Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

never thought id say this...but

seeder

I just caught a ufo in a Bruce Willis film.. Live Free or Die Hard

1.40 mins

post-135078-0-47505100-1360280780_thumb.

post-135078-0-60578100-1360280792_thumb.

No kidding... if you have the film, great, if not ask google to 'Let me watch this' then film name etc

actually its maybe 1.43 mins, One hour that is and 43 mins...and it does move rather quick!!

Edited by seeder

How can you be sure it is a true UFO and not a mistake on Hollywood's part?

Think I've got this HD so I'll have a look on my computer later.

But just for the record: you know it's a movie right? Possibility it could be post processing etc. An Easter egg maybe...

How can you be sure it is a true UFO and not a mistake on Hollywood's part?

ha - how can I be sure its a ufo? Well coz I watched it over and over for a few mins and didnt see any wings to IDENTIFY it as a plane. Which it almost is bound to be. Watching a movie on a pc screen doesn't allow for the best resolution tho.

Im not saying its aliens either, just to make that clear.

Think I've got this HD so I'll have a look on my computer later.

But just for the record: you know it's a movie right? Possibility it could be post processing etc. An Easter egg maybe...

yeh I know its a movie, lol...but in the movie its not a part of any scene, intentionally that is. You'll see what I mean if you watch it too!!

Well it never hurts to Look ,RIGHT ? :alien::no:

Agreed! Ya never know! :)

Might see a subliminal message like how Disney puts in their movies for children! Lol

Edited by Lava_Lady

Just throwing this out there, I do not have the film, so I cannot check it, but what about Rods? Don't they show up in some films from time to time? Could it be just a Bug?

Just throwing this out there, I do not have the film, so I cannot check it, but what about Rods? Don't they show up in some films from time to time? Could it be just a Bug?

I will pm you a link

I will pm you a link

I hope the link you PM'd was the proper explanation of rods as just bugs...

Edit: On the 720p version I have ripped there is a big ass bird at 1:47:25. (Also the truck scene starts at 1:46:22 for me).

Edit 2: Ooh I found your UFO at 1:47:30! It's a street lamp! Your frame is taken a fraction of a second after this one and with the resolution you were watching it, it would have been hard to see the pole.

gallery_109438_8_15847.jpg

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 2

Seeder, have you thought about asking Hollywood for a job, because allllll the editors and producers and others involved missed the street lamp, sorry, UFO.

Seeder, have you thought about asking Hollywood for a job, because allllll the editors and producers and others involved missed the street lamp, sorry, UFO.

If you thought that was crazy, check out the big ass bird shaped UFO!

med_gallery_109438_8_27263.jpg

Edit: Same scene too! Sooooo much UFO activity. Maybe they need Bruce Willis to save the day à la The Fifth Element...

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

OMG, I never noticed that before, you must be the first. Its uncanny, if i was not so sure it was a UFO I would have said it was a big ass bird.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

OMG, I never noticed that before, you must be the first. Its uncanny, if i was not so sure it was a UFO I would have said it was a big ass bird.

They imitate things that resemble lamp posts and big ass birds to try and fool us...

They thought we wouldn't notice!

• Like 1

They imitate things that resemble lamp posts and big ass birds to try and fool us...

They thought we wouldn't notice!

They never banked on Seeder watching it.

Think we may have just come off Seeders xmas card list. :whistle:

I hope the link you PM'd was the proper explanation of rods as just bugs...

Edit: On the 720p version I have ripped there is a big ass bird at 1:47:25. (Also the truck scene starts at 1:46:22 for me).

Edit 2: Ooh I found your UFO at 1:47:30! It's a street lamp! Your frame is taken a fraction of a second after this one and with the resolution you were watching it, it would have been hard to see the pole.

hahaha...bl00dy compressed web videos again! Plus a couple of beers to help lack of judgement along. So well spotted and thanks for looking. :tu: You're still shot is waaaay clearer than the ones I posted.

Still I think in retrospect the amount of time that films been out someone must have seen it too, but a quick google on it last nite revealed no-one else was caught out! Evidently as it was a lamp!

Ive oddly developed this thing of looking at sky shots in movies/photos, a completely pointless venture really...dont know if you'll remember the story/clips of the John Wayne film UFO? That pretty much got me started, And the various newscasts which allegedly show stuff in the background scenes...

So glad you cleared this one up!

• Like 1

:w00t: you saw the stills I posted?... in Tomonthys pic it looks almost daylight to the version I watched. Plus I think its scene for about 2 seconds, an honest mistake but hey the movie was great!"

• Like 2

John Wayne film UFO?

I never saw this, any links? this should be interesting.....but give me a minute, just got to get off my horse and drink my milk.

Edit: Same scene too! Sooooo much UFO activity. Maybe they need Bruce Willis to save the day à la The Fifth Element...

man I should start watching stuff on the TV/DVD again, didnt even notice the bird/s

:w00t: you saw the stills I posted?... in Tomonthys pic it looks almost daylight to the version I watched. Plus I think its scene for about 2 seconds, an honest mistake but hey the movie was great!"

Shame really, you could have worked in Hollywood beside John McTiernan. :cry:

John Wayne film UFO?

I never saw this, any links? this should be interesting.....but give me a minute, just got to get off my horse and drink my milk.

hehe!.... yeh there was a buzz at the time about it, like there usually is, heres a link, not the best but you will get the jist

http://www.ufocasebook.com/rioufo.html

if you cant watch their vid ( I cant) .... then its everywhere else, just google john wayne ufo!! But dont get too excited.

• Like 1

that was a close call.. seeder you nearly started a new ufo myth .. be more careful next time :P

• Like 1

that was a close call.. seeder you nearly started a new ufo myth .. be more careful next time :P

:w00t: yeh what a twit i feel.!! Cant believe I watched it over and over for 5 mins or so! But a few Belgium beers, (blonde beer called Leffe), and unexpected glints in web movies... ..whatever!! haha!!