Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4111    Sevastiel

Sevastiel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

• "Know what is before you and what is hidden shall be revealed" - JC

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

@ Seeker

Have you looked into the information available regarding Chakra?
A lot of what I've been reading here sounds very much like the experiences and sensations that come out of stimulating the Chakra.
When you consider that Chakra translates to Endocrine System (not literally, but that's where the Chakric centers are located), that opens up an interesting can of physiological speculation as to the effects of the mind on the body.

I can't quote exactly where, but I do recall reading that the concept was that this is the system that keeps the spiritual body "tethered" within the physical.  As a physiological system it is basically responsible for chemical and hormonal regulations that trigger emotional responses (survival) and energy regulation (also survival).  Thus, it is this system that can either become the cage to animal nature or our freedom from said nature by becoming aware of and able to overcome these responses via the use of the mind itself...akin to the difference between acting purely out of fear (fight or flight) and the warrior awareness that realizes that fear is energy waiting to be harnessed and directed (still fear, but no reaction without purposeful direction; awareness).  "Yes I felt the fear, but I did not fear it."  Being survival-oriented, the sense themselves would provide a great deal of feedback to this system; in my opinion through the filter of the pineal.  Thus the animal-nature to become too focused on the sensual and pleasing when things get extreme in life (Life becomes painful. To avoid pain the animal seeks pleasure.  The wise mind knows that this is no cure & comes at a cost.)

Could be that the process of visualization and relaxed awareness of what is going on is "freeing" us from this bondage.  But if you react or flinch, then that part of the system has gotten the better of you and the effort is ruined; if one part of the system is stimulated in this fashion, it most always results in the domino effect, since the whole is interdependent.  In essence, by giving these inner reactions "attention", we are giving them influence over the mind rather than maintaining that particular influence for ourselves.  The result is that we become the controlled instead.  So controlling emotions isn't so much "controlling" but to place the mind in a state of awareness such that those, ultimately, chemical & electrical experiences do not over-ride our authority.

The point of all that being to point out the importance of awareness in these experiences and any approach to them, as well as the similarities between the Chakra/Endocrine systems and the experiences reported by OOB and AT.

Now is not the time.

#4112    Wildshadow

Wildshadow

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:05 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 28 January 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

Vibrations feel just as it sounds. I have a ring timer for circuit training. It's electronic. And for some odd reason it vibrates. But it dosnt vibrate like if you put it on a glass table it would never make a sound, but you can feel it. Something inside of it is vibrating. Walk around your house find electronics that are on and put your hand on them. See if you can find something that is vibrating on the inside.

When I get home I'll check to see if the microwave is a good analogy. That will be my new quest for anyone reading. I'll find a common houshold item you can put your hand on and feel something similar to astrial vibrations.

No it's no trembeling.... It's definantly vibrations :). Similar to a sustained mild electric shock.

Perhaps it's similar to the vibrations of a standing bass on a gym floor when you're sitting less than a few feet away. For some reason I never felt that again when we had concerts, it must have been that particular arrangement, because I certainly was always in the last few seats of the viola section -.- Is it a high or low frequency?

#4113    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

When I try this I do get some sort of weird feeling but it's very light and I think it's just self suggestion, but it does feel like my bones vibrating,

#4114    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

View PostTheCowyard, on 29 January 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

When I try this I do get some sort of weird feeling but it's very light and I think it's just self suggestion, but it does feel like my bones vibrating,
You will now it for sure when it happens. No doubt.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4115    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

Seeker can you start posting what you do in your projections? I'm curious.

#4116    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

I'll summarize them. Be warned Im amassing a skeptic fan club, mostly my own fault. It may invite some ridicule. If it does I'll bite my tonge. I love to argue with them, but I don't want it to interfear hear. I was keeping a blog, it's just to much work getting them into electronic format from my written journal.

I'm have been mediatating and conditioning myself for a night journy tonight. I want to find out what this red orb thing is. I'll let you know.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4117    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

I don't think you're crazy nor am I a skeptic so don't worry, I just like to find out a lot about things, People with aspergers are like that

#4118    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

View PostTheCowyard, on 31 January 2011 - 07:17 AM, said:

I don't think you're crazy nor am I a skeptic so don't worry, I just like to find out a lot about things, People with aspergers are like that
Yes I Know, and now you make a little more sense to me.

Bruce Lee-

#4119    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

---- botched it up this morning. I got to vibrations and noises tried flaoting up something was off. A couple of negative thoughts went through my head about the thing going on in my neighbors yard. I used a mentel tecnique I made up to wipe them clean. Floating wasn't happening so just sat up. I got out, but like so many times j did not relize it so I laid back down only to relize I was indeed out. I hate that. It happens alot to me. My three year old has a fevor he was burning up he sliped into be with us. I gave him motrin, my wife is getting ready to go to work, I might get one more chance this morning, if he sleeps.

Bruce Lee-

#4120    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

Good luck

#4121    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

I have always been interested in Astral Projection, although a bit skeptical. I have tried in the past but am going to try again. Can you go anywhere in time? I have read where people say they have time travelled, or was that remote viewing?

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#4122    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 01 February 2011 - 03:56 PM, said:

I have always been interested in Astral Projection, although a bit skeptical. I have tried in the past but am going to try again. Can you go anywhere in time? I have read where people say they have time travelled, or was that remote viewing?
I have herd that in time is possible I have Not done that. I have made a few observation that might have been time related. Can't be sure.

Bruce Lee-

#4123    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 01 February 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

I have herd that in time is possible I have Not done that. I have made a few observation that might have been time related. Can't be sure.

Oh wow, do try

#4124    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,058 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

Yeah . It would be quite a feat to go back and wittness historical events in person. Somehow I think it's going to be way more complicated than that. If ap would let me get the lotto numbers, heck I would start an ap university.

Tom brown jr, in one if his accounts, traveled back in time to watch an artifact being droped by a passing band of Indians. The trailing shamen noticed him and noded. Latter he claims he went back and actually dug it up.

I also found a rare artifact quite by accident though, right about the time all this started up for me. The artifact thing is quite a common theme I'm finding out. Not sure why.

Bruce Lee-

#4125    Binaural Ubiety

Binaural Ubiety

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

Can I have some more information on said artifact? I'm curious, maybe in PM though.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users