Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Super volcano' lies hidden in Italy

super volcano italy

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

we better pay some visits to yellowstone and fast cuz the volcano might explode soon

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,854 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

I never did get to go Yellowstone in the years that I was working Stateside - did pretty much everything else, but regret not seeing this incredible natural park.

To be honest, I would not feel very safe taking my family there currently because of the seismic activity and the upswelling in certain areas of the Caldera/s. It is such an immense volcano that it would take hours to drive out of it if a crisis did occur. No... I think I will remain in Tennesee and the adjacent states this year (look out USA The Keithisco Family Roadtrip starts 15 Oct!! Get those ribs ready, and the Catfish :clap: ) - unless Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga become listed as a "Super Volcano"!! :unsure2: :no:

Edited by keithisco, 09 August 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#18    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 09 August 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

I never did get to go Yellowstone in the years that I was working Stateside - did pretty much everything else, but regret not seeing this incredible natural park.

To be honest, I would not feel very safe taking my family there currently because of the seismic activity and the upswelling in certain areas of the Caldera/s. It is such an immense volcano that it would take hours to drive out of it if a crisis did occur. No... I think I will remain in Tennesee and the adjacent states this year (look out USA The Keithisco Family Roadtrip starts 15 Oct!! Get those ribs ready, and the Catfish :clap: ) - unless Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga become listed as a "Super Volcano"!! :unsure2: :no:
Actually one of the safest place from Yellowstone would be Denver according to some scientists

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#19    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Super vulcano in Italy, whatta news. It has been known for decades.....

Finally got my black belt....

#20    goodgodno

goodgodno

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Explore. Dream. Discover.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Never heard of drilling into a magma chamber.  Wouldn't recommend it!

#21    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

If that thing is the size of the Yellowstone one, then a "warning system" is pointless, unless they have a way to evacuate the entire planet.

They should rather spend the money to give everyone a nice bottle of Chianti to enjoy the last minutes of life on earth.

#22    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 24 August 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

If that thing is the size of the Yellowstone one, then a "warning system" is pointless, unless they have a way to evacuate the entire planet.

They should rather spend the money to give everyone a nice bottle of Chianti to enjoy the last minutes of life on earth.

I'm allergic to sulfites could you switch that to "Grappa"? :whistle: :whistle:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#23    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

every time I go to Italy and head out on the autostrada I can't go fast enough to get by Naples and Vesuvius.I do not trust that mountain one bit. my relatives live in the south but I am certain they would also be affected by any eruption. Sometimes things should be left alone unless there is a certanity that drilling would not cause an eruption. No guarantees!

#24    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,030 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't understand how this one blowing could lead to the others going as well... :unsure2:

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users