Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Child Beauty Pageants Are About The Parents

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    Realm

Realm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

To hell with the childrens well-being. Those parents are led and fed by $$$.

#32    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,932 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

View Postsarah_444, on 31 October 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

This is my constant argument with my sister in law. She loves to complain about the show but watches it religiously. I don't watch any of these pageant shows (I barely watch TV at all as it is). I think I've seen maybe half an hour of the show once and have no interest in seeing it again.  People love to complain about how controversial (and terrible) is and yet they keep watching. I know I'm not going to waste my time watching some batsh!t crazy parents give their two year old a fake tan or force them to wax their eyebrows.
Anyone remember when the "L" in TLC stood for "learning"?  Maybe they should change it to TFC, "The Freakshow Channel".

Thank you everyone. It just reaffirms my belief that I was right to cancel my TV subscription seven years ago.

A month or so ago someone on these forums started a thread "Honey Boo Boo Endorses Obama". I had to do a search to find out what or who that was. I was appalled by the parents, the producers and the network for allowing / putting that tripe on air. I feel so sorry for that child who has lost her childhood.

Right now, do a google image search "Child Beauty Pageant". I just did and I found it age inappropriate and revolting. How can parents do this?! They have bathing suit competitions for god's sake! One child was, I don't know maybe 8. She already looked anorexic!

While beauty may only be skin deep, these 'child beauty pageants' are ugly to the bone.

Edited by Likely Guy, 02 November 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#33    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

[ Why are these people allowed to breed?
I often wonder that myself......Actually why many different groups of people are allowed to have kids....There is alot of trash breeding trash out there.

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#34    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postmfrmboy, on 02 November 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

[ Why are these people allowed to breed?
I often wonder that myself......Actually why many different groups of people are allowed to have kids....There is alot of trash breeding trash out there.

Congrats for thinking exactly like the Nazis except you made it sound almost acceptable and normal.

You don't have a say of who gets to have children or not except for your own self.

#35    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,697 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 02 November 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

Congrats for thinking exactly like the Nazis except you made it sound almost acceptable and normal.

You don't have a say of who gets to have children or not except for your own self.

no, but, these people are allowed to exploit their children.  I still say that child services should be stepping in.  Poor munchkins

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#36    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Postglorybebe, on 02 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

no, but, these people are allowed to exploit their children.  I still say that child services should be stepping in.  Poor munchkins

But no crimes are being commited. You want to control others so they live exactly like you. Being in favor of using the law to harm other families when no crime is being committed is persecution.

People like you who want to make choices for others are exactly what we don't need anymore. The fact you make a big deal over this when real child abuse occurs, where children are harmed, you want to harp over what annoys you, which all shows you don't care about actual child abuse. If you did you would not trivialize the term.

Again real explotation occurs. This doesn't help that issue.

#37    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,199 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostLilly, on 01 November 2012 - 10:01 PM, said:

Commendable, but you're probably in the minority.

See link here: http://www.telegraph...nds-survey.html

I didn't come back to the thread for a while, but this article is both amusing and sad:

More than half of men said brains did not come into it as long as the girl is good looking because it was important to impress their friends.

Eight out of ten men said they would be intimidated by a clever girl.

I don't think that for such men dealing with intelligent women is much of a problem, they sound too insecure and rather superficial to be of any interest to them anyway !

I googled HBB because I do not watch her program and was unfamiliar with this particular child, her image as well as those of others, looked 'plastified' like artificial dolls dressed in garish clothes. Girls should not be brought up to think of themselves as animated barbies, and if one of the objectives of the parents is an economic one, how different is that from child labor? There are different kinds of child abuse, personally I think these pageants are one of them. If "proud" parents want to show off the beauty of their children (which I still do not like) then these contests should be carried out at hours and schedules appropriate for the well-being of children, and their rules should exclude the use of cosmetics and age-inappropriate clothes & poses.

#38    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

I think within reason most any project with perhaps some exception a child truly wishes to embark on is fine. However, if a kid is being forced or bribed it is wrong. Encouraging a child to play an instrument and practice if the child had the ideal they want to be a musician is o.k. If they do not want to practice as they should anymore the parent should talk with the child and reaccess the child's goals. Given the child has decided they are finished with the activity entirely the parent needs to accept it. Given the child just has decided they only want it as a hobby rather than a long term goal let the kid do as they please. It's important parents and kids communicate clearly and fully. That's what is best for the child, but parents need to be sure the child is learning and working as they should to reach the child's goal and that the child is being realistic in practice to reach the goal.

#39    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Poststarchild1976, on 12 December 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

. It's important parents and kids communicate clearly and fully.

Well that's the whole problem i guess.
At such a young age it's difficult for a child, if not impossible, to formulate their reasoning and feelings to an adult. Especially if the parent is so invested in their "hobby". A child doesnt want to let the parent down, especially if the parent makes the child feel as if these pageants are super important. It seems very stressful for the child and very irresponsible from the parent to not realise it's a difficult for a child to say "i don't feel like doing this because i want to do something else with my time...or i am insecure about this outfit, etc."

#40    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

looks like everyone is agains this ! why?    if you dont shoot you wont hit right? !
whats wrong trying to be famous?  if you cant do it . let your kids do it!  if you kids cant, let your grandchildren try ! ..
some ppl do drugs . other kills for money . !  name it !    

everything you do .. its always wrong in the eyes of those .. well ppl like yourself.    
so you all think you are a better parent than those ''pageant parents '' ?

please any of you please explain to me ! how to be THe perfect parent ? .
please tell me !
maybe i should ask britneys spears her kids ..  when they grow up .. is your mom a good  mom?
or ask angelina jolie  and brad pitt ! how much money do you need to buy all those kids and how many nanny's you must hire ! to be the perfect parent?

you know what just ask yourself ..    who do you think you are ? judging ppl ?  and you dare to sit behind a computer screen doing so !

#41    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

And your opinions are about you. However, I agree child beauty pageants can be about the parents, but I wouldn't stop my child from entering one if she wanted to. Stop lumping everybody and everything into one small box and you will be happier.

#42    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 13 December 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

looks like everyone is agains this ! why? if you dont shoot you wont hit right? !
whats wrong trying to be famous?  if you cant do it . let your kids do it!  if you kids cant, let your grandchildren try ! ..
some ppl do drugs . other kills for money . !  name it !

everything you do .. its always wrong in the eyes of those .. well ppl like yourself.
so you all think you are a better parent than those ''pageant parents '' ?

please any of you please explain to me ! how to be THe perfect parent ? .
please tell me !
maybe i should ask britneys spears her kids ..  when they grow up .. is your mom a good  mom?
or ask angelina jolie  and brad pitt ! how much money do you need to buy all those kids and how many nanny's you must hire ! to be the perfect parent?

you know what just ask yourself .. who do you think you are ? judging ppl ?  and you dare to sit behind a computer screen doing so !

So you are advocating living vicariously through your kids..?

Edited by Odds, 23 May 2013 - 03:27 AM.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#43    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

What I have a problem with is all these Real Housewife Shows, and Tosh. O I cant stand those shows.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#44    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,283 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Well tell us something we didn't all ready know.I don't need her to tell me this,I had already figured that out along time ago and so did other people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users