Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

google.maps satellite images of area 51

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pannkakskungen

• tehenu

• LarryOldtimer

• merlinhoot

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a nuclear test site, nothing extraordinary about that.

i agree with Pannkakskungen, i might be an old nuke testing site.

I don't really care what it is, it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful our earth is from the sky... and to think we are destroying it disgust.gifhmm.gif

I see nothing special or noteworthy there. Just a couple of airstrips is all.

I seriously doubt that Area 51 was an old nuclear test site. I don't have any doubt that it was a secret weapons development site. At the present time, it may very well be a "red herring" to focus attention on a place where they aren't doing all that much visible weapons development but distract people from looking where they are doing such development. geek.gif

This is even better for sattelite views.

If you watch while flying it can give you the willies.

It even has it's own BBS wher people add there own placemarks

that you can download and when opened in google earth, flys you to

that destination.

I tried the Nasa Version of this which is called World Wind.

I like googles better.

http://earth.google.com/

Fly from space to your neighborhood.

Type in an address and zoom right in.

Search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions.

Tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings.

Save and share your searches and favorites.

Even add your own annotations.

I'm archaeologist and I'm able to recognize those structures as human remains, and not a "nuclear test" (though I never saw a nuclear test..). It's simple to see it in :

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.069212,-...07308&t=k&hl=en

I also see several "pentagons", this for example:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.139583,-...07308&t=k&hl=en

an almost-a-pyramid:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.929941,-...14616&t=k&hl=en

a symbol that repeats frequently

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.086807,-...07308&t=k&hl=en

and, of course, I see huge circles pathways and many structures under the sand.

So, has anybody something interesting to say about it?

Tehenu, stop spreading disinformation. The first page you linked to is a nuclear test site where they test nuclear weapons underground. The site every one is talking about is a nuclear test site! You are not a geologist (as am I) and you don't know what you are talking about.. Lol... Human remains.. Lol. I thought archeologists studied bones and cultures? These are bunkers people, you are viewing the Nevada Test Site, area 51 is south of it and may be destinguished by a five mile run away.

Anyways, all your links here are showing different views or regions of the Nevada Test Site, a United States Department of Energy reservation located in Nye County, Nevada, about 65 miles (105 km) northwest of the City of Las Vegas. Formerly known as the Nevada Proving Ground the site, established on January 11, 1951 for the testing of nuclear weapons, is composed of approximately 1,350 square miles (3,500 km²) of desert and mountainous terrain. Nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site began with a one-kiloton of TNT (4 terajoule) bomb dropped on Frenchman Flats on January 27, 1951. Many of the iconic images of the nuclear era come from NTS.

Between 1951 and 1992, there were a total of 925 announced nuclear tests at Nevada Test Site. 825 of them were underground (seismic data has indicated there may have been many unannounced underground tests as well). The site is covered with subsidence craters from the testing. [1] The Nevada Test Site was the primary testing location of American atomic bombs; only 129 tests were conducted elsewhere (many at the Marshall Islands).

On July 17, 1962 the test shot "Little Feller I" of Operation Sunbeam became the last atmospheric test detonation at the Nevada Test Site. Underground testing of weapons continued until September 23, 1992, and although the United States did not ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, the articles of the treaty are nevertheless honored and further tests have not occurred. Tests not involving fission continue.

One notable test shot was the "Sedan" shot of Operation Storax, a 104 kt shot for the Operation Plowshare which sought to prove that nuclear weapons could be used for peaceful means in creating bays or canals — it created a crater 1,280 feet (390 m) wide and 320 feet (100 m) deep that can still be seen today. While most of the larger tests were conducted elsewhere, NTS was home to tests in the 500 to 1000 kiloton of TNT (2 to 4 petajoule) range, which caused noticeable seismic effects in Las Vegas.

In a report by the National Cancer Institute, released in 1997, it was determined that ninety atmospheric tests at the Nevada Test Site deposited high levels of radioactive iodine-131 (5.5 exabecquerels) across a large portion of the contiguous United States, especially in the years 1952, 1953, 1955, and 1957—doses large enough, they determined, to produce 10,000 to 75,000 cases of thyroid cancer. In 1993, residents living near the Nevada Test Site were included in the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act, 1,375 claims were honored (1,121 were denied). As of 2004, the test site offers public tours on approximately a monthly basis, although the taking of souvenir material is prohibited.

The town of Mercury, Nevada is located on the grounds of the NTS, and at one time housed contingents from LANL, LLNL, and Sandia. Area 51 and the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage facility are located nearby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_Test_Site

The odd circles, triangles, and pentagons you see are merely points of references for pilots, or bunkers for storage, research and scientific observation.