Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Man invented religion

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

POPULAR

My higher power did not invent religion, man did.  They decided that we needed to be brainwashed into thinking a certain way.  Boy did it work.  I do not need a Bible, Koran, etc. to tell me what is right or wrong.  There is a complete breakdown of a society based on religion that is supposed to be righteous and yet does absolutely nothing to fix the obvious problems.  STOP praying to fake gods and try taking care of what is truly important; each other.

Spending more time trying to convince others your religion is right when very few actually get it; religion divides, it does not solve anything.  The fact you can quote scripture when you live in a materialistic society that does more harm than good hardly seems like a good thing.

Sitting around waiting for the RAPTURE really makes a ton of sense.  The world is going to end some day; but not because religious books or nuts tell you so.  Fact is this planet has been inhabited many millions of years by many different species and they all found out the same thing; nothing you own materialistic is yours to take with you when your energy gets relocated.  All you can take is the knowledge of experiences to learn from and utilize in your next existence.

We are all made of the same thing, yet we take religion and belief systems and isolate from each other.  Having TRUE love for each other does not require religion: it requires acceptance.

Soul

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#2    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,430 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Amen!

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,331 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

A lot of things are.

#4    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I agree with you man invented religion,however the breakdown of society is probably more out of a lack of religion( in the form of a moral code).If you know the difference between right and wrong, chances are those attitudes were instilled in you via a religious discipline at a young age.Also, as far as I know mankind is the only materialistic species to have ever existed.

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#5    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,500 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostRoyal, on 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

I agree with you man invented religion,however the breakdown of society is probably more out of a lack of religion( in the form of a moral code).If you know the difference between right and wrong, chances are those attitudes were instilled in you via a religious discipline at a young age.Also, as far as I know mankind is the only materialistic species to have ever existed.

I don't know about that. You don't need religion to have a moral code. The Greeks called it ethics. I really don't think religion can really provide a fair and equitable system for all peoples. Religion has be used to promote a lot of societies evils like slavery, persecution, war, etc....  I think most people are better off under a secular system where religion is irrelevant and you do what is just.  If your religion says you can't eat meat, fine, but your neighbor should be free to eat according their traditions. Same with who you spend your life with, as long as you're dealing with consenting adults. Yet thousands die every year for just that under religous laws.   I think religion is the worst way to implement a moral system.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#6    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

But you believe your energy gets re-located, and you only take your knowledge of experiences to learn from and utilize in your next existence? Sounds like religion to me, LOL.

#7    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 24 March 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

I don't know about that. You don't need religion to have a moral code. The Greeks called it ethics. I really don't think religion can really provide a fair and equitable system for all peoples. Religion has be used to promote a lot of societies evils like slavery, persecution, war, etc....  I think most people are better off under a secular system where religion is irrelevant and you do what is just.  If your religion says you can't eat meat, fine, but your neighbor should be free to eat according their traditions. Same with who you spend your life with, as long as you're dealing with consenting adults. Yet thousands die every year for just that under religous laws.   I think religion is the worst way to implement a moral system.
    I agree you don't need religion to provide a moral code,however you have to admit that most religions do provide moral guidance and you can't blame the evils of the world solely on religious thought.

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,384 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostRoyal, on 25 March 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

I agree you don't need religion to provide a moral code,however you have to admit that most religions do provide moral guidance and you can't blame the evils of the world solely on religious thought.
This is my sole complaint for those who skewer religion (s).  Because they have been guilty of some crimes they are implicated in all routinely.  If a person does not want to have a relationship with the Creator then that is their choice - no problem.  But to be so agitated that others DO choose to have such relationship seems unnecessary to me.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#9    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postand then, on 25 March 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

This is my sole complaint for those who skewer religion (s).  Because they have been guilty of some crimes they are implicated in all routinely.  If a person does not want to have a relationship with the Creator then that is their choice - no problem.  But to be so agitated that others DO choose to have such relationship seems unnecessary to me.

may be  the point  is ,  seek  your  god  in  your  own way ,  but  we  shall  be  watchful .

christ  was  killed  by  the  church leaders  of  jewersalem...   the  metaphor  is  that   if any (all) church  leaders  got their hands  on  god...  they would  kill  him  as swiftly  as  posable ,  and  make  up  the  crime  in  the  process , and  pay  for  the  evidance  that  convicts god  of  the  crime .

point  in fact ,  go  into any  or all  churchs...   with  out exception ...   and  talk about  god ...  you will  not  be welcome .

to  be  more  careful  with  my claim ...  do  not  talk about  the  religon  of  the  church ,  but  define  the  word  "god"  and  show  reason  and  data  of  gods  reality ...  any  you will  likly  be  asked  to leave  and  removed by  force .

talking  about  god  in  the  church  is  not  simply forbidden ,  it  will  get  you attacked  verbaly  and  physicaly .

church  and  religon  have  no  intrest  of  connection  to  god ,   or more  carefully ...  religon makes  up a god ,  and  gets  upset if  the  real  guy shows  up .

i  point to  christ  as  my  exsample .

#10    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

please  note  that  religon  is  a good  and nessasary  thing in  a persons life .   god  is  order  and seeking  god  is  the  single  greatest  selfish  act any  person  can  do .   churches  serve  a good  and useful function ...   but  frankly speaking , worship  of  god is  not  much  more  than  word  craft  and   civil  functions  masked  in  meetings  of  good  people  for  civil bonding...

you can  not  worship  a thing  that  is  forbidden  to  speak of .
...or...
a young  man  who  can  not  speak  to a girl because  he  likes  her  so  much   is  not  worshipping  her.

#11    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

there  is  a time  before  the  big bang called  void .  there  is  a place  after  the  last  black  hole called  void .
if  you  ever  make  the  journie  there ,  know  that  you  look  into it to  lose  its  hold  upon  you .that you see  into  it,   you  are seeing  into  it...  there  is  you...  and  there  is  the  void ...  in  the  void  there  is  only  the  void , there  can  not  be  two ....  and  you will be free  of  it .

let  me  tell  you  a story .

reality  as  you  know  it  is   the  dimension  of  the  soul,  it  is  the  interface  of  location   and  delta/ change .
but  you  are  more  than  a change  of  motions  equation , the  force  still  equals  mass by volume   on change  of  location  in  time , but  you  are  more  than  record keeping  and formula's.

you are  alone  in  a space  that  is  not  black  or  bright , color  is  a fantacy you have  heard  of  but  do  not  remember .  size  is  a concept  that  you  understand  in the academic but  has  nothing  to  do  with  void .

cosmic  or  atomic , they  are  than same  thing  in  the  void .
eon's  or  nanoseconds ,  they  feel  the  same  in  the  void ,  for  nothing  changes .

nothing  changes  on  the  scale  of  the  cosmic ....  nothing  changes at  the  atomic .
for  as  far  as  the  mind  can reach on  a  cosmic  scale , there  is  not  a single  point that is unique  or  diffrent , even  when looking to that which is magnitudes smaller  than  an atom .

nothing  is , and  nothing  changes in  void .

it  is  not  black  or  white , it  is  not  hot  or cold , it  has  no color  or  smell .
void  is  infinite .

void  is  where  there  are  only  the  infinites .

void  is  something  that  you  understand in  an  academic  sense , when  you  do  a math  problem  and  feel  the  open  space  of  the  paper .
void  is feeling in  your  mind in  the  gray  noise  and  back ground  static  when  your  a hamradio operator.  void  is  the   hunger  you  feel  when  your audance  claps , and roars .  void  is  the   horizon  when  your  on  your  forth  day  of  transpac , thousands  of  miles  from  land .
void  is  the  next step  beyond  the  runners  high ,  that  place  where  you  become the  action ,  rytems   and  pain  is  replaced  with  bliss .

we  all  have  our  path  to  void , no  person  living  has  not an  understand of what  void  is .

there  is  no greater  or  lesser  understanding  of  void ,  each  point  of  veiw  is  personal  and unique .  

void  is  the  darkness  insight  is  painted  upon .
void  is  the  blank sheet  of paper  a writer  looks  at  befor  the  first  word is  pen'd

void  is  what  was  before  the  first  child comes , and  your  wife  looks  at  you  with  concern .

void  is  the  scream  in  the  dark  when  you stand  at  the  grave  of  a good  man  and husband of  30 years who  has  left you  ,  void  is  the  feeling  after
'what  am  i going  to  do  now?'.

god  is  one  of  the  meny  infinites .
god is  the  void  as  much  as  he  is  in  the  void .
all  the  infinite's are  as  much  the  void  as  they  are in  the  void .
void  is  the  absence  of  all things  finite .

awareness  is  the  answer  to  god  being  in  the  void .
until you  have  been there , do  not second  guess  god.

as a post script ; to all  my christian  friends . give  me  hell as a vacation  spot   to  the  void . a  lake  of  fire  is a resort compared  to  void ....
that  all assumes ...  assuming  god  is  not  there  in void , and  that  you  become  the  awareness  nature  of  the  infinites .
...kinda  standing  in for  god...

the  funny  thing  about  void...  it  does  not  alow two of  anything.
you can  not  have  two of  anything in  void ...   kind of  like  haveing  two  eternitys.
or   two  infinite  spaces...
having  two  magnetic feilds that  do  not  sense  each other...  but  do  the  same  thing  togather .

two   of  the  same  thing  does  not happen  in  void .

so  either  god  is  there  ...  or  you are.   and  its  not  a good  day  for  you  if  you visit  void .

Edited by onereaderone, 25 March 2013 - 04:49 AM.

#12    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

you can  not  say  this...  talk about  void  state  in  a muslim or  christian church...  and  it  does  not  go  over  well  in  a  bar  on  foot ball  night  either .

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 25 March 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

there  is  a time  before  the  big bang called  void .  there  is  a place  after  the  last  black  hole called  void .
if  you  ever  make  the  journie  there ,  know  that  you  look  into it to  lose  its  hold  upon  you .that you see  into  it,   you  are seeing  into  it...  there  is  you...  and  there  is  the  void ...  in  the  void  there  is  only  the  void , there  can  not  be  two ....  and  you will be free  of  it .

let  me  tell  you  a story .

reality  as  you  know  it  is   the  dimension  of  the  soul,  it  is  the  interface  of  location   and  delta/ change .
but  you  are  more  than  a change  of  motions  equation , the  force  still  equals  mass by volume   on change  of  location  in  time , but  you  are  more  than  record keeping  and formula's.

you are  alone  in  a space  that  is  not  black  or  bright , color  is  a fantacy you have  heard  of  but  do  not  remember .  size  is  a concept  that  you  understand  in the academic but  has  nothing  to  do  with  void .

cosmic  or  atomic , they  are  than same  thing  in  the  void .
eon's  or  nanoseconds ,  they  feel  the  same  in  the  void ,  for  nothing  changes .

nothing  changes  on  the  scale  of  the  cosmic ....  nothing  changes at  the  atomic .
for  as  far  as  the  mind  can reach on  a  cosmic  scale , there  is  not  a single  point that is unique  or  diffrent , even  when looking to that which is magnitudes smaller  than  an atom .

nothing  is , and  nothing  changes in  void .

it  is  not  black  or  white , it  is  not  hot  or cold , it  has  no color  or  smell .
void  is  infinite .

void  is  where  there  are  only  the  infinites .

void  is  something  that  you  understand in  an  academic  sense , when  you  do  a math  problem  and  feel  the  open  space  of  the  paper .
void  is feeling in  your  mind in  the  gray  noise  and  back ground  static  when  your  a hamradio operator.  void  is  the   hunger  you  feel  when  your audance  claps , and roars .  void  is  the   horizon  when  your  on  your  forth  day  of  transpac , thousands  of  miles  from  land .
void  is  the  next step  beyond  the  runners  high ,  that  place  where  you  become the  action ,  rytems   and  pain  is  replaced  with  bliss .

we  all  have  our  path  to  void , no  person  living  has  not an  understand of what  void  is .

there  is  no greater  or  lesser  understanding  of  void ,  each  point  of  veiw  is  personal  and unique .  

void  is  the  darkness  insight  is  painted  upon .
void  is  the  blank sheet  of paper  a writer  looks  at  befor  the  first  word is  pen'd

void  is  what  was  before  the  first  child comes , and  your  wife  looks  at  you  with  concern .

void  is  the  scream  in  the  dark  when  you stand  at  the  grave  of  a good  man  and husband of  30 years who  has  left you  ,  void  is  the  feeling  after
'what  am  i going  to  do  now?'.

god  is  one  of  the  meny  infinites .
god is  the  void  as  much  as  he  is  in  the  void .
all  the  infinite's are  as  much  the  void  as  they  are in  the  void .
void  is  the  absence  of  all things  finite .

awareness  is  the  answer  to  god  being  in  the  void .
until you  have  been there , do  not second  guess  god.

as a post script ; to all  my christian  friends . give  me  hell as a vacation  spot   to  the  void . a  lake  of  fire  is a resort compared  to  void ....
that  all assumes ...  assuming  god  is  not  there  in void , and  that  you  become  the  awareness  nature  of  the  infinites .
...kinda  standing  in for  god...

the  funny  thing  about  void...  it  does  not  alow two of  anything.
you can  not  have  two of  anything in  void ...   kind of  like  haveing  two  eternitys.
or   two  infinite  spaces...
having  two  magnetic feilds that  do  not  sense  each other...  but  do  the  same  thing  togather .

two   of  the  same  thing  does  not happen  in  void .

so  either  god  is  there  ...  or  you are.   and  its  not  a good  day  for  you  if  you visit  void .

After reading all of this i sit and think if ignorance is bliss,then i prefer to stay ignorant to this topic  :lol:  I followed what you were saying up to a point then you lost me.You kind of went in a circle of void is nothing or it is everything then back again.Though that may have been your point,im not sure  :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,500 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostRoyal, on 25 March 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Sure most religions provide a moral code, some are good, but it can be rather spotty.  Is it moral to put someone to death for being gay or someone accused of witchcraft?  (Still going on in many parts of the world.)   I think the Greeks and philosophers of the Age of Reason were on the right track of using reason rather than religion as a base for morality.  I am part of a religion, I'm  a Pagan. My moral base is not the same as Abrahamic religions. It is more related to ethics and reason than it is to rules given by a god (humans) 3000 years ago. My Father was an atheist and didn't use religion to teach me right from wrong. He used reason. Because he taught me to reason there are many things ideas my Father ascribed too that I don't.  That is how I taught my kids. I think it works better than brainwashing the sky god is going to send you to hell it you don't behave.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#15    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,244 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

I agree where did the laws of moral behavior that we are judged on , do not kill ,steal, cheat, or lie come from, if not from religion.

Edited by docyabut2, 25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users