Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Forum update progress

update

  • Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#271    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,803 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

Not sure what else to suggest to be honest, the forum isn't designed to facilitate downloading local copies of whole threads.


#272    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,061 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostSaru, on 28 May 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Not sure what else to suggest to be honest, the forum isn't designed to facilitate downloading local copies of whole threads.

No, I know that.

I just wanted to have easy access to the info many have posted in that now archived thread.


#273    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

    Njuggle

  • Member
  • 9,244 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • I never walk alone.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

View Postacute alan, on 28 May 2012 - 08:45 AM, said:

Thank you, ouija ouija. I didn't know about that 'top' button and it's really useful!
I was frightened to press it before now, just in case I inadvertantly 'topped' myself.

:hmm:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#274    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,646 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Any update on page navigation within threads on the mobile version?

Also in relation to the notification that you have posted in a thread, will this ever be reintroduced under this mobile boards forum version or?

Thanks


#275    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,803 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 29 May 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Any update on page navigation within threads on the mobile version?
The bad news is that for some reason Invision thought it would be a good idea to replace conventional pagination with a simple next and back system on the mobile skin in this version and there's no indication that they intend to put it back ( at least for now. )

The good news is that i've been able to restore this feature to the forums here using template code from a previous version.

Try it again now - let me know if you run in to any problems with it.


#276    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,803 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Update:

The image "edit" button on the gallery is working again, users can now edit any aspect of their own uploaded images.


#277    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

    Space Cadet

  • 30,896 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

  • We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

    Oscar Wilde

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostSaru, on 29 May 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Update:

The image "edit" button on the gallery is working again, users can now edit any aspect of their own uploaded images.

:tu: Jolly good show.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#278    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,646 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:21 AM

View PostSaru, on 29 May 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:


The bad news is that for some reason Invision thought it would be a good idea to replace conventional pagination with a simple next and back system on the mobile skin in this version and there's no indication that they intend to put it back ( at least for now. )

The good news is that i've been able to restore this feature to the forums here using template code from a previous version.

Try it again now - let me know if you run in to any problems with it.

Thanks a lot Saru, it's working fine. Quite surprised Invision would not include this as a necessary feature. Efficiency and effectiveness out the window. Quite the opposite way to go when developing web applications.


#279    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,061 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Hello Saru,

If I remember well one could, before the update, change the number of posts per page (from 5 to 25 or something).

I have tried to find where to do that, or is that option no more?

And if it is still there, does it also work when you change the theme to IP.Board Mobile?


#280    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,803 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 30 May 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

If I remember well one could, before the update, change the number of posts per page (from 5 to 25 or something).

As far as i know there is no equivalent of this option in the current version of the forum software.


#281    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,061 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

View PostSaru, on 30 May 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

As far as i know there is no equivalent of this option in the current version of the forum software.

OK, bad luck then.

I assume you know why I asked: if I combine the IP Board Mobile theme with the max number of posts per page, then downloading that monster of a thread would become a bit easier.

Oh well, I'll try to find another solution.


#282    rashore

rashore

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is a forum update problem or just me.. But I have noticed this since the forum update. My spell check does not work when I'm posting in the forums, but it is working for PM.


#283    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

    Forum Divinity

  • Closed
  • 13,536 posts
  • Joined:18 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

View Postrashore, on 30 May 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I'm not sure if this is a forum update problem or just me.. But I have noticed this since the forum update. My spell check does not work when I'm posting in the forums, but it is working for PM.
If you are using Mozilla, you must re-enable it by Right-Click within the editor and select Check Spelling.  You may also need to re-select the language.

See image:

Attached File  enable spell check in FF.jpg   45.87K   2 downloads


#284    rashore

rashore

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,494 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 30 May 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

If you are using Mozilla, you must re-enable it by Right-Click within the editor and select Check Spelling.  You may also need to re-select the language.

See image:

Attachment enable spell check in FF.jpg

Thank you! re-selecting the language fixed it :)


#285    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,803 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Updates:

- Profile photographs for comments on front page news stories and in the gallery have been updated.
- Thread ratings have now been enabled on all sections of the forums





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users