Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should she be able to fight women?

1. Yes (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No (18 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

3. Not sure (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille rijker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.

I can agree with this in a way some women have even better technique than their male counterparts,but one flush shot by a male can do far more damage to a female than a female can do to a male of the same size and experience.Not trying to offend any women but the chances of a female owning or fighting for a male division belt in boxing or MMA is 0%

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#17    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,947 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 06 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

there are very skilled women out there, but men have a advantage that would be very difficult to over come, perfect example would be guys from different weight classes fighting. BJ penn is a great fighter he just cant hang with the bigger guys in Welter weight, and thats how i would see a female fighter trying to compete in a mens weightclass.

oh absolutely limits of 6:1 levels of testosterone for men come to mind lol

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

I can agree with this in a way some women have even better technique than their male counterparts,but one flush shot by a male can do far more damage to a female than a female can do to a male of the same size and experience.Not trying to offend any women but the chances of a female owning or fighting for a male division belt in boxing or MMA is 0%

agreed.

"When life has you on the ropes, you check if it's hemp ropes. Then maybe you can smoke it and watch anime."

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,634 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

well he does run the biggest organization but quite a few organizations he snatched up were on their dying breath but thats an entirely different discussion :) btw its gina ;) lol. dana eventually came around because of ratings quality of fights and how much people actually wanted it, plus dana flip flops more than any man ive ever seen, gina lost her ticket to being the face of womens mma after she was crushed and exposed, rhonda has something gina never will and thats olympic credentials that and the press LOVES rhonda.

Caught me on my misspelling lol havnt seen her in a bit haha.True gina lost her cred though due to a steroid freak of a woman,almost what any woman would have to abuse to even make contender status.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,947 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Caught me on my misspelling lol havnt seen her in a bit haha.True gina lost her cred though due to a steroid freak of a woman,almost what any woman would have to abuse to even make contender status.

lol i double taked it and said who the **** is gena haha

either way though i think my votes going to stay at not sure one thing i would like to see are testosterone levels and if fallon is on hormone therapy what that would do to her natural testosterone levels during training up to fight time, i know it would be unfair to put someone through more testing than what would be neccesary under other circumstances but this is something that doesnt happen often if at all.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 06 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

"When life has you on the ropes, you check if it's hemp ropes. Then maybe you can smoke it and watch anime."

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,634 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

lol i double taked it and said who the **** is gena haha

either way though i think my votes going to stay at not sure one thing i would like to see are testosterone levels and if fallon is on hormone therapy what that would do to her natural testosterone levels during training up to fight time, i know it would be unfair to put someone through more testing than what would be neccesary under other circumstances but this is something that doesnt happen often if at all.

Agreed man sometimes you have a freak of nature,but with that thought let nature make the decision on that.Man made altering should not be allowed in such a dangerous sport.Which also leads to steroid abuse which is another topic entirely lol

#21    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,903 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Every time I read one of these stories it annoys me.  There is no such thing as transgender, his body is male.  I don't care how much surgery or hormone shots he's been taking, or how much he wants to be a woman, an X+Y chromosome means he is a male.

The only individuals who should be able to legally and socially choose their sex are hermaphrodites.

#22    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Why should it be allowed to fight woman

#23    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,634 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostWickian, on 06 March 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Every time I read one of these stories it annoys me.  There is no such thing as transgender, his body is male.  I don't care how much surgery or hormone shots he's been taking, or how much he wants to be a woman, an X+Y chromosome means he is a male.

The only individuals who should be able to legally and socially choose their sex are hermaphrodites.

Agreed wickian,this is setting a dangerous precedent for the future of sports.The NFL is already being refered to as the No Fun League,wait until there are a few female running backs who demand their way into the sport and get permanently injured or possibly killed.Same with combat sports they will then become so restricted by rules it will not even be worth watching,or banned completely.

#24    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,947 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

http://www.mmajunkie...with-complicate

#25    through the fire

through the fire

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 201 posts

• "it's like boo!"

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

This thread is just sad. Of course it shouldn't be allowed to fight women.

Funny to see the doublethink of people who believe we're all equal though. Should men who can't compete in male sports be allowed into female sports? Of course not, they'd dominate.

Edited by through the fire, 09 March 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#26    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,947 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postthrough the fire, on 09 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

This thread is just sad. Of course it shouldn't be allowed to fight women.

Funny to see the doublethink of people who believe we're all equal though. Should men who can't compete in male sports be allowed into female sports? Of course not, they'd dominate.

what men who cant compete in mens sports?

while my stance hasn't changed especially from your enlightening post, i would suggest you do some research on gender reassignment surgery and hormone replacement therapy and what that does exactly to a body.

#27    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Absolutely not, simply not fair to all female MMA fighters.

In fact, I think it is an embarrassment especially after reading the article on how fast this transgendered fighter destroyed a female fighter.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#28    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,521 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

This is PC insanity taken to extremes. Start a division or league for transgender individuals. (Former) men shouldn't even be allowed in the same ring as real women. This trend of willful blindness needs to stop.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#29    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Women want equality so I really don't see a problem with it.

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#30    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 1,947 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 09 March 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

This is PC insanity taken to extremes. Start a division or league for transgender individuals. (Former) men shouldn't even be allowed in the same ring as real women. This trend of willful blindness needs to stop.

thatd be a decent idea, unfortunately there wouldnt be much competition lol.

I still think if the olympics would accept her as a woman i think the commission may end up doing the very same

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users