Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Top admiral: US can intercept a North Korean

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,946 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

http://worldnews.nbc...an-missile?lite

How can they be so sure when in the missle defence tests, there was only one hit out of four. How do they know that one missle that  North Korea sets off  does nt have a nuclear device on it?

#2    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Keep in mind, we only know about what they let us and everyone else know about.

#3    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,651 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:02 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 10 April 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Keep in mind, we only know about what they let us and everyone else know about.

Exactly. A lot of things are classified. Especially technology.

Edited by Eonwe, 10 April 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Hey, don't like my opinions? I can respect that. Just realize guns allow you to have that opinion without being labeled as mentally insane for questioning the state.

Political abuse of psychiatry in the USSR: http://en.wikipedia....he_Soviet_Union

#4    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

North Korean Military Technology is still in the stone age,my money is on their missile disintegrating into pieces.I don't think the US has much to worry about.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#5    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:34 AM

I would like to know what NK end game is do they really think they can win, are the just trying to squeeze some money or aid out of us and the UN, or something else? surelly his top brass can't be that dillusional or are they getting ready to stage a coup? If they kick his butt out of the country and merge with the south they would have one hell of an economic power on their hands.

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#6    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,725 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Kim jong un will never start a war he knows north Korea would lose.
I wanna see north korea get blown off the map

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

NK was very nearly wiped off the face of the Earth in the Korean war, it was the intervention of the Chinese that saved them. We'd driven them to the far side of the Yalu River. Then came the damned old Chinese. Their missiles are a joke, my guess would be they have very few nukes, I'm talking counting them on the fingers of one hand and having fingers left over when you're done. Fact is when they were testing their nuke it misfired twice before they actually go it to detonate and then it was a low yield device. Which is still a nasty thing, but the last country I'd want to threaten with nuclear war would be the US. Our stuff can hit what we aim it at and go boom when we want it to. Hell, the NK's might nuke themselves with their own weapon.

Of course, it would be fun to see that fat punk ass kid in charge driven threw the streets naked in front of everyone.

#8    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,260 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 10 April 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

I would like to know what NK end game is do they really think they can win, are the just trying to squeeze some money or aid out of us and the UN, or something else? surelly his top brass can't be that dillusional or are they getting ready to stage a coup? If they kick his butt out of the country and merge with the south they would have one hell of an economic power on their hands.
interesting theory. They want him to over-reach himself and end up with a large helping of egg on his face, so that will discredit the Dear Leader dynasty once and for all, and give them the chance to overthrow them?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#9    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,338 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 10 April 2013 - 03:34 AM, said:

Very good question...They know they couldnt win,cause plenty of destruction to seoul?Yes i do not care what any here say,even our top officials know if they let NK start a major war most of seoul would burn though that would be about the only place to receive major damage in the south before NK was wiped off the map.Could some of his top people be planning a coup?Sounds more plausible than them actually believing they could win a war with no major backing.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#10    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

He's only threatening nuke strikes because the US is flexing their muscles.

The US wants that area so badly. Lovely spot right on the Chinese border for some Airfields.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 10 April 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

Kim jong un will never start a war he knows north Korea would lose.
I wanna see north korea get blown off the map

I don't understand that.   No matter how messed up a government is...   People are people.  You honestly would like to see hundreds of thousands of  PEOPLE   get killed ? !

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Maybe they can test the new laser they have.

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

The North Koreans are playing the card that even though they would lose they would do a lot of harm and cause a lot of deaths.  They figure, fairly accurately, that the west is more civilized and will put up with a lot of stuff to avoid people getting killed.

#14    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 10 April 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

http://worldnews.nbc...an-missile?lite

How can they be so sure when in the missle defence tests, there was only one hit out of four. How do they know that one missle that  North Korea sets off  does nt have a nuclear device on it?

North Korea is estimated to have 12-27 nukes with yields of 6-40kt and to give some idea of explosive power the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of 16kt. The step to a hydrogen bomb (megatons instead of kt) is quite quick. All you do is shape your nuclear material into a hollow case and fill it with liquid hydrogen.

In WW2 most Japanese buildings in Hiroshima and Nagaski were made out of wood. All concrete buildings survived although they were badly damaged. The Hiroshima Peace Memorial was directly below the detonation, made of concrete and although damaged still stands. With a 40kt weapon the damage done to a city like New York isnt going to be that great. Its unlikely it would bring down a single sky scraper although I would expect a widespread firestorm.

That is unless they have made the step to hydrogen bomb. In which case people best get running for the hills lol.

#15    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,044 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 10 April 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

North Korea is estimated to have 12-27 nukes with yields of 6-40kt and to give some idea of explosive power the bomb dropped on Hiroshima had a yield of 16kt. The step to a hydrogen bomb (megatons instead of kt) is quite quick. All you do is shape your nuclear material into a hollow case and fill it with liquid hydrogen.

In WW2 most Japanese buildings in Hiroshima and Nagaski were made out of wood. All concrete buildings survived although they were badly damaged. The Hiroshima Peace Memorial was directly below the detonation, made of concrete and although damaged still stands. With a 40kt weapon the damage done to a city like New York isnt going to be that great. Its unlikely it would bring down a single sky scraper although I would expect a widespread firestorm.

That is unless they have made the step to hydrogen bomb. In which case people best get running for the hills lol.

Dont know where you got that info from but from all the news sources I've read, quote the experts as saying that North Korea may be enough material for 4 bombs. Look how long it took them to do the 3 tests. Now these bombs would quite litteraly be bombs as other experts believe that the North is years away from making them small enough to put on the tips of missiles.

Now the US would know the instant a NK Missile is launched at the US. They would have enough time to launcher counter measures and interceptors.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users