Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women 'better at multitasking' than men

Still Waters

It's not a myth - women really are better than men at multitasking, at least in certain cases, a study says.

Men were slower and less organised than women when switching rapidly between tasks in tests by UK psychologists.

Both sexes struggled to cope with juggling priorities, but men suffered more on average, according to the paper in the journal BMC Psychology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-24645100

• Like 2

Hang-on, I'll reppyl propprly in a munte. Busy listnenig to the tv rihgt now. ;)

• Like 2

In other news, another study have proven conclusively that the Pope is, in fact, Catholic.

• Like 2

I find this subject extremely interesting and it is common knowledge that women are indeed......................

Sorry, can you just give me a minute, I just a text that I have to re-park my car.

car_crash_gallardo_parked_under_another_car_480x280.jpg

Excellent news, I'll just sit back and let you dear ladies get on with it then. Can you fetch me another beer whilst you're cleaning the fridge, please?

It's not a myth - women really are better than men at multitasking, at least in certain cases, a study says.

Men were slower and less organised than women when switching rapidly between tasks in tests by UK psychologists.

Both sexes struggled to cope with juggling priorities, but men suffered more on average, according to the paper in the journal BMC Psychology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-24645100

Yes I know very well that men are frail creatures. But there is a balance. But I'm Maried. I'm a not allowed to disclose the weekneses of women ;)

Edited by White Crane Feather

Actually there is no such thing as "multi-tasking" as I read but rather the ability to quickly switch between several tasks.

You can only do one thing at a time but one can have many things going and some can switch rapidly between them to keep it all going.

Nonetheless women in general seem to be more adept at this.

Mind, this is what I read.

Actually there is no such thing as "multi-tasking" as I read but rather the ability to quickly switch between several tasks.

I disagree. I regularly crochet or embroider, dictate non-fiction and listed to music or a tv show at the same time. Everything gets done well enough for my purposes.

Ha! Now I can show this to my boyfriend!

Show it to him while you are making him a sandwich and I bet he'll be even more impressed!