Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My dad is creeping me out

gowings83

My dad has been around a lot the last few days, he passed away 4 years ago today (Nov. 12). Since then I've seen him a few times in my sons room who was born 6 months after he passed. He was just standing there looking at him. Anyways, here's the background leading up to lately. My dad loved my ex to death, thought she was just the greatest. We seperated in August (she left me on his birthday.....go figure) She cheated on me and went with the other guy. Now, I've finally gotten together with somebody else. Last Saturday we were at a friends watching her daughter. We were in the bedroom, sparing all details she told me today she felt like being watched. Also there was random banging in the apartment at first, nothing was out of place and the child was sleeping. So this morning I'm laying in bed texting my girlfriend and out of nowhere I hear a whisper in my head, my dad saying my name. Then my ex tells me she saw him last night in my sons room again, just sitting on the bed watching my son. I tell my girlfriend about this and she told me something REALLY creepy. Obviously she's never met my dad so had no clue what was going on or who it was. This is what she sent me.

I was outside having a smoke and my phone apparently died, so i put it out and went inside. I plugged in my phone and it said it was mostly charged. I left it plugged in anyways and then it shut off again. My blanket started moving while I was sitting in bed, like being pulled off of me so I looked up. He was standing there. My phone shut off again, so I got p***ed and said "what do you want?" He left.

So she had no clue who this person was at the time, I emailed her a picture this morning and she said that's who the person was.

I don't know what to make of this, does he not like her or something. I'm thinking of maybe trying to "talk" to him, let him know what's going on. Just hope he hears.

Any ideas anybody? Me and my girlfriend are completely lost for what's going on.

Not to sound like an ass, but if your dad 'loved your ex to death', she was a cheater and your pop is always caught watching your kid, are you sure it's not his child?

• Like 2

Also not to be insensitive, but were you and/or you girlfriend under the influence of alcohol or other drugs?

*snip*

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Not an acceptable response - keep it civil or don't post at all.

Ok everyone so far, if you don't believe it don't say anything. I have no reason to think of my ex being with my dad ok. As for the drugs or alcohol no there was nothing like that involved. I'm looking for some ideas on what's going on perhaps by somebody who's had an experience with a passed parent/friend or anything else. I have no clue what to make of it and you want to poke jokes about it, then stay out of it please.

• Like 2

We fear the unknown...PERHAPS..he knows ur being creeped out..Reason why he lets him self be seen by ur girlfriend,Hes trying to communicate with her then.Talk to him quietly tell him u dont wish for this to be, and u wish to be communicated in a dream state! Perhaps he has unfinished business.. nothing negative for sure! I hear some souls stay around because they are lost.. an confused! my dad came to me in a dream state.. i felt no fear at all.. and all he wanted to do was to comfort me and gave me a huge hug! Every so often he shows in pictures and one of my friends saw him :) He does knows all that goes on..so dont be afraid to speak to him..After all he is and will always be connected to u, just remember we are souls 1st then body! YOUR awareness is strong because of a deep connection with him...and that is love.

JUST SAYING :) HOPE I MADE SENSE..

• Like 1

Hi there,

Was your Dad a stalky built man, tall, broad shoulders, beard, thick hair. thick beard but trimmed. His dress sense was like a teachers, blazer jackets, casual shirts etc. Also moving this topic to more appropriate forum.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Ok everyone so far, if you don't believe it don't say anything. I have no reason to think of my ex being with my dad ok. As for the drugs or alcohol no there was nothing like that involved. I'm looking for some ideas on what's going on perhaps by somebody who's had an experience with a passed parent/friend or anything else. I have no clue what to make of it and you want to poke jokes about it, then stay out of it please.

try not to get too offended by people here.. this place is full of people that think anyone that can sense things has mental issues, needs to see a shrink, is taking drugs and all the rest.. big bloody yawn!!!! wake up people!!

i haven't looked into your dad, but my guide just said he isn't happy about something..

this is just me going on what you have said: maybe you need to sit down and talk to him and ask him to move on and leave this all behind him.. he cant control it from the other side.. just sit in a meditating position, and state the focus is on connecting with your dad, he will come in.. and talk it through with him.. (even if you cant hear him..) just tell him to stop it.. your marriage is over.. he cant control it, just like you couldn't.. don't get angry.. always be kind and nice.. it better coming from you..

PM me if you want..

• Like 2

Alternatively if you find what bells said to difficult, you can ask for whatever he is trying to say, to be communicated to you in a dream... a dream on your level that you will remember.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Was your Dad a stalky built man, tall, broad shoulders, beard, thick hair. thick beard but trimmed. His dress sense was like a teachers, blazer jackets, casual shirts etc. Also moving this topic to more appropriate forum.

No he's wasn't bulky or anything like that, tall, maybe 6'2. I don't ever remember seeing him with any facial hair and for fashion well I seriously doubt he ever owned a blazer :P His wardrobe had pretty much just jeans and t-shirts.

Bells I was thinking the same about what he is doing. He's not happy with me having somebody else around. I just feel so bad she had to have that happen to her, she was really scared. It had also been suggested to me that he's just making himself known to her, but totally the wrong way, it's more showing to get away. In any case I was planning on trying to see what's going on, reaching out to him if only to say what I have to say. Now that it's quieter here I'm going to soon before I get too tired. I'm not expecting answers, but I know I will feel better just getting it out.

• Like 1

No he's wasn't bulky or anything like that, tall, maybe 6'2. I don't ever remember seeing him with any facial hair and for fashion well I seriously doubt he ever owned a blazer :P His wardrobe had pretty much just jeans and t-shirts.

Bells I was thinking the same about what he is doing. He's not happy with me having somebody else around. I just feel so bad she had to have that happen to her, she was really scared. It had also been suggested to me that he's just making himself known to her, but totally the wrong way, it's more showing to get away. In any case I was planning on trying to see what's going on, reaching out to him if only to say what I have to say. Now that it's quieter here I'm going to soon before I get too tired. I'm not expecting answers, but I know I will feel better just getting it out.

Ah ok, does it sound like anyone you know alive or in passing ? I was curious as to why i was seeing this gentlemen in relation to your situation. All the best with it though.

Sorry I can't think of anybody who would fit that description. At least from people in my family or friends. My ex's brother is a pretty big guy, tall, not quite what you would call built muscle wise, but he's a pretty big guy. He will sometimes wear clothes like a blazer, not often, mostly casual dressing, not usual type t-shirts, something more respectable. He is alive and living in Alberta, Canada. I'm in Ontario.

Edited by gowings83

So the ex's brother would be the uncle to your child ? is he known to the do OK gesture with his hands a lot or like hold 2 or 3 fingers out. Sorry i know it sounds weird, like someone who talks with their hands a lot or is known for that kind of posturing.

Only time I can think of him doing things like that is with my son, but it's the usual thing you do when you know he does something on his own or you're counting with him, things like that. He's 3 btw. Other than that I never noticed anything of that type.

My blanket started moving while I was sitting in bed, like being pulled off of me so I looked up. He was standing there. My phone shut off again, so I got p***ed and said "what do you want?" He left.

Sorry OP I’m not having a go at you or saying I don’t believe but when I read your story this stood out to me.

If a ghost was standing at end of my bed, Pulling my blankets off, the last thing I would think of would be to look at my phone let alone notice if it had shut off or not.

I think I would be in frozen with shock; it’s not the type of thing that you’re going to see every day.

Just my opinion no offence intended.

• Like 2

He is your son's Guardian... Do you have any reason to believe that your new girlfriend won't be a good mother and ruin your lives? Do you have any reason to believe that something is just NOT right with her? Or are you so blinded by desperation that you can't see her flaws?

Your dad don't care anything for your ex now, only for your son's well-being.

Ask the new girl if she is serious about staying and making things with you work, and if she is ready to settle down.

I think you and your son have been through enough heartbreak, for now... Your son doesn't need this girl's baggage while growing up corrupting his "healthy environment".

Spirits also drain batteries to manifest themselves, it takes a lot of energy to appear to someone...

Also do you think this girl could make this up to impress you or to catch you in a deeper hole of a trap?

Why would he haunt her, or why would he scare her like : "stay away from my family dude or you are dead!!!" Is that the type of guy you remember your dad as, or maybe he is trying to correct his mistakes and be a better man on the other side properly fulfilling his family duties now... "Watching out where he failed to do so while alive".

You will know when the time is right, either you or your girlfriend will do something in the near future, maybe a conflict or something that would make you both understand why your DAD decided to appear and scare the heck out of her.

I see your dad shaking his head while looking at this girl... Like "what the hell were you thinking son?"

Edited by araxia

And dude he appeared to her to get to you... He didn't want to scare you or knew you couldn't handle it so went to her instead. That can happen...

So his message to you is "you have a choice to make now, choose wisely because it will affect the rest of your life from then on"... Huge choice... He appeared to help you make the right one!

Spirits that act as Guardians will usually appear during critical times in people's lives during need and not necessarily to haunt someone... They have a job to do and a message to deliver... It is not like they are wandering around aimlessly... They have a purpose and appear with a purpose to people, and you have to seek that purpose... So maybe you did right posting here on this site seeking answers, maybe you got some?!

This sounds very creepy. So you have been seeing your dead dad appear in your house?

that is so creepy but interesting at the same time!

• Like 1

The fathers spirit appeared to many of them, not just the new girlfriend. That is how i understood it. Besides the perspective he is showing me is quite different and is about the sons uncle.

• Like 1

The fathers spirit appeared to many of them, not just the new girlfriend. That is how i understood it. Besides the perspective he is showing me is quite different and is about the sons uncle.

Yeah I know it and read it...appearing to his son and the new gf... But the father didn't pull off the blankets from his own son's bed... There are different degrees of "haunting" taking place and the girlfriend seems to have got it the worst, wonder why? And what is baby's uncle's purpose? That would be interesting.

And dude he appeared to her to get to you... He didn't want to scare you or knew you couldn't handle it so went to her instead. That can happen...

So his message to you is "you have a choice to make now, choose wisely because it will affect the rest of your life from then on"... Huge choice... He appeared to help you make the right one!

Spirits that act as Guardians will usually appear during critical times in people's lives during need and not necessarily to haunt someone... They have a job to do and a message to deliver... It is not like they are wandering around aimlessly... They have a purpose and appear with a purpose to people, and you have to seek that purpose... So maybe you did right posting here on this site seeking answers, maybe you got some?!

I do have a huge decision, one that will not only affect me but my son as well. They haven't met yet, but she is going to school to be a "early childhood educator" she just loves kids. I don't see any problems between them. I have no worries there, if anything I'm more worried about what his mom will say about it. Either way I have gotten some ideas to consider. It's far from the first time this has happened, somebody seeing my dad I mean. Most have you have been some help, if any other ideas come to mind please keep them coming. I lay in bed earlier just totally relaxed and talked, just thinking to him what's going on? Why? What are you trying to say? Things like that, if he can answer well hopefully he will.

... Blue comments posted in triplets, can you please delete those? Or just two of them? Thank you... IPhone must be acting up!

@OP your dad looked at the girlfriend like a predator does prey... Do you think he approves? Lol just saying.

I do have a huge decision, one that will not only affect me but my son as well. They haven't met yet, but she is going to school to be a "early childhood educator" she just loves kids. I don't see any problems between them. I have no worries there, if anything I'm more worried about what his mom will say about it. Either way I have gotten some ideas to consider. It's far from the first time this has happened, somebody seeing my dad I mean. Most have you have been some help, if any other ideas come to mind please keep them coming. I lay in bed earlier just totally relaxed and talked, just thinking to him what's going on? Why? What are you trying to say? Things like that, if he can answer well hopefully he will.

They haven't met yet? Maybe he doesn't want her to meet him... Guardians can be pretty fierce when it comes to warding off people that would be bad for their charges...

I lay in bed earlier just totally relaxed and talked, just thinking to him what's going on? Why? What are you trying to say? Things like that, if he can answer well hopefully he will.

You sound too relaxed, maybe that is your problem... Spirits don't just appear for a joke, especially not Guardian types, this is a serious matter and a serious message is being relayed here, and if you are too relaxed and too layed back when it comes to your new love interest you may miss the boat entirely... You will miss the point and treat this occurrence as insignificant... The spirit world is talking to you loud and clear and you think this is a joke?! Okay...