Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Traditional Satanism

Decapitated

If not, does anyone really know much about this? I was reading up on the league guitarist of Disscetion, how he killed himself and was found around lit candles with a Satanic book open that was like the Necronomicon sort of (even though Necronomicon is fake) that had to do with Satanic summoning, practices, etc.

And I know there's a ton of "Church of Satan" followers, so please don't come in here to bash traditional Satanism.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Decapitated

• GoddessWhispers

• SoulSlayer

• expo2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so please don't come in here to bash traditional Satanism.
I wouldn't think of it. :)

What is traditional satanism?!

Well there headless, I'd say we have our answer. What is traditional satanism.

No ideas. :w00t:

traditional, thats the theistic version right? the actual worship of the christian Satan? Im one of those Church of Satan followers you were talking about but i wont bash this, i kknow a littl ebit about it so ill share what i know

Theistic Satanic cults are all about the worship of Satan to gain physical and mental strength in this world with the hope that on Judgement day Satan will take them into Hell with him to rule for al eternity. They hold supposed summonings of demons and Satan himself, do whatever he tells them to do, or at least what they think he says such as sacrifice animals, burn churches, and really anythign that could hinder the growth of the Catholic or Christian church. These are the people you usually see going around claiming they can create fire by snapping their fingers, or they can command legions of hellspawn. IMO they are ignorant and most of them snap out of it real quick, some stay with it though. really the main reason i dont like them is cuz they give my people a bad name <_< luciferians are an example of a theistic satanic group, you could google luciferianism to see what comes up.

traditional, thats the theistic version right? the actual worship of the christian Satan? Im one of those Church of Satan followers you were talking about but i wont bash this, i kknow a littl ebit about it so ill share what i know

Theistic Satanic cults are all about the worship of Satan to gain physical and mental strength in this world with the hope that on Judgement day Satan will take them into Hell with him to rule for al eternity. They hold supposed summonings of demons and Satan himself, do whatever he tells them to do, or at least what they think he says such as sacrifice animals, burn churches, and really anythign that could hinder the growth of the Catholic or Christian church. These are the people you usually see going around claiming they can create fire by snapping their fingers, or they can command legions of hellspawn. IMO they are ignorant and most of them snap out of it real quick, some stay with it though. really the main reason i dont like them is cuz they give my people a bad name <_< luciferians are an example of a theistic satanic group, you could google luciferianism to see what comes up.

Tradiational Satanists give you a bad name? I think (not you) people like

give you guys a bad name. "Let's not believe in Satan or anything, but let's make ourselves look evil and implant horns into our skulls or make our eyebrows in the form of a horn".

I know about Traditional Satanism, but I basically wanted to know if anyone else knew a lot about it. As for the snapping of fingers and forming fire, I've yet to see anyone who claims to do that.

The Church burnings are a thing of the Black Metal scene, if I'm not mistaken. Mostly people like Varg Vickerness, Eurnymous from Mayhem, Samoth from Emperor, etc did a lot of that. I haven't seen a church burning from anyone else other than from the black metal scene. Oh well, Black Metal ist Krieg anyways.

Also, the whole sacraficing thing doesn't really happen, least not in America. Many Traditional Satanists feel it's stupid to do such a thing because it wouldn't do any good, since Satan is such a powerful being. It would make more sense for smaller "Gods" or however you'd like to call them. Even so, I agree with butchering anything for religious purposes...but hey, guess what? It happens in our country every day: Jewish people do it as a way to "Kosher" things, Witch Doctors, and quite a few other religions.

As for the ignorant part, to each their own. I mean, anyone who openly thinks that Hell and Heaven, Jesus and God without a doubt don't exist no matter what, is ignorant IMO.

Edited by Decapitated

there are people that do that? They worship Satan? That's stupid. I mean do they really think God will allow Satan to rule hell? That's like saying that a bunch of people join together with a mass murderer in hopes that when he goes to prison he will take them to and will give them ruling positions over the prison. HA! *sighs* Satan is not to bright a guy at sometimes. He has so much knowledge but his pride clouts him from producing anything worth overthrowing God with. I didn't know there were people like this. That's like saying the Bible is true, and because it's true you are against it. Wow.

EDIT:Btw, what is the Church of Satan? Do they believe in Satan? If they do do they worship him? If not why is Satan in their name? Also I heard on the internet about some religion known as Satanism but it was taken from people who had something to do with Sat and Tan, and somehow became known as satanists, it this true?

Edited by SoulSlayer

"Early reports indicated that he was found with an open copy of the Satanic Bible, but these were later dismissed by Dissection's guitarist Set Teitan. According to him, "it's not any atheist, humanist and ego-worshipping 'Satanic Bible' by Anton LaVey that Jon had in front of him, but a Satanic Grimoire (Liber Azerate?, one of the books from the MLO). He despised LaVey and 'Church of Satan'." [2]"

He was a part of the MLO - Misantropiska Lucifer Order (reading up on them now) Interesting read.

there are people that do that? They worship Satan? That's stupid. I mean do they really think God will allow Satan to rule hell? That's like saying that a bunch of people join together with a mass murderer in hopes that when he goes to prison he will take them to and will give them ruling positions over the prison. HA! *sighs* Satan is not to bright a guy at sometimes. He has so much knowledge but his pride clouts him from producing anything worth overthrowing God with. I didn't know there were people like this. That's like saying the Bible is true, and because it's true you are against it. Wow.

EDIT:Btw, what is the Church of Satan? Do they believe in Satan? If they do do they worship him? If not why is Satan in their name? Also I heard on the internet about some religion known as Satanism but it was taken from people who had something to do with Sat and Tan, and somehow became known as satanists, it this true?

Satan means "Oppose" if I'm not mistaken, or "To Oppose".

I was born a Christian, but as of recently, I've really had to question the Church's motives. Will I become a Tradtional Satanist? No. Do I find what they do intriguing? Yes. They feel that if they turn away from the law abiding Church that puts chains around your life, and forces you to do things that in our time and age just cant be done (example: Those who work on Sundays are told to be killed on sight for working on the Holy Day).

Why would God not allow Satan to rule all of HEll? Hell is his domain, why would God even care for Hell?

As for the Church of Satan, from what I know, they're a bunch of people who believe in living for yourself, and the comical thing is, they don't believe in Satan or Heaven, yet they use the symbols of Satan and infact, use the pentagram which has nothing to do with Christianity, but Wicca. Traditional Satanists would take any religious icon and turn it upside down as in an attempt to mock that religion. Why do Church of Satan followers use it? HEll, it's even on the front cover of the "Satanic Bible". There are tons of Traditional Satanists who are actually trying to reclaim the true meaning of Satanism, which is why I find it ironic that the poster above said "they give usa bad name" as if him and the rest of the Church of Satan coined the term "Satanism".

The English word "Satan" is from a Hebrew word meaning "adversary"; 'to oppose". So basically it just means your worst enemy if taking the capitals into consideration. I find it ironic to see people worshipping to their worst enemy LOL. Another irony: worship is actually worthship.

I dont know what could top that, perhaps a picture of Chuck Norris (walker texas ranger) old and gray after being referred to as kemosabee for years and the look he gives after reading the dictionary state: kemo - sab - ee (exaggerated for comic purpose) noun.--- horse's ass.

post-47251-1166867967_thumb.jpg

Edited by expo2

I was born a Christian, but as of recently, I've really had to question the Church's motives. Will I become a Tradtional Satanist? No. Do I find what they do intriguing? Yes. They feel that if they turn away from the law abiding Church that puts chains around your life, and forces you to do things that in our time and age just cant be done (example: Those who work on Sundays are told to be killed on sight for working on the Holy Day).

Why would God not allow Satan to rule all of HEll? Hell is his domain, why would God even care for Hell?

As for the Church of Satan, from what I know, they're a bunch of people who believe in living for yourself, and the comical thing is, they don't believe in Satan or Heaven, yet they use the symbols of Satan and infact, use the pentagram which has nothing to do with Christianity, but Wicca. Traditional Satanists would take any religious icon and turn it upside down as in an attempt to mock that religion. Why do Church of Satan followers use it? HEll, it's even on the front cover of the "Satanic Bible". There are tons of Traditional Satanists who are actually trying to reclaim the true meaning of Satanism, which is why I find it ironic that the poster above said "they give usa bad name" as if him and the rest of the Church of Satan coined the term "Satanism".

I am sorry but your idea of hell is completely unbiblical. Hell is not Satan's domain. It was created for Satan and his angels like a prison. It is not just some seperate place where Satan will just live and rule. He commited treason against the highest being. He has to pay for his misdoings. As for work on Sunday, you are taking it historically out of text. In the passage you mentioned the Hebrew word used mean "working in a field". I have never read that death is the penalty for such an act. I don't know if you have read much of the Bible but if you read the New Testament, Jesus got into a lot of disputes with the pharisees over what can and can't be done on the Sabbath. The old law was there because when Adam ate the apple th human race became "slaves to sin." In essence, we commited treason as well. However only Adam ate the apple, and the rest of humans did not. Meaning that all humans following Adam did no sin out of choice. So God being just and loving as he is sent what was required for a pardoining of the human race, which is his son Jesus Christ. However, when Adam and Eve sinned they were then presented with a choice. They then knew what wrong was. Before they did not know wrong but then "their eye were opened" With this new option they had to decide to choose it again or stop. Many people reject the pardon. They are like the Satanists who want to be sent to the prison with Satan. However many have accepted the pardon. There is so much we do not know about the universe. So much. I have been graced with small glimpses and those were overwhelming. It is truly a blessing.

The English word "Satan" is from a Hebrew word meaning "adversary"; 'to oppose". So basically it just means your worst enemy if taking the capitals into consideration. I find it ironic to see people worshipping to their worst enemy LOL. Another irony: worship is actually worthship.

I dont know what could top that, perhaps a picture of Chuck Norris (walker texas ranger) old and gray after being referred to as kemosabee for years and the look he gives after reading the dictionary state: kemo - sab - ee (exaggerated for comic purpose) noun.--- horse's ass.

I find it ironic that Satanism is also referred to people who don't believe in Christ as their savior. Who is to say that Satan is someone's enemy? Religion is like politics, it doesn't matter who you choose, you're not wrong for it. It's your life, if anything, Christianity is supposed to teach people to "honor thy neighbor" right?

I am sorry but your idea of hell is completely unbiblical. Hell is not Satan's domain. It was created for Satan and his angels like a prison. It is not just some seperate place where Satan will just live and rule. He commited treason against the highest being. He has to pay for his misdoings. As for work on Sunday, you are taking it historically out of text. In the passage you mentioned the Hebrew word used mean "working in a field". I have never read that death is the penalty for such an act. I don't know if you have read much of the Bible but if you read the New Testament, Jesus got into a lot of disputes with the pharisees over what can and can't be done on the Sabbath. The old law was there because when Adam ate the apple th human race became "slaves to sin." In essence, we commited treason as well. However only Adam ate the apple, and the rest of humans did not. Meaning that all humans following Adam did no sin out of choice. So God being just and loving as he is sent what was required for a pardoining of the human race, which is his son Jesus Christ. However, when Adam and Eve sinned they were then presented with a choice. They then knew what wrong was. Before they did not know wrong but then "their eye were opened" With this new option they had to decide to choose it again or stop. Many people reject the pardon. They are like the Satanists who want to be sent to the prison with Satan. However many have accepted the pardon. There is so much we do not know about the universe. So much. I have been graced with small glimpses and those were overwhelming. It is truly a blessing.

Exodus 31:15

"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death."

And I seriously think that Satan rules Hell. Hell may have been meant as a prison for Satan, but I think he's far too powerful to be kept imprisoned.

Edited by Decapitated

And people thought ignorance and intolerance was the sole dominion of the christians! HA! :rofl:

So it appears satanism is a christian heresy. Worshiping the enemy of the 'one true god'. Thereby giving support and imbuing that invisible being with power by faith, as do the christian sects. Well, it can be said that without the devil god would have no adversary for which to save his believers from. But that god made the devil, knowing all that he knows in his omniscience, and let him survive after that heavenly rebellion, only to banish him to the nether realms and there have him reign as his/gods adversary, for the souls of humankind, is a bit odd, don't you think!? If god is all loving, all compassionate, and cherishes his creation as his children, why did he leave to live their mortal enemy!? And after it tried to take a war to god in his own heaven!? Not to mention the devil was the first angel created and the most beautiful of them all. How did an omniscient god not see that rebellion coming!? But to leave his attacker and all those other angels that turned against god, (how does that happen exactly!? Free will?) , alive! When god orders his human creation on earth to murder countless numbers in his name, by his will. Well, that must be what they call "a mystery".

I don't believe in either entity, but that there is one for satanists to honor, even in the spirit as christians do the jesus and god myth, is illogical, given the whole bit of credit that is given to a creator god, in the first place. Who leaves their enemy alive, so it can destroy or tempt unto destruction, that gods creation for eternity, after the fact!?

I think it's just the next example and , judging from that video, it would appear true. Man makes their gods and their devils in their own image. Well, if nothing else, that is an example of the balance in (human) nature. ;)

I appreciate the read. :)

And I seriously think that Satan rules Hell. Hell may have been meant as a prison for Satan, but I think he's far too powerful to be kept imprisoned.

WhAT!?! Far too powerful? Satan is not powerful at all. I can't believe that....wow. I am shocked. I'm sorry it's just I didnt know that there are people who are actually against God working for Satan. How can you do that? I mean, wow. Honestly you believe that about Satan? Seriously though my mind cannot even wrap itself around that idea. I can't comprehend why anyone would do that. I mean that's like saying Djabouti could conquer America. I think I will look more into this traiditonal Satanism.

If god is all loving, all compassionate, and cherishes his creation as his children, why did he leave to live their mortal enemy!? And after it tried to take a war to god in his own heaven!? Not to mention the devil was the first angel created and the most beautiful of them all. How did an omniscient god not see that rebellion coming!? But to leave his attacker and all those other angels that turned against god, (how does that happen exactly!? Free will?) , alive! When god orders his human creation on earth to murder countless numbers in his name, by his will. Well, that must be what they call "a mystery".

I think God knew it was coming and thought that maybe he origional plan would be boring so hey why not have the Devil do his stuff for a while and God would destroy Satan and move on with his origional plan.

and God would destroy Satan and move on with his original plan.
So, after all this time, that's still something on his "to do" list!? :lol:

And if the original plan included creating the first humans, E&A, and there's that old sly serpent in paradise, (How's he get in, when he's cursed!? Assumes a snakey disguise and is missed by security!? Is that it!?) , hanging out in an apple tree , or was that a quince!? And while Eve and Adam are part of that original plan, along comes reptile boy and it all goes to hell. But an all knowing god wouldn't be surprised by that would he!? Being god, all knowing and all. And if Adam was damned for listening to Eve that listened to a serpent to eat of the tree, how can they be blamed in their newborn ignorance for following the directive given by a snake, when they were familiar with following directives given by only a voice that called itself god!?

Between the two, I think the devil myth is kinder to man. It's never condemned man for being as god made them to be. It's never ordered throughout an entire testament, the slaughter , raping, enslavement, and general disarray , in it's name, to be perpetrated by it's believers. Even in the garden it encouraged Eve to step beyond her ignorance and eat of the tree of knowledge. But that was wrong, so says her god, because then she would be as he was. Knowledgeable. So if it's a damnation for her, why is it a deific trait for god!?

These are just a few of those questions that make serpents everywhere go, "Hmmmmm, poor old slither got a bad wrap and Eve was framed!" :rofl:

I find it ironic that Satanism is also referred to people who don't believe in Christ as their savior. Who is to say that Satan is someone's enemy? Religion is like politics, it doesn't matter who you choose, you're not wrong for it. It's your life, if anything, Christianity is supposed to teach people to "honor thy neighbor" right?

This is what you are failing to understand regardless of christianity. Just as torah came before the septuagint so is hebrew before english. Are you following me?

English word "Satan"= Hebrew meaning "advesary"; "to oppose"

English meaning derived from hebrew origination:

advesary= your enemy

to oppose= your opposition

plain and simple, there is no... could be, should be, would be involved. Thereby finding irony that satanists worship their worst enemy and/or their worst opposition. There is nothing to interpret for it is a matter of translation of text.

Edited by expo2

So, after all this time, that's still something on his "to do" list!? :lol:

And if the original plan included creating the first humans, E&A, and there's that old sly serpent in paradise, (How's he get in, when he's cursed!? Assumes a snakey disguise and is missed by security!? Is that it!?) , hanging out in an apple tree , or was that a quince!? And while Eve and Adam are part of that original plan, along comes reptile boy and it all goes to hell. But an all knowing god wouldn't be surprised by that would he!? Being god, all knowing and all. And if Adam was damned for listening to Eve that listened to a serpent to eat of the tree, how can they be blamed in their newborn ignorance for following the directive given by a snake, when they were familiar with following directives given by only a voice that called itself god!?

Like I said I think God intended it. I think he wanted the whole thing to happen. Like a game or something I don't know why. But I know it's there.

Between the two, I think the devil myth is kinder to man. It's never condemned man for being as god made them to be. It's never ordered throughout an entire testament, the slaughter , raping, enslavement, and general disarray , in it's name, to be perpetrated by it's believers. Even in the garden it encouraged Eve to step beyond her ignorance and eat of the tree of knowledge. But that was wrong, so says her god, because then she would be as he was. Knowledgeable. So if it's a damnation for her, why is it a deific trait for god!?

These are just a few of those questions that make serpents everywhere go, "Hmmmmm, poor old slither got a bad wrap and Eve was framed!" :rofl:

Excellent question. God told them not to eat it because they would be knowledgeable of right and wrong. God KNEW that if they knew what wrong was they would choose wrong. He did not want this because he knew that they would end up paying a huge price for it. But, They had a choice, God did not force them to obey. And look what they did. They sinned. Why is not what matters what matters is what are we going to do about it? p*** and moan about how God is mean and not fair? Or correct what we have done wrong against God by serving him. You tell me which'll you do?

This is what you are failing to understand regardless of christianity. Just as torah came before the septuagint so is hebrew before english. Are you following me?

English word "Satan"= Hebrew meaning "advesary"; "to oppose"

English meaning derived from hebrew origination:

advesary= your enemy

to oppose= your opposition

plain and simple, there is no... could be, should be, would be involved. Thereby finding irony that satanists worship their worst enemy and/or their worst opposition. There is nothing to interpret for it is a matter of translation of text.

basically its just a matter of taking a word for its meaning and trying to bring up christianity based on personal perspective does nothing to change translational meaning

Like I said I think God intended it. I think he wanted the whole thing to happen. Like a game or something I don't know why. But I know it's there.

p*** and moan about how God is mean and not fair? Or correct what we have done wrong against God by serving him. You tell me which'll you do?

Thou shalt not tempt the lord thy god.

How does a mere mortal impart temptation unto the creator of all temptations!?

There would never have been an issue of testing his creations faith, their resolve, had an all knowing god not put that forbidden tree in his paradise. But he did. And it happened to be a tree of knowledge. (Gnosis) And god, knower of all to be known, forbid his children from gaining Gnosis. Even though they were created by Gnosis. And then , because they did exactly as his omniscience foresaw, he cursed every subsequent generation for their parents doing exactly what he knew they would.

And given that "credit rating" in the past, how does one actually accept they'll be forgiven their sins if they only believe in what god/jesus said about believing in him and attaining salvation, when our fore bearers were not forgiven their first sin by that creator in direct contact with them in paradise!? That state of sin that exists today because god did that. There was no sin in paradise. Until god chose to rebuke Eve and Adam, and call it so and thereby bring it into the world as a curse they and their seed carried throughout the future generations.

If nothing else, the old serpent served his godly purpose well that day. By telling the ignorant they could gain knowledge, they were then able to see what god was, that had been but whispering to them all that time before. And had he not put that tree in his created paradise, and made his creation conscious of it, it would not have existed at all. There would have been no devil that day, had god not made it so. Indeed, there would have been no tree.

WhAT!?! Far too powerful? Satan is not powerful at all. I can't believe that....wow. I am shocked. I'm sorry it's just I didnt know that there are people who are actually against God working for Satan. How can you do that? I mean, wow. Honestly you believe that about Satan? Seriously though my mind cannot even wrap itself around that idea. I can't comprehend why anyone would do that. I mean that's like saying Djabouti could conquer America. I think I will look more into this traiditonal Satanism.

What the Hell dude? LOL Just because I KNOW that Satan's powerful doesn't mean I'm on his side. It's people with your point of views that drive people away man. No offense dude, but look around you, the dawn of mankind's extinction is upon us. Don't you think Satan has had anything to do with what's going on right now in terms of war, starvation, etc?

Don't be oblivious to all of this.

. Don't you think Satan has had anything to do with what's going on right now in terms of war, starvation, etc?

Don't be oblivious to all of this.

Consider for a moment that what's going on right now in terms of war, starvation, the AIDS pandemic in Africa and abroad, is occurring in a world wherein god faiths predominate. One can not be oblivious to that.

Consider for a moment that what's going on right now in terms of war, starvation, the AIDS pandemic in Africa and abroad, is occurring in a world wherein god faiths predominate. One can not be oblivious to that.

Are you being sarcastic?

No.