Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black and White Video

jamesjr191

Hey all, maybe i can get some answers here. I have a Lenovo laptop G50 about 3 months old. when i play video from sites im viewing it often will be b/w or faded colors. the actual youtube site and others seem fine but clips embedded come out b/w. ive updated and my other players such as VLC work great.

do i have some settings wrong?

let me stress.....the video is b/w only when i view links from sites like Yahoo news and here also. downloads play fine.

Edited by jamesjr191

Battery saving option somewhere??

When i turn on battery saving mode on the Samsung the screen is changed to low brightness and black and white.

• Like 1

Battery saving option somewhere??

When i turn on battery saving mode on the Samsung the screen is changed to low brightness and black and white.

Hmmm, good thought. i'm going to check into that right now. It seemed to happen suddenly, which is why i was wondering about settings. Maybe i did it.

• Like 1

well was on 'performance' mode i tried 'balanced' and was no help. i rolled back my AMD driver which i had updated. May have to go to MS site but so many search hits there it can drive you nuts.

OK, i had AMD's software updater going on my system. They put out a new version so i installed it today. It found a problem and corrected it, all is in color again. No idea what the problem was through? oh well.

Edited by jamesjr191