Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I see what I thought I saw?

Mysteryman

I live in Queens, New York. I stepped out of my house the other day and observed my car for a reason. I saw a white object fly into it from the roof and out from the windshield. I squinted my eyes to see if I was seeing what I really was seeing. I was sure I saw it pass through the car. It was white and spinning like the description of a rod. Was it a rod?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crazy_boy

• Mysteryman

• atrueoriginall

• liquidmetal

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, no one really knows what a rod is. There was a video I was watching on Paranormal Investigators where a woman was getting interviewed, not being fast forward, and a white spinning object entered her head and came out slowly, with no effect after. And no, the windshield did not break, it simply passed through the roof, and out of the windshield, saw it with my own eyes. And what would be so surprising to see my car out in front of my house?

Rods have, for all intents and purposes, been confirmed to be flying insects. The only thing that makes them mysterious is the average persons lack of knowledge concerning frame speed and persistence of image.

Here is a site with explanations and pictures, including one of a rod that suddenly turns into a wasp as it lands on a leaf.

What are Rods?

And what would be so surprising to see my car out in front of my house?

laugh.gif Maybe it's because of your location.......

Rods have, for all intents and purposes, been confirmed to be flying insects.  The only thing that makes them mysterious is the average persons lack of knowledge concerning frame speed and persistence of image.

Here is a site with explanations and pictures, including one of a rod that suddenly turns into a wasp as it lands on a leaf.

What are Rods?

400000[/snapback]

Crazy site! Printed it out and going to read it...I dont understand how a spinning rod can simply turn into a wasp, maybe its an optical illusion that can't be understood by the eye because of the amazing speed these kind of wasp species has...