Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Pet. Peeves.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,758 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 March 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Wish I could help you but moat monsters are extinct in Asia.

You mean there are no Asian Mail Order Moat Monster Bride catalogs?... Dang... Squiggy is going to be upset...

#47    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,396 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I've a wallpaper that depicts a coyote baying at the moon.  Unfortunately someone touched it up so that there are several giant moons in the sky.  Poor animal must be going nuts!

#48    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,758 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I've a wallpaper that depicts a coyote baying at the moon.  Unfortunately someone touched it up so that there are several giant moons in the sky.  Poor animal must be going nuts!

Or loving it...

#49    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Unkind people.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#50    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,452 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Preachy Vegetarians and Vegans. I support your choice, but don't come yelling at me because you can't accept mine

Edit: And charity workers that try and make me feel bad because I won't commit to feeding starving African children every month or whatever. Lady, I'm a student on minimum wage. When Taq can afford to feed Taq on more than 2 minute noodles, THEN I'll consider everyone else

Edited by InvaderTAQ, 20 March 2013 - 11:21 PM.

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#51    Odd Requiem

Odd Requiem

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

when somebody uses my microwave and takes the food out before the time is up, and doesn't clear the rest of the time off the microwave!

(i may have a bit of ocd)

-I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.//

#52    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

When people make up thread titles instead of using the article title... Usually to boost the fear/slander/oomph/whatever factor.
Like an article title will read something like "2 acres of trees cleared for a new facility" and the OP will change that into "Big business destroys the earth again".. Or "Politician X speaks out against birth control" and it gets changed to "Political party X hates women yet again"...

Even more bugging is when people point out the change in title, and the OP is like "what, I didn't do that".. Then who the eff made up the new title, your dog?

Grrr, just use the dang article title for the thread title. Cut, copy, paste, it's easy enough and it's far less misleading.

Edited by rashore, 21 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#53    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

LMAO rashore

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#54    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#55    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostTaun, on 19 March 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up to a stop light and stops two full car lengths behind the car in front of them... Especially when there are multiple lights close together (which also annoys me)... this often forces people to be stopped several times by the same light, and only helps to further snarl traffic, or not being able to enter a turn only lane because some so-and-so hasn't pulled up closer to the car in front to let you in...

Now every time I see this happening, I think of you Taun. LOL Saw it just this morning as a matter of fact.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#56    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 25 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Now every time I see this happening, I think of you Taun. LOL Saw it just this morning as a matter of fact.
I've been noticing that a lot more since I read Taun's peeve as well. LOL

Now I have a new one:  Pet Peeve's that are contagious. :D

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#57    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I hate telemarketers.

Sometimes, people fight back at these annoying phone calls.

Here's my favorite:

#58    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,059 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostTaun, on 19 March 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Lately my biggest pet peeve is when someone comes up to a stop light and stops two full car lengths behind the car in front of them... Especially when there are multiple lights close together (which also annoys me)... this often forces people to be stopped several times by the same light, and only helps to further snarl traffic, or not being able to enter a turn only lane because some so-and-so hasn't pulled up closer to the car in front to let you in...

Everyone elses responses got me thinking about this too... I'm guilty of doing it- but only when I'm in Chicago. I learned to leave a car space between me and the car in front of me because in some neighborhoods you need to leave a "get away" space just in case you are approached by people that want to attack you.. You need to be able to pull away quickly when this happens, and leaving that space is critical.
But in other neighborhoods you gotta ride the bumper ahead of you because people will see a 12 inch gap between the cars and practically hit both cars trying to wedge into the space!

#59    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Here's an other pet peeve of mine to chew the fat over...

It's horse's on busy urban and suburban streets.They shouldn't be there and I can't understand why their pilots think they can go against the flow of traffic.Not even a simple hand signal that gives the right of way isn't enough to defy white vans and HGV's.You thought these riding schools would be quietly tucked inside the English countryside.There is one near Daisy Nook.However instead of riding on the bridle paths alongside the River Medlock they cause gridlock in Bardsley.Any professional horse pursuits are not done on a street.So why would a road surface be ideal preparation for dressage,show jumping and cross- country.All of which are done through a field or on a paddock.I don't even think country lanes are ideal.They are just a serious RTA waiting to happen.

Speaking of which you've also got those muppet drivers who have mobile phones rammed in their ears!If it's an important call pull into a lay-by or service station.Your stupid life might depend on it!

Also I'm going to seriously lay into my sister.She keeps insisting on cluttering the kitchen sink with dog ends.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#60    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,396 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

In Vietnam there is a social rule that the younger person always serves the older.  There are not many around who are older than me, so I almost never get to pick out my own food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users