Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Picture (Not a fake)

UniversalFractal

Hi guys,

My mother's 45th bday was last night and we were out at a restaurant and this picture was taken on my Dad's phone, which has a shutter picture feature. These two pictures were taken together in the shutter time. Tell me what you think... really creepy. I see two faces, and a hand around the chair with one finger pointing up. Not photoshopped, seriously.

*snip*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
links removed by request

That is very interesting. I don't get a,creepy feeling from it though . Seems like someone who wants to join the party

Holy grail...

I see two faces as well. The two children that are missing from one of the photos. It appears that everyone else was trying to remain still for the second photo, the children did not.

Their relative heights match with the height of the chairs.

Edit: On 'shutter', that which stays still is clearer. That which runs around is blurred.

Nice looking family by the way. :)

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2

Interesting pictures but I didn't get a creepy feeling. I saw a ghost, so it could be.

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting pictures you got there. Poor ghost wanted to join the party, I bet it was hungry too LOL :P

@ Rafter: It's not photoshopped... clearly you don't have the capacity to judge whether or not it's a photoshop since its 100% not a photoshop and you think it is...

@ Likely: I originally thought it might have been my little cousin as well, but this picture was taken a split second apart and there's no way one of them would have gotten all the way over there. Look at everything else in the two different pictures, barely anything changed, and you think they moved across the whole room in that amount of time? Not a chance...

Edited by UniversalFractal
  • Like 1

What exactly constitutes a "ghost" in an image? Seems anything that appears in a photo that can't be explained is a "ghost". It could be pretty much anything from a failure of the camera, to a shadow, to a hoax. One thing I'm betting it is not however is a ghost.

What exactly constitutes a "ghost" in an image? Seems anything that appears in a photo that can't be explained is a "ghost". It could be pretty much anything from a failure of the camera, to a shadow, to a hoax. One thing I'm betting it is not however is a ghost.

Kinda funny how camera failures tend to take human shape.

• Like 2

The 'ghost' behind the chair is shopped, look at the chair frame by the hand, in the second image the chair rail is not as defined?

On a side note the guy at the front in the family table shot, he as a lovely hand bag don't you think?

Edited by Belial

Funny how some ginseng roots can have a human shape. :w00t:

Edited by pallidin

On a side note the guy at the front in the family table shot, he as a lovely hand bag don't you think?

I think his mascara is quite nice as well.

• Like 1

I'm leaning toward ghost app - perhaps with a little doctoring.

Yes, I agree with you, ghost app.

• Like 1

I would guess motion blur. Someone was there, and then someone moved.

But really people... making fun of the masculinity of the poster's relative. That's pretty disrespectful and unnecessary.

• Like 5

All i can see is a dark shadow of someone standing near a table, like the shadows on the wall where the people are sitting.

Let people poke fun as they wish... It's clearly my grandmother's handbag. I did expect some more class from you UM'ers though. But none of this matters, this is not why I am here. Only insecure individuals would even bring up this topic, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. The man you are making fun of is 66, and is quite secure with who he is. I'm starting to wonder about you though, Pallidin and Belial.

I posted this picture to figure out what this thing is, not to scare and fake out people by using a photoshopped picture. It's not a photoshop, so you photoshop experts are laughably amateur.

It's not just some camera glitch, cmon folks. I wouldn't post something like this if I wasn't truly weirded out. I never believed in anything paranormal until I saw this picture, as it is a first-hand encounter with something like this. And what adds more credibility to it is the fact that there's two pictures, frame by frame, one with the "thing", one without it.

I'm not here to debate whether or not it's a photoshop, as I know for a fact that it is not. I'm here to see what others think of it.

Edited by UniversalFractal
  • Like 1

@ Likely: I originally thought it might have been my little cousin as well, but this picture was taken a split second apart and there's no way one of them would have gotten all the way over there. Look at everything else in the two different pictures, barely anything changed, and you think they moved across the whole room in that amount of time? Not a chance...

The lady at the head of the table (I assume your grandmother?) from one picture to the next appears to have grabbed a pen, it appears.

There is a slight shift in everyone's, either posture or eye direction. Also, there is no 'flash' in either photograph so it was farely dimly lit.

I can't say, because I wasn't there, but I think that your family did a good job holding still for a photo, that they didn't know ended up being two, taken a few seconds apart. Enough time running, when the second frame was taken, in low light, on 'shutter mode', your cousins could easily appear like that.

I see that people are already calling "shopped!" and "fake!". No, I don't think that they are. I think that it's easily explainable. :)

@ Rafter: It's not photoshopped... clearly you don't have the capacity to judge whether or not it's a photoshop since its 100% not a photoshop and you think it is...

Did I say it was photoshopped? No, I did not.

I said it looks an awful lot like a ghost app photo that has possibly been doctored a bit.

• Like 2

I posted this picture to figure out what this thing is, not to scare and fake out people by using a photoshopped picture. It's not a photoshop, so you photoshop experts are laughably amateur.

And I would argue that you did not. If that were truly the case, you would give as much credence to the folks offering different opinions as you do the ones that are saying, "yep, it's a ghost."

In other words, you posted it to simply get a bunch of people to agree with you and say it was a ghost.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 2

Love how people claim shopped when they don't have a clue, probably never used the program either...

Hi guys,

My mother's 45th bday was last night and we were out at a restaurant and this picture was taken on my Dad's phone, which has a shutter picture feature. These two pictures were taken together in the shutter time. Tell me what you think... really creepy. I see two faces, and a hand around the chair with one finger pointing up. Not photoshopped, seriously.

*snip*

This is the realest looking ghost photo ive seen so far on UM... dont let the haters get you down.. I think they're mad you got a pic of a ghost and they didn't

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
links removed by request