Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

exorcism

metatronscube

i want to know more about exorcism and if any one other then a preist could preform them. I lso wanted to know what scriptures and books they read durring an exorcism.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• randomhit10

• Dr. Strangelove

• Isis2200

• metatronscube

i want to know more about exorcism and if any one other then a preist could preform them. I lso wanted to know what scriptures and books they read durring an exorcism.

Hi Metatron, from what I've heard Demonologists can perform both bodily exorcisms and house clearings(exorcisms). The original exorcist priests from the Roman Catholic church recite the Prayers Deliverance:

Prayer Against Malefice

Anima Christi

Prayer Against Every Evil

Prayer for Inner Healing

Prayer for Deliverance

Metatron, I recommend a very interesting book "An Exorcist Tells His Story" by Father Gabriele Amorth, the renowned chief exorcist of Rome. This is where I got the information.

linked-image

No one shouldn't perform an exorcism unless they are prepared spiritually, psychologically, & mentally. That person must understand the repercussions if they are not ready for such an ordeal-- while be prepared in everyway for what is to be expected... Exorcism can be dangerous to the person being exorcised, & also to the one performing the exorcism. -- This isn't something you do on whim, and say "healed." It doesn't work that way.

The girlfriend giving you a hard time is she ????? :devil:

No one shouldn't perform an exorcism unless they are prepared spiritually, psychologically, & mentally. That person must understand the repercussions if they are not ready for such an ordeal-- while be prepared in everyway for what is to be expected... Exorcism can be dangerous to the person being exorcised, & also to the one performing the exorcism. -- This isn't something you do on whim, and say "healed." It doesn't work that way.

i believe the above to be absolutely true...

but technically anyone can perform an exorcism... but priests go through long, drawn out, un necessary steps and rituals... what they do is more of a show...

any person or group of people can perform one, simply by praying... i say this because... even Jesus makes the statement about people casing out demons in His name... but they aren't believers in Him... if you want to read up on exorcisms according to how it's done in the Bible... check out Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John...

also, if you are really interested and you feel you are spiritually ready... you may want to take a journey into demonology...

Well theres Christian exorcism and Muslim exorcism. In Muslim exorcism a Muslim exorcist recites certain verses from the Quran on the person possesed and in the end eventually the devil or jin possesing that person would leave. Ive seen a couple of videos, its scary.

I would say be prepared to assist the person you are performing an exorcism on, following the exorcism. It's true that it may not always be that difficult to drive out a demon :devil: , but what's to stop that demon or another demon from attempting another possession of that same person? You may have to give that person support and guidance, until he or she is able to face those demons alone.

The name of Jesus Christ is the name that demons fear most; cast demons out in his name. Jesus told his disciples that certain demons require much prayer and fasting before they can be exorcised. :innocent:

Hi Metatron,

First of all its dangerous to confront pure evil and in an exorcist doing an exorcism that exactly what your doing.

Some one subjested training for years witch is not incorrect, it takes years because a real evil entity is smarter than you are and generally has mystical powers. A 4 year training in psychology and religious prayers is not even enough . When you face it head on it will make you puke ,Smile you just been initated in to the darkest regiions of the universe and mans minds. Don't even consider studing black magic or demonology they will destroy the exocist eventually. Seek ye the path of the angles and your problems will be forever solved.

I would say be prepared to assist the person you are performing an exorcism on, following the exorcism. It's true that it may not always be that difficult to drive out a demon :devil: , but what's to stop that demon or another demon from attempting another possession of that same person? You may have to give that person support and guidance, until he or she is able to face those demons alone.

The name of Jesus Christ is the name that demons fear most; cast demons out in his name. Jesus told his disciples that certain demons require much prayer and fasting before they can be exorcised. :innocent:

that is an excellent point...what is to stop another demon from coming in....Jesus gives an account of that in that if a demon is cast out he wanders in desolate places and decides to return from where he was cast out...finding the "house" clean he goes and gets seven other demons worse then he and returns to the person who is now worse off than before......you stop this by asking the Holy Spirit to fill the void left in the person when the demon is cast out.

prepare whit prayer and fasting if possible...do not let the "demon" decide how, when , and where you will fight the battle.

randomhit10

If you're trying to get an exorcism/get someone an exorcism, I heavily, *heavily* suggest you see a psychiatrist beforehand, and a doctor, to assure that the problem isn't something physical or mental.

A very good book to read on exorcisms is "Hostage to the Devil" by Malachi Martin. You will find, in this book, why only certain people should perform exorcisms. Not all Priests will do exorcisms, even the Church single out only certain people for this job.

During an exorcism the possessed person goes through various stages and the Exorcist and his helpers will be mentally, spiritually and sometimes physically attacked, it is not for the fainthearted and neither is it for just anyone.

If you are thinking about seriously trying to do an exorcism yourself, I would think again, it is an incredibly dangerous thing to do and there are not enough words to describe how perilous that journey would be.

If you're trying to get an exorcism/get someone an exorcism, I heavily, *heavily* suggest you see a psychiatrist beforehand, and a doctor, to assure that the problem isn't something physical or mental.

not everything in this world is physical...although it is a good idea to rule out a medical problem if possible, but then Jesus healed without a physical...this is what an exorcism is...it is a healing of mind, body, and spirit by the power of God through Jesus Christ....

randomhit10

not everything in this world is physical...although it is a good idea to rule out a medical problem if possible, but then Jesus healed without a physical...this is what an exorcism is...it is a healing of mind, body, and spirit by the power of God through Jesus Christ....

randomhit10

*sigh*

You go through all the physical and emotional possibilities before turning to your gods. An exorcism(from what I've seen down south, where I live) is an extremely traumatic process. It's a "Last Resort" sort of deal. And that's how it should be used.

*sigh*

You go through all the physical and emotional possibilities before turning to your gods. An exorcism(from what I've seen down south, where I live) is an extremely traumatic process. It's a "Last Resort" sort of deal. And that's how it should be used.

i reside in the land of cotton and i too have seen the battles...so go hard, some go easy...hard to predict until it happens....yes, it is a good idea the have a physical check up to rule out medical conditions if you want to....God does not have to be the last resort to any problem, this is your decision to make....is there a reason you are so closed about God (not your gods) being the last resort?

randomhit10

i reside in the land of cotton and i too have seen the battles...so go hard, some go easy...hard to predict until it happens....yes, it is a good idea the have a physical check up to rule out medical conditions if you want to....God does not have to be the last resort to any problem, this is your decision to make....is there a reason you are so closed about God (not your gods) being the last resort?

randomhit10

Because an exorcism is (more often than not) an extremely traumatic event. You could actually make the problem worse(if it's psychological, of course). One should exhaust all other resources before going to ones' Religion. Reason before the supernatural.

Because an exorcism is (more often than not) an extremely traumatic event. You could actually make the problem worse(if it's psychological, of course). One should exhaust all other resources before going to ones' Religion. Reason before the supernatural.

God has always taken care of my needs not religion...my reasoning is ask God first then do as he says....

randomhit10

God has always taken care of my needs not religion...my reasoning is ask God first then do as he says....

randomhit10

If god physically "Talks" to you, I suggest seeing a psychiatrist.

You mean there's something you don't think is sleep paralysis?

If god physically "Talks" to you, I suggest seeing a psychiatrist.

i have...they said i was much better off than they could do...matter of fact, my doctor has been amazed by what God has done in my life...but thanks for the suggestion anyway...i appreciate your concern.

randomhit10

i have...they said i was much better off than they could do...matter of fact, my doctor has been amazed by what God has done in my life...but thanks for the suggestion anyway...i appreciate your concern.

randomhit10

Where exactly do you live?

Where exactly do you live?

like i said before i live in the land of cotton, way down south...why do u ask?

randomhit10

i believe the above to be absolutely true...

but technically anyone can perform an exorcism... but priests go through long, drawn out, un necessary steps and rituals... what they do is more of a show...

any person or group of people can perform one, simply by praying... i say this because... even Jesus makes the statement about people casing out demons in His name... but they aren't believers in Him... if you want to read up on exorcisms according to how it's done in the Bible... check out Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John...

also, if you are really interested and you feel you are spiritually ready... you may want to take a journey into demonology...

Actually there is a reason for the ritual, and it's not show. It's much like meditation, and prepares the individual for the removal of the demon, as well as ensures that ALL steps are performed. It's like some safety programs, where you go through ALL the steps, even if they are not needed.