Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 8 votes

Trail Camera Pictures

• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

#31    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Borrowing a friends trail camera...$360.00 one , sure makes a diference...Here is last night and yesterday....Mine is further back in the woods now , no pics on it as of yet ( if they even turn out)
Attached File  MDGC0003.JPG   120.96K   326 downloads
Attached File  MDGC0007.JPG   64.52K   361 downloads
Attached File  MDGC0009.JPG   54.25K   277 downloads

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,874 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Cool. Good luck!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

Here's two taken recently. I never bothered to set the date and time properly.

First one is obviously a deer.
Attached File  rsz_1sunp0014.jpg   124.82K   283 downloads

Coyote?
Attached File  rsz_3sunp0029.jpg   105.64K   314 downloads

I think as many as possible should join in on this. It's like X-mas morning everytime you walk up to the camera and find you have pictures.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#34    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

View Postgonzowalker, on 27 June 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

Attachment rsz_1sunp0014.jpg

Coyote?
Attachment rsz_3sunp0029.jpg

I think as many as possible should join in on this. It's like X-mas morning everytime you walk up to the camera and find you have pictures.

Good deal ,and I agree , lets get some trail cam pics posted!....My replacement should be here end of week....Here are 2 from last week , night shots...

Attached Files

Edited by Sakari, 27 June 2010 - 04:08 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#35    gonzowalker

gonzowalker

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

• Many things in this life
    Are not what they appear
    Yeah, I look like a hare
    But if you stop and you stare
    I'm related to a deer

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:57 AM

Are you baiting your cam out? At first I tried throwing around some of that catfish bait from a bag....only attracted some buzzards.

I really hope more people get involved with this, whether we get a pic of BF or just some racoons, it's still a good effort.

It's hard to kiss the lips at night That chew your *** out all day long. - The Notorious Cherry Bombs

#36    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

View Postgonzowalker, on 29 June 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

Are you baiting your cam out? At first I tried throwing around some of that catfish bait from a bag....only attracted some buzzards.

I really hope more people get involved with this, whether we get a pic of BF or just some racoons, it's still a good effort.

Yes , feeder...Cob ( oats and stuff)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#37    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:07 AM

I now have 2 trail cams out in 2 locations....Will post pics within a week :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#38    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

I love trail cams. The comment about christmas morning is correct. Everytime you check the camera you could have nothing at all or something very interesting. Just a word of advice on trail cams. All are not made the same. Some are junk and others are very good and most of the time you get what you pay for. Obviously digital is the way to go 100%. They are silent and take better quality pictures. Make sure it has a good quality camera in it. The cheaper cameras, with exceptions of course, will be very frustrating. The shutter speeds are slow, you get a lot of pictures of nothing or a deer's butt moving out of the frame. You don't need the most expensive but do yourself a favor and get a quality trail cam. Also, put the camera out in a likely spot. Make sure there are signs of animal activity around. Putting it out around a good food source is always a good idea. Of course if you can make your own food source by pouring a bag of corn on the ground, where legal of course, that is all that much better. Also most cameras have a heat sensor on them so do not point them facing into a rising or setting sun. You will end up with a lot of sunrise and sunset pictures but no animals. Only put the camera up about 3ft off the ground. Most people put them up to high and miss some smaller animals. One of the most important things I can add is always carry extra batteries. Trail cams are notorious for eating batteries fast, so make sure you always have extras and of the right kind. Some trail cams are very picky about batteries. I have one that will only work right with duracels. Its strange but true. Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

Mike

#39    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:34 PM

View Postmsmike1, on 17 July 2010 - 03:16 PM, said:

I love trail cams. The comment about christmas morning is correct. Everytime you check the camera you could have nothing at all or something very interesting. Just a word of advice on trail cams. All are not made the same. Some are junk and others are very good and most of the time you get what you pay for. Obviously digital is the way to go 100%. They are silent and take better quality pictures. Make sure it has a good quality camera in it. The cheaper cameras, with exceptions of course, will be very frustrating. The shutter speeds are slow, you get a lot of pictures of nothing or a deer's butt moving out of the frame. You don't need the most expensive but do yourself a favor and get a quality trail cam. Also, put the camera out in a likely spot. Make sure there are signs of animal activity around. Putting it out around a good food source is always a good idea. Of course if you can make your own food source by pouring a bag of corn on the ground, where legal of course, that is all that much better. Also most cameras have a heat sensor on them so do not point them facing into a rising or setting sun. You will end up with a lot of sunrise and sunset pictures but no animals. Only put the camera up about 3ft off the ground. Most people put them up to high and miss some smaller animals. One of the most important things I can add is always carry extra batteries. Trail cams are notorious for eating batteries fast, so make sure you always have extras and of the right kind. Some trail cams are very picky about batteries. I have one that will only work right with duracels. Its strange but true. Anyway, I hope some of this helps.

Mike

Good advice.....Start posting some pics :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#40    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

Fox from yesterday....A lot more to come in a week....

Attached Files

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#41    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

A few more....(in seperate posts)Attached File  MDGC0009.JPG   223.03K   127 downloadsHope more start posting....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#42    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

Attached File  MDGC0163.JPG   99.98K   136 downloadsmore...Attached File  MDGC0159.JPG   97.41K   150 downloads

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#43    j b

j b

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• If you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

View PostSakari, on 19 July 2010 - 12:04 AM, said:

im glad somebody has started to do this... keep em coming!

#44    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,212 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

View Postj b, on 19 July 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

im glad somebody has started to do this... keep em coming!

I will post mine about every week , one camera is to far to go check every day :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#45    j b

j b

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• If you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough
    -Albert Einstein

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

View Postgonzowalker, on 27 June 2010 - 10:07 AM, said:

Attachment rsz_1sunp0014.jpg

Coyote?
Attachment rsz_3sunp0029.jpg

Im so getting one now... Sakari's on the West and Im far East so somebody in the middle too, my god man... we can do it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users