Such a thing would be easily found and proven to exist. Besides, I don't think many people are deluded enough to consider that the hell mentioned in the bible is an actual hot place under the ground, any more than they would think that heaven is a nice little town on top of a cloud.

However, a big old hole in the ground that is constantly on fire is a pretty cool and interesting thing, I'll try and find out more about it.

IMO sullying such a cool and interesting thing with religious hogwash is a bit of a shame...

It would have to be a hell of a gas/coal deposit to light up on the satilete don't you think....

If it was indeed a door into hell, then that would mean that hell would have to be an objective physical realm that is found under the surface of the earth. Such a thing would be easily found and proven to exist. Besides, I don't think many people are deluded enough to consider that the hell mentioned in the bible is an actual hot place under the ground, any more than they would think that heaven is a nice little town on top of a cloud.

However, a big old hole in the ground that is constantly on fire is a pretty cool and interesting thing, I'll try and find out more about it.

IMO sullying such a cool and interesting thing with religious hogwash is a bit of a shame...

Yeah i know but what about that audio tape from russia..(which was not to far from the derweze gas crater)..and yeah on the audio tape there was screams on it and that was 500 metres-1 mile down and that could also never be explained so hell could..COULD..be in the middle of earth remember we have only gone down so far and yeah the i have never heard of something like it until yesterday and i also will do research

P.S. I kinda believe in god i just hope there is something after we take the plunge not just a lightswitch being turned off

It would have to be a hell of a gas/coal deposit to light up on the satilete don't you think....

Yeah its amazing but i think we should either put it out someway and dig deeper see whats under there see if it is hell

This place in Uzbekistan is called by locals "The Door to Hell". It is situated near the small town of Darvaz.

The story of this place lasts already for 35 years. Once the geologists were drilling for gas. Then suddenly during the drilling they have found an underground cavern, it was so big that all the drilling site with all the equipment and camps got deep deep under the ground.

None dared to go down there because the cavern was filled with gas. So they ignited it so that no poisonous gas could come out of the hole, and since then, it's burning, already for 35 years without any pause.

Nobody knows how many tons of excellent gas has been burned for all those years but it just seems to be infinite there.

Offical story

Apperantly OP didn't tell us the whole story and thought that we knew everything this has been ciculating around the internet for some while now

While drilling the world's deepest hole in Siberia, the geologists noticed the drill bit began to rotate abnormally, among other strange happenings, when they reached a depth of ten miles. They measured temperatures up to 2000 degrees at the deepest part, and then lowered a microphone into the pit.

After hearing the sounds of all the suffering souls in hell, they stopped the project in the hope that what is down there will stay down there

http://amightywind.c...hellscreams.mp3

http://www.amightywi...aboutsounds.htm

this is why it's called door to hell....

Edited by Serpentskull

Hell is subjective to the individual, for instance, today is Monday and I drank WAY too much last evening, therefore I'm now trapped in my own private hell....Metaphorically speaking, you understand. As for an actual physical way into hell, I'ma have to go with no.