Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Great Pyramids VS Egyptian Pyramids

• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#31    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

I didn't know where to post this, but as this is one of the 200 threads about the Egyptian pyramids, it will do as well as in any other pyramid thread.

As far as I know, no one has ever posted about the theory of Italian researcher Elio Diomedi (and yes, I have searched for his name on UM).

OK, here is a video from UFO-TV, but no worries, it's not about aliens, giants, Atlantis or all that:

http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

#32    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 23 April 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

That is the confusing part that you expect me to believe that the size and scale decreased as the art of Pyramid building advanced.
Again just to point out to all of you, your opinions and my opinions or the mainstream opinions of why these things were missing in the great pyramids are all theories without any empirical proof.
-snip-

So what empirical proof do you have exactly, for your own hypothesis?

Edited by TheSearcher, 23 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#33    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 23 April 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

So what empirical proof do you have exactly, for your own hypothesis?
I am not the one making the claim that Khufu build the Great Pyramids.
I am trying to present why logically this does not seem to be the case to me.i.e Khufu did not build the great pyramids.
Please read the post you are quoting where i clearly mention that my own opinion though sceptical is not based on empirical proof, but since i am not the one making the claim the burden of proof lies on the people making the claim, i am just being a sceptic.

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 23 April 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#34    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 23 April 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

You don't know exactly how to spell Pharoan as mainstream egyptology is only certain of the consonants and guesses the vowels.(Maybe you didn't know this)
I just mentioned a few evidences regarding what i believe but i guess you missed the indication.
Since we can both bewilder each other lets continue doing so. :yes:

However your "evidence", does not fit into either category of persuasive or factual, in fact your own evidence contradicts itself :lol: ...

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

--- from Amarna Sunset, Aidan Dodson.

#35    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 23 April 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

However your "evidence", does not fit into either category of persuasive or factual, in fact your own evidence contradicts itself :lol: ...
How does my "Suggestion" counter itself?. You still continue to bewilder me.

I never presented any evidence, i am a Sceptic demanding more evidence.

My logic might not be persuasive for you, but you are a strange fellow so i will excuse my logic for the time being.

Now are you trying to counter your own bewilderment by giving blanket statments on my logic?

#36    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

We are really sinking deep with our bewilderment, though excuse me, you have bewildered me furthermore...

I just mentioned a few evidences regarding what i believe but i guess you missed the indication.

Now you are claiming that, quote

"It is of course the height of irony that, after this intensive campaign to expunge them from the annals of Egypt, the Amarna pharaohs are today probably the most recognized of all the country's ancient rulers."

#37    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 23 April 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

well, Harsh, isnt that a bit too tacky on your side??
Skeptic?
really???? Seriously???

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#38    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 23 April 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

well, Harsh, isnt that a bit too tacky on your side??
Skeptic?
really???? Seriously???
I am modestly claiming to be a better skeptic then many out here at UM, as i am skeptical of all unverified information from fringe as well as the mainstream.
I can't be selectively skeptical only of Fringe theories, as then i wouldn't be a true skeptic.

#39    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 23 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

I am modestly claiming to be a better skeptic then many out here at UM, as i am skeptical of all unverified information from fringe as well as the mainstream.
I can't be selectively skeptical only of Fringe theories, as then i wouldn't be a true skeptic.

Only if there were to be a *face slaps* emotive, available on this forum... :mellow:

#40    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 23 April 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

We are really sinking deep with our bewilderment, though excuse me, you have bewildered me furthermore...

Now you are claiming that, quote
So then if you know what evidences i was talking about to support the idea of an ancient lost global civilization i.e great cities structures around the world build in antiquity and some lying underwater currently then why would you ask me again. I specifically also mentioned Gobekli Tepe, Gulf of Khambat Dwarka, The Stone cities in the mountains of South America... all these are indicative of ancient civilizations which may have been global in nature or interactions.
I thought you were asking me for evidence for my theory that "We don't really know who built the great pyramids?" for which i don't need to put any evidence.

Also i would like to know, which of my suggestions contradict themselves according to you?

#41    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostNefer-Ankhe, on 23 April 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Only if there were to be a *face slaps* emotive, available on this forum... :mellow:
Lol.. i guess your bewilderment arises because a "Skeptic" shouldn't question the mainstream according to you. Am i right?

#42    Nefer-Ankhe

Nefer-Ankhe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

For all intents and purposes question "mainstream" concepts and theories, though in doing so, provide explanations and adequate evidence, to support and maintain your own concepts...

Edited by Nefer-Ankhe, 23 April 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#43    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,669 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

In ordinary usage, skepticism (US) or scepticism (UK) (Greek: 'σκέπτομαι' skeptomai, to think, to look about, to consider; see also spelling differences) refers to:
  • (a) an attitude of doubt or a disposition to incredulity either in general or toward a particular object;
  • (B) the doctrine that true knowledge or knowledge in a particular area is uncertain; or
  • © the method of suspended judgment, systematic doubt, or criticism that is characteristic of skeptics (Merriam–Webster).
In philosophy, scepticism refers more specifically to any one of several propositions. These include propositions about:
  • (a) an inquiry,
  • (B) a method of obtaining knowledge through systematic doubt and continual testing,
  • © the arbitrariness, relativity, or subjectivity of moral values,
  • (d) the limitations of knowledge,
  • (e) a method of intellectual caution and suspended judgment.

whut ?

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Skepticism

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#44    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

Since Harsh is a person  who doesnt like OCcam's Razor or selectively uses Occam's Razor when he finds it fit for his claims and theories, i cant accept his claim of being a skeptic.

A skeptic who doesnt like OCcam's Razor???
Naah. Thats a fictious charachter!!!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#45    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,248 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

I would say that you are being a scoffer and not a skeptic. One comment you have used several times is to claim that this is "based on a fraud by Vyse." The evidence against that claim is overwhelming as you were shown in the thread about that topic.

Even one of the fringe authors agrees that the relieving chamber hieroglyphics are genuine. Graham Hancock states:

http://www.grahamhan...trenches-p4.htm

Cracks in some of the joints reveal hieroglyphs set far back into the masonry. No 'forger' could possibly have reached in there after the blocks had been set in place - blocks, I should add, that weigh tens of tons each and that are immovably interlinked with one another. The only reasonable conclusion is the one which orthodox Egyptologists have already long held - namely that the hieroglyphs are genuine Old Kingdom graffiti and that they were daubed on the blocks before construction began.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users