Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Varginha Brazil ET: A Hoax Exposed

varginha et hoax

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,612 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

In 1996 the UFO community was reeling from the news that two extraterrestrial beings had been captured in Varginha, in southwest Minas Gerais state in Brazil. Spotted by three girls, the creature was later captured by the Brazilian Army, with assistance from the local police. The being was autopsied at a major hospital in Varghina and it was determined to be a creature that was unknown to science.

Though names of individuals and institutions were given in support of this event, a decade and a half later it can now be revealed that the entire “Varginha ET” affair was a hoax based on child hysteria and on the sightings of the deformed.

http://bragalia.blog...ax-exposed.html

Posted Image

#2    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 30 October 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

In 1996 the UFO community was reeling from the news that two extraterrestrial beings had been captured in Varginha, in southwest Minas Gerais state in Brazil. Spotted by three girls, the creature was later captured by the Brazilian Army, with assistance from the local police. The being was autopsied at a major hospital in Varghina and it was determined to be a creature that was unknown to science.

Though names of individuals and institutions were given in support of this event, a decade and a half later it can now be revealed that the entire “Varginha ET” affair was a hoax based on child hysteria and on the sightings of the deformed.

http://bragalia.blog...ax-exposed.html

Nah.  Too many witnesses.    Despite any intellectually and politically motivated report, it always in the end comes down to witnesses.

Posted Image

#3    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

Nah.  Too many witnesses.  

:lol: No surprice there.

I cant wait for the day (if it ever comes) when we dont have to choose what to believe in this matter.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#4    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

I have never studied this particular case in any detail, although this is the first time I have heard of this doctor or the alleged "autopsy" he performed on an ET.  All I can recall about the case was that the military took the supposed aliens away to an unknown location.

#5    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostHazzard, on 30 October 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

:lol: No surprice there.

I cant wait for the day (if it ever comes) when we dont have to choose what to believe in this matter.

When that happens I can promise you it won't happen in your favour.

Posted Image

#6    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 October 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I have never studied this particular case in any detail, although this is the first time I have heard of this doctor or the alleged "autopsy" he performed on an ET.  All I can recall about the case was that the military took the supposed aliens away to an unknown location.

Exactly.  Why didn't they reveal these so called dwarves?

I was no fan of Chasing UFO's the series but that testimony by those three ladies was compelling.  Look no further for the truth of that case.

Posted Image

#7    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

When that happens I can promise you it won't happen in your favour.

Having known Hazz for some time now I can tell you that all he wants is the truth, no matter if it's ET or not. Whatever the answer might be as long as it's verifiable and provable it will be in Hazz's (everybody's, actually) favor. You however have shown that you don't want the truth, you only want ET and it has severely limited your vision on this subject.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#8    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 30 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Having known Hazz for some time now I can tell you that all he wants is the truth, no matter if it's ET or not. Whatever the answer might be as long as it's verifiable and provable it will be in Hazz's (everybody's, actually) favor. You however have shown that you don't want the truth, you only want ET and it has severely limited your vision on this subject.

The truth is the truth no matter what view one puts upon it.

Posted Image

#9    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

View Postzoser, on 30 October 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Exactly.  Why didn't they reveal these so called dwarves?

I was no fan of Chasing UFO's the series but that testimony by those three ladies was compelling.  Look no further for the truth of that case.

I'd have to read Portuguese to really go into this case, and although I can read Spanish pretty well I tend to miss things in Portuguese so I just have to rely on translations to deal with the Brazilian cases.

I never even knew that this pathologist the article refers to was ever in the picture at all as far as this case is concerned.  Maybe he was and I never heard of it, but his name didn't ring a bell with me at all.

#10    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I'd have to read Portuguese to really go into this case, and although I can read Spanish pretty well I tend to miss things in Portuguese so I just have to rely on translations to deal with the Brazilian cases.

I never even knew that this pathologist the article refers to was ever in the picture at all as far as this case is concerned.  Maybe he was and I never heard of it, but his name didn't ring a bell with me at all.

So how did they explain away the rapid death of the military guy who suffered rapid collapse of his immune system I wonder?  The report from the nurse at the hospital, the lady at the zoo?  Far too many witnesses on this one.  Worth watching a doc on this one MacG it's a cracker.

Posted Image

#11    Golly Buster

Golly Buster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

* groans *

So lame.

This 'hoax exposed' is as pathetic as the Socorro one a few months back.

I doubt Skeptics will care that its ridiculous and implausible though: they're the least discerning amongst us when it comes to accepting data - any data - that reinforces the dark, status quo cage of concrete reality that they desperately want us all to go on living in.

#12    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostGolly Buster, on 30 October 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

* groans *

So lame.

I doubt Skeptics will care that its ridiculous and implausible though: they're the least discerning amongst us when it comes to accepting data - any data - that reinforces the dark, status quo cage of concrete reality that they desperately want us all to go on living in.

Agreed; the best part about Chasing UFO's for me was the interview in Varginha with the 3 ladies.  Not Jame's Fox's tears but their testimony.  They have stuck with their story after all these years.

Posted Image

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

View PostGolly Buster, on 30 October 2012 - 08:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

* groans *

So lame.

Well that just show how pathetic your attitude is. Broad brush everyone because you are too lazy to listen to everyone. In fact I am finding the majority of believers to be bloody lazy. Broad Brush statements, generalisations, and yet the second a critical thinker offers a prosaic explanation, the believer suddenly becomes interested in details.

It was a stupid comment because it is completely wrong. I'd like to proclaims myself as one of the stronger "skeptics" as you like to put it, and I did not go for the Sorroco explanation. To my experience, Anthony Bragalia is very loose with his facts. I cannot say I believe aliens landed, but I cannot say this is the answer to the conundrum either. That Lier was involved does not do the ET angle any favours either.

Now if this is so off the wall, what is the big red flag? Why is this explanation implausible? Where do you see the problem?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#14    Golly Buster

Golly Buster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 October 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Now if this is so off the wall, what is the big red flag? Why is this explanation implausible? Where do you see the problem?

The whole blog post is just froth and nonsense.

Read it again.

There's no information of substance there. No 'hoax' has been exposed.

#15    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 October 2012 - 06:37 AM, said:

Well that just show how pathetic your attitude is
The only pathetic one I see here is you pal

Also tagged with varginha, et, hoax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users